Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
That’s not in the least bit surprising. There are those who seem to genuinely believe that Bale will play for City either for free or for next to nothing by his standards. I think they’re deluded.

Tan and his minions have been steadily cutting costs during the last couple of years and given the money that was wasted previously, that’s understandable. I don’t believe for a second that he’s suddenly going to change course and throw money at Gareth Bale, especially considering the way the rest of the squad is shaping up.

Any deal to bring Bale here was guaranteed to be complicated. That should be obvious to everyone.
But we do know Tan's in it for prestige, Gareth Bale is exactly the kind of signing that would see him change course and throw money around

We know he likes the idea of Wales playing at his stadium, hence the nominal fee we charge the FAW. Wales' greatest player and bona fide superstar is exactly the kind of thing that would appeal to Tan

I'd be amazed if it happens, but I can't imagine it would be the club's fault if it doesn't, they'll be doing everything they can.