+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's happening....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It will be. I bought a season ticket for the first time in a decade a couple of months ago. The only way is down.
    I thought you said you would never give a penny of your hard earned money to the club whilst Tan was in charge

PS welcome home

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I thought you said you would never give a penny of your hard earned money to the club whilst Tan was in charge

PS welcome home
    Mrs Citizen says this kind of thing to me all the time! I just reply "I'm allowed to change my mind!"

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Mrs Citizen says this kind of thing to me all the time! I just reply "I'm allowed to change my mind!"

I think he'll sign to an MLS club on the condition he is then loaned to Cardiff until (their) next season
    As much as i'd LOVE to see him here if it's not a full season then i'd rather not do it at all

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I think he'll sign to an MLS club on the condition he is then loaned to Cardiff until (their) next season
    As much as i'd LOVE to see him here if it's not a full season then i'd rather not do it at all
    Even if it was half a season I'd take it

Bigger crowds
    Maybe able to attract better players
    And if it meant we had a fully fit and firing Bale in the world cup I'd be happy if he signed for us and barely played tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    The Frank Lampard classic.

Personally, if he signed a contract for one game, did **** all in it, then took a shit on the goal line, I'd still agree to it. The idea of our country's greatest ever player in a City shirt is just too incredible to pass up.

As others have said, if he goes to a Prem team, then I'll be disappointed but I'd understand it. If he chooses to go to the MLS instead, though, that would be a head scratcher, given what he's previously said his motivations are.

[QUOTE=FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead;5313091]The Frank Lampard classic.

Personally, if he signed a contract for one game, did **** all in it, then took a shit on the goal line, I'd still agree to it. The idea of our country's greatest ever player in a City shirt is just too incredible to pass up.

I get that. And also the comment if he's fully fit for the world cup then i'd take that too.
    I just think the media circus that would surround a player coming for a few months, with the team changing drastically week to week, would be worth it and would be underwhelming unless its a season.
    I also don't see how it would attract other, better players, if he only comes on a short deal?