+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

Well our leADeR says it's down to 30% so that's a wrap folks.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I think he'll sign to an MLS club on the condition he is then loaned to Cardiff until (their) next season
    As much as i'd LOVE to see him here if it's not a full season then i'd rather not do it at all
    Even if it was half a season I'd take it

Bigger crowds
    Maybe able to attract better players
    And if it meant we had a fully fit and firing Bale in the world cup I'd be happy if he signed for us and barely played tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Well our leADeR says it's down to 30% so that's a wrap folks.
    How would he know though, he’s a fan who resides in Spain or France isn’t he ?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I think he'll sign to an MLS club on the condition he is then loaned to Cardiff until (their) next season
    As much as i'd LOVE to see him here if it's not a full season then i'd rather not do it at all
    The Frank Lampard classic.

Personally, if he signed a contract for one game, did **** all in it, then took a shit on the goal line, I'd still agree to it. The idea of our country's greatest ever player in a City shirt is just too incredible to pass up.

As others have said, if he goes to a Prem team, then I'll be disappointed but I'd understand it. If he chooses to go to the MLS instead, though, that would be a head scratcher, given what he's previously said his motivations are.

[QUOTE=FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead;5313091]The Frank Lampard classic.

Personally, if he signed a contract for one game, did **** all in it, then took a shit on the goal line, I'd still agree to it. The idea of our country's greatest ever player in a City shirt is just too incredible to pass up.

I get that. And also the comment if he's fully fit for the world cup then i'd take that too.
    I just think the media circus that would surround a player coming for a few months, with the team changing drastically week to week, would be worth it and would be underwhelming unless its a season.
    I also don't see how it would attract other, better players, if he only comes on a short deal?

I'm pretty convinced he'll go to the MLS even though it makes no sense in footballing terms

Skybet now have Bale at 5/6 to sign for us. Any MLS evens.

Ramsey is 4/9 to sign for us.

Bookies think Ramsey is the more likely.

Lets face it nobody knows how talks are going.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm pretty convinced he'll go to the MLS even though it makes no sense in footballing terms
    Agreed but I'm naturally pessimistic because we're Cardiff fans and we can't have nice things

Cardiff Devils have offered him a free season ticket if he signs https://mobile.twitter.com/brian_bpa...31088733442050

Thinking about what the club could offer him other than a whopping salary, the Gareth Bale Stadium has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

Everybody's trying to get a piece of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

That’s from last night, before it came out talks may or may not have broken down

Kiss of death….talkSPORT

Being rumoured on Twitter he is going to MLS - must be for even more cash as if he needs it

Maybe he has just got used to living in a warm sunny climate, plenty of MLS clubs can offer the lifestyle he is used to.

As opposed to rainy South Wales with cold winter trips to Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Maybe he has just got used to living in a warm sunny climate, plenty of MLS clubs can offer the lifestyle he is used to.

As opposed to rainy South Wales with cold winter trips to Sunderland.
    that doesn't explain why the premiership and though lesser the championship is chocka with south european and south american players

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    that doesn't explain why the premiership and though lesser the championship is chocka with south european and south american players
    For money and to play/ work with some of the best player and coaches in the world and prove themselves. Bale is at the stage in his career where that they are not the most important factors, especially in a World Cup year.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I’d tend to agree sadly. I’d be gutted if he didn’t come now though.

I wouldn't go to America too many guns
    Not enough Clarks pies like or decent cups of tea

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’d tend to agree sadly. I’d be gutted if he didn’t come now though.
    I think he must be coming otherwise he would have dismissed it out of hand weeks back ,especially as he’s a Cardiff boy ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    For money and to play/ work with some of the best player and coaches in the world and prove themselves. Bale is at the stage in his career where that they are not the most important factors, especially in a World Cup year.
    well lets hope so...so the weather wasn't a factor for them as lbh nobody would come there

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think he must be coming otherwise he would have dismissed it out of hand weeks back ,especially as he’s a Cardiff boy ?
    Well he's definitely considering it but if the rumours are true, there are 100k reasons every week as to why he'd go to MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well he's definitely considering it but if the rumours are true, there are 100k reasons every week as to why he'd go to MLS.
    Perhaps, but I don’t think deals like this are done in a week ,whoever he signs for would have been finalised weeks ago. Transfers are long and protracted. If he wasn’t signing, why meet with Morison, there would be no point.

MLS transfer window is closed at the moment isn’t it?

MLS transfer window is closed at the moment isn’t it?
    opens 7th july.