+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

On sky sports news now. Oh well, I’m off out to get pissed and forget all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Very disappointing from Bale
    Why?

He owes us nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Now we move to Tyler Roberts.
    Many people of course see Bale as the poor man's Tyler Roberts

Bale could easily have said he wasnt interested in signing for us.

He never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Scott is going to get unfollowed if this is bollocks.
    He's made himself look a king-sized plum to be fair.

It all started going wrong when that “Cardiff bringing out the big guns” story broke about Dalman flying over from France to head negotiations.

Before anyone starts, I’m not being serious, I don’t see how the club can be blamed for him not coming here and for Bale to come here on the sort of wages we’d have paid him would have been a second Bellamy type gesture in a dozen years (we may just see another one this summer) when most clubs fans don’t see one of those in a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    If that's true, I can't help but feel we've been led down the garden path a little bit, and some people's sources are shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He's made himself look a king-sized plum to be fair.
    And then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bale could easily have said he wasnt interested in signing for us.

He never did.
    Perhaps he was interested to a degree and it was a genuine option, but in the end the prospect of playing in America simply appealed more to him and his family.

Did the player himself ever mention Cardiff City?

Scott Johnson should delete his twitter account. 🤡

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Sounds like we turned him down rather than the other way round.

Good move for all parties I think, warm weather training and games to get his fitness up.

He’d have improved us no doubt, but not by enough to make the plays offs.
    I'm not sure about the "we turned him down" bit but he will be better prepared for the WC than many playing in a hotter climate.

I suppose there may well have been some resistance to him signing for us, a distraction to what SM is trying to achieve with his new boys?

Anyway, I am disappointed he didn't come here of course but I wish him well.

Just don't do anything silly and get yourself fit for November!

If that's true, I can't help but feel we've been led down the garden path a little bit, and some people's sources are shocking.
    Not able to get close after LA played the cards maybe; but there were a number of conversations. Even involving the FAW.

Is what it is, wish it had been boxed off earlier. Glad team are going up to Scotland tomorrow now and can get on with pre-season. Only blessing is this didn't get any closer to our first game.

But what if there's a problem with his medical... not that I'd want him with us now. Bridges burnt.

Youd have to be a complete idiot to believe Bale not signing is our clubs fault.

All the speculation. Its Bales choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Youd have to be a complete idiot to believe Bale not signing is our clubs fault.

All the speculation. Its Bales choice.
    Unfortunately we have our fair share of idiots.

Nah I'd be amazed if that's true, local journalists will have known far more about the story

It's the press and especially the local press that blew this story out of all proportion.

There's every chance that Bale had numerous offers on the table - I said a couple of days ago it would surprise me if that wasn't the case given his abilities and his profile. But we've got no idea how good any of those offers were or how good City's offer was. The latter could have been laughable for all we know, but the club itself and the player are never going to say as much.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    But what if there's a problem with his medical... not that I'd want him with us now. Bridges burnt.
    Well I’d snap him up like a shot in those circumstances- there’s some very strange reactions to the news on here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps he was interested to a degree and it was a genuine option, but in the end the prospect of playing in America simply appealed more to him and his family.

Did the player himself ever mention Cardiff City?
    I dont believe hes ever mentioned CCFC.

MLS probably less competitive than the Championship lots more money no connection to us for Bale.

We move on

The suggestion is that he is not a designated player which means his salary would be no more than $1.6m per annum, which means no more than $30k a week.

I'm sure there will be other financial incentives but I'm sure in terms of salary we could've and would've matched it.

Where does this leave his future with Wales after the World Cup? Living in Los Angeles means a 12-hour flight back before every international window.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Where does this leave his future with Wales after the World Cup? Living in Los Angeles means a 12-hour flight back before every international window.
    That thought occurred to me - retirement from international football after the World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That thought occurred to me - retirement from international football after the World Cup?
    He's previously said he will play for Wales until he hangs his boots up.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    The suggestion is that he is not a designated player which means his salary would be no more than $1.6m per annum, which means no more than $30k a week.

I'm sure there will be other financial incentives but I'm sure in terms of salary we could've and would've matched it.
    Logic would indicate that makes his decision even more baffling. Live in permanent home in Wales, liaise regularly and easily with FAW physios, coaches in addition to managing his game time with more competitive matches - something we did with Bellamy.

I must admit, even though I've not taken any of this seriously, I do feel gutted. All feels a bit flat now tbh.