+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's the press and especially the local press that blew this story out of all proportion.

There's every chance that Bale had numerous offers on the table - I said a couple of days ago it would surprise me if that wasn't the case given his abilities and his profile. But we've got no idea how good any of those offers were or how good City's offer was. The latter could have been laughable for all we know, but the club itself and the player are never going to say as much.
    No but his agent and Bale's non denial fanned the flames. Oh well, it is what it is, hope he does well and is firing on all cylinders for the WC. LAFC need a good playoff run, though. Season ends on Oct 9th, and there's a lot of plastic pitches over there...

Maybe time to change the thread title?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's previously said he will play for Wales until he hangs his boots up.
    Well in that case, I think Rob Page has got some tough decisions to make when it comes to selection and what he sees as his first choice team in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Maybe time to change the thread title?
    To Scott Johnson has stuffed it?

Perhaps he was interested to a degree and it was a genuine option, but in the end the prospect of playing in America simply appealed more to him and his family.

Did the player himself ever mention Cardiff City?
    Exactly, some bizarre butthurt reactions on here (and elsewhere no doubt)

He had options, he considered them, he chose one, it wasn't us. He never himself even suggested he was coming here, not sure what he was meant to have done differently

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Exactly, some bizarre butthurt reactions on here (and elsewhere no doubt)

He had options, he considered them, he chose one, it wasn't us. He never himself even suggested he was coming here, not sure what he was meant to have done differently
    As TLG said, the media and some ITK types haven't done themselves proud and made it sound like a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    MLS probably less competitive than the Championship lots more money no connection to us for Bale.
    I honestly don't know what the standard or the general style of play out there is, I've never watched an MLS game from start to finish, but it may well suit him more than playing for Cardiff in the Championship, especially with the World Cup coming up.

Significantly better weather, fewer matches, possibly a less physical and frenetic style of football, more appealing lifestyle, and maybe a period of rest before travelling to Qatar. He's said all along that his next move won't be about money and I've little doubt that's the case with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well in that case, I think Rob Page has got some tough decisions to make when it comes to selection and what he sees as his first choice team in the not too distant future.
    Games are in March, June, Sept, Oct and Nov usually aren't they? He'll be coming off a long season for the back end but at least he'll have game time, and will be fresher for March and June. Still, I can't imagine it's ideal prep.

I honestly don't know what the standard or the general style of play out there is, I've never watched an MLS game from start to finish, but it may well suit him more than playing for Cardiff in the Championship, especially with the World Cup coming up.

Significantly better weather, fewer matches, possibly a less physical and frenetic style of football, more appealing lifestyle, and maybe a period of rest before travelling to Qatar. He's said all along that his next move won't be about money and I've little doubt that's the case with this one.
    Also, nobody will know who he is. Rooney said this about playing in MLS. It must be quite nice and novel for him to go somewhere where most people won't recognise him and he can have a semi normal life.

Disappointing, and doesn't really fit with the checklist for his next club that Bale and his agent spelt out a few weeks ago.

But I'm well on the way to persuading myself we have dodged a bullet.

In an alternative universe we got Bale on a 2 year contract and he was constantly injured, barely played, was the elephant in every changing room undermining the manager, soaked away a large % of the squad budget and slowly turned from hero and icon into an expensive liability.

Of course he could have been gold dust - inspiring and leading by example, selecting his games but providing regular match winning moments, raising the profile of the club and bringing in massive amounts of additional revenue to offset his salary.

Now we just need the news that Rambo is off to Turkey!

No but his agent and Bale's non denial fanned the flames.
    If it somehow transpires that a move to City was never under consideration, I'd agree that he should have said so. However, I've believed all along that it was a genuine possibility - although no more than that. And I've no doubt there would have been other genuine possibilities that we never even got to hear about.

If he could just log on here and apologise to us all. I'm sure that i could draw a line under the whole saga.

If it somehow transpires that a move to City was never under consideration, I'd agree that he should have said so. However, I've believed all along that it was a genuine possibility - although no more than that. And I've no doubt there would have been other genuine possibilities that we never even got to hear about.
    Yes, and to be clear, if we were a genuine possibility, that's fine and he's made his choice.

To Scott Johnson has stuffed it?

I hope he doesn't get abuse over it, he was obviously told something, but I don't trust our Twitter fans to be too civil on this one

I hope he doesn't get abuse over it, he was obviously told something, but I don't trust our Twitter fans to be too civil on this one
    I mean, he's trying to set up something on his own and has split from VFTN, so this is spectacularly bad timing on his part. I'd love to know what he was told and by who.

Bollocks to him. His post was a 'look at me, I'm in the know' bit of attention-seeking.

He'll get some attention now I should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If he could just log on here and apologise to us all. I'm sure that i could draw a line under the whole saga.

I mean, he's trying to set up something on his own and has split from VFTN, so this is spectacularly bad timing on his part. I'd love to know what he was told and by who.
    I imagine he was told it was close to happening, I really doubt what that Romano said is at all true, he's just regurgitating other reports, he definitely wouldn't know more than the likes of Abbandonato who are actually there talking to people. There were enough different people who would have sources at the club saying the same thing to suggest it was close to happening at some point. There were also enough people not connected with the club who were publicly pushing for it to happen to suggest it may have been close as well.

Bollocks to him. His post was a 'look at me, I'm in the know' bit of attention-seeking.

Bit harsh, he's not the only one who's done that kind of post over the past few weeks

I imagine he was told it was close to happening, I really doubt what that Romano said is at all true, he's just regurgitating other reports, he definitely wouldn't know more than the likes of Abbandonato who are actually there talking to people. There were enough different people who would have sources at the club saying the same thing to suggest it was close to happening at some point. There were also enough people not connected with the club who were publicly pushing for it to happen to suggest it may have been close as well.
    Daf Pritchard saying FAW wanted him to stay closer, so perhaps that had some bearing on it. Oh well. He’s going to get some absolute hammer

Bit harsh, he's not the only one who's done that kind of post over the past few weeks
    I think the wording and everything just made it worse. It’s happening and leaving it at that, he knew exactly what he was doing

Indeed. But that's social media, isn't it? "Look at me, look at me! Follow me! I know what's going on!"

He's made himself look a right tit. That's the risk he took posting the rubbish he did. If he gets some stick for it, so be it. It's well-deserved.

Along with the 100% Bale wants to sign for us garbage.😂

Puts Craig Bellamy in a bit more perspective...loads of haters on here but at least he finished his career hereand tried to help this albatross of a football club.

Daf Pritchard saying FAW wanted him to stay closer, so perhaps that had some bearing on it. Oh well. He’s going to get some absolute hammer
    Couldn't have gone much further away from Cardiff could he?

A quick loan move to Melbourne to really piss off the FAW?