+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    MLS transfer window is closed at the moment isn’t it?
    It opens again on 7th July, but Bale will be a free agent at the end of the month, so does it matter either way?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It opens again on 7th July, but Bale will be a free agent at the end of the month, so does it matter either way?
    No. I was just wondering if we would hear what club he’ll be joining if he decides in the next few days to go to the MLS or whether we’ll just slip-off the short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    No. I was just wondering if we would hear what club he’ll be joining if he decides in the next few days to go to the MLS or whether we’ll just slip-off the short list.
    Nothing stopping MLS announcing his signing before he can technically join, like we did with Adams, O'Dowda etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Nothing stopping MLS announcing his signing before he can technically join, like we did with Adams, O'Dowda etc etc
    Yes, good point. Just typing aloud.

Wasnt bale on record a couple of seasons ago of wanting to move to china but madrid blocked it and he wqs disappointed?

Probably not relevant to anything now just a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Wasnt bale on record a couple of seasons ago of wanting to move to china but madrid blocked it and he wqs disappointed?

Probably not relevant to anything now just a memory.
    yeah some Chinese club were going to pay him a shit load of cash to go there, think it was all agreed but then Real decided they also wanted £20m transfer fee, so it all broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah some Chinese club were going to pay him a shit load of cash to go there, think it was all agreed but then Real decided they also wanted £20m transfer fee, so it all broke down
    Mainly because China had a 100% tax on transfer fees, so that 20m was 40m for Jiangsu

Could it be possible bale is just going to train at the training ground until he signs for someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He was in the hotel room with all the officials mere minutes from signing the deal before Real pulled the plug.

I'm confident the club have done everything they can (I would presume Tan is incredibly keen to make this happen; and rightly so!). My understanding is that the position remains unchanged from this morning and a decision will be made shortly, so I'm not sure what else others have heard but I trust what I've been told.

If it doesn't happen it'll be for a multitude of reasons but ultimately Bale will have the final say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It will be. I bought a season ticket for the first time in a decade a couple of months ago. The only way is down.
    Glad you have but do you mind me asking why the change of heart - not having a dig just curious

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Feck me I could play in the MLS
    There are few MLS teams that could make it in the Championship. Most of them are a decent League 1 standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Maybe he has just got used to living in a warm sunny climate, plenty of MLS clubs can offer the lifestyle he is used to.

As opposed to rainy South Wales with cold winter trips to Sunderland.
    It can't be very pleasant playing football in the US at the height of Summer. Especially in places like Florida or Texas. Even here, it could easily be 30C+ with 75% humidity at game time. Add to that, all the flying to games. NY Red Bulls are playing in LA this weekend. That's a six-hour flight. And the weather is going to be 30C. There won't be a cloud in the sky and the sun will be blazing down. It's so sunny there, all the road signs are faded. I'd rather live in LA, but I think I'd prefer to play a game of football in Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Other board saying an improved offer has been made.
    Tan stepping in?
    Well they’re in there with Bale’s agent and Dalman, they should know.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It can't be very pleasant playing football in the US at the height of Summer. Especially in places like Florida or Texas. Even here, it could easily be 30C+ with 75% humidity at game time. Add to that, all the flying to games. NY Red Bulls are playing in LA this weekend. That's a six-hour flight. And the weather is going to be 30C. There won't be a cloud in the sky and the sun will be blazing down. It's so sunny there, all the road signs are faded. I'd rather live in LA, but I think I'd prefer to play a game of football in Sunderland.
    I hope Bale reads this. As a person who lives there, you obviously know the reality.
    I felt tired and sweaty just reading your post.

Why would he join an MLS side 6 months into their season & with only 3 regular months left, defeats the objective of him playing up to the World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well they’re in there with Bale’s agent and Dalman, they should know.
    I find it hilarious that Sky don’t know, all other media outlets are playing guesswork , yet an unofficial message-board has its “sources”
    I think he’s coming personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Why would he join an MLS side 6 months into their season & with only 3 regular months left, defeats the objective of him playing up to the World Cup?
    Some yank would no doubt injure him also putting him out of the World Cup and game v the USA….

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There are few MLS teams that could make it in the Championship. Most of them are a decent League 1 standard.
    I was wondering what sort of level MLS is these days yesterday.
    Would be interesting to see some their teams play some EFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    One of the stats people I follow on twitter, who does work with a lot of big clubs, rated them as very close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I've watched Orlando play a couple of times and the standard was very much what I was used to, though I've seen an improvement each time in the level of quality. They used to have just a stand out player or two, with the rest being some way behind, but that's improved.

I don't mind the MLS. I generally watch what i can games wise through the summer for a "soccer" fix as tennis and cricket is just not my bag. The players seem very fit and good athletes which is what you'd expect as most of the teams are flooded with central/south american and caribbean players. Some decent individual skills on show and always a great goal but tactics wise (especially defensive) they are way behind europe. You can just see a comedy cock up happening at any moment.
    Bale would generally tear it up is my feeling as most europeans who go over there for a last payday generally do.
    The support is really big now from what i can see..
    But yeah probably on par with our League 1 standard wise - some teams could hold their own in the championship I feel but the attraction for the europeans is the american lifestyle for sure.

Can’t knock Bale either way. Whatever way people try and paint it effectively comes down to moving home and the benefits that brings for him and his family V moving abroad and the benefits that brings for him and his family.

Everything else is just noise and I think he will be in the same position now as he was a week ago in weighing that up. Abbandanato etc don’t really have much of a clue so just chuck out a couple of articles to cover a few bases etc of its all in the balance but if Bale hasn’t decided then no one will know. Just a waiting game really and can’t blame him whichever way he goes.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Can’t knock Bale either way. Whatever way people try and paint it effectively comes down to moving home and the benefits that brings for him and his family V moving abroad and the benefits that brings for him and his family.

Everything else is just noise and I think he will be in the same position now as he was a week ago in weighing that up. Abbandanato etc don’t really have much of a clue so just chuck out a couple of articles to cover a few bases etc of its all in the balance but if Bale hasn’t decided then no one will know. Just a waiting game really and can’t blame him whichever way he goes.
    Fine tuning on the deal, he wants to come home, become a Welsh and Cardiff City Legend and get as fit as possible to shine on the Worlds biggest stage, he would be crazy to move to the USA in his only World Cup year. Chill and just wait for it to be announced.

Slight change in Skybet odds overnight.

Cardiff 4/6
    MLS 11/8.

Some of the rubbish mentioned elsewhere is unbelievable.

All anyone knows is we are one of a few options and Bales hasnt made his mind up.