+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allen back in full training.

Allen back in full training.

If he can get a good bit of time against Iran, we'll have him for at least part of the England match.

Think we need him to be honest.

Re: Allen back in full training.

Back in full training and being match fit are two different things, and I hope it's the latter as we can't afford to carry another player.

We shouldn't need an unfit and past his best Joe Allen to comfortably beat Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We shouldn't need an unfit and past his best Joe Allen to comfortably beat Iran.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Back in full training and being match fit are two different things, and I hope it's the latter as we can't afford to carry another player.
    He won't be match fit obviously, but he'll get valuable minutes ahead of the England game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    He won't be match fit obviously, but he'll get valuable minutes ahead of the England game.
    I'd be tempted to play with a back 4 and stick Davies in midfield against England.

Ward

Roberts - Mepham - Rodon - Williams

Ampadu - Davies

XXXXX - XXXXX -XXXXX

Moore

Ward

Ampadu - Davies

XXXXX - XXXXX -XXXXX

Moore
    Unfortunately, Mepham is an accident waiting to happen !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He's improved a lot this season, and England are going to murder us in midfield, so a double-pivot in front of a back 4 may help. I can't see Page changing from 3 at the back though.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Agree with that, never been impressed by Mepham.
    Let's just hope he does well and surprises us.

Ward

Ampadu - Davies

XXXXX - XXXXX -XXXXX

Moore
    My pick would be that back 4 to start but with Ramsey alongside Ampadu in the middle.
    Ramsey can spray the ball around brilliantly from deep. Diagonals, balls over the top, through balls...
    It allows us to play a forward three of Johnson, Bale and Wilson with Moore up top.
    Half hour to go, drop Ampadu into the back four and take Mepham off, and play Allen alongside Ramsey for half hour.

Agree with that, never been impressed by Mepham.
    Let's just hope he does well and surprises us.
    Have you seen him playing for Bournemouth this season? He looks like a different player.

I'd be tempted to play with a back 4 and stick Davies in midfield against England.
    For what reason?

Have you seen him playing for Bournemouth this season? He looks like a different player.
    No, but I see how he plays every time for Wales and he's a concern.

No, but I see how he plays every time for Wales and he's a concern.

He’s got this horrible habit, of once a player goes past him, he automatically reaches out to grab their shoulder.

As I say, a sending off, waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    For what reason?
    To create a barrier in front of our centre-backs. Davies is a full-back and he should be able to slot into that position. The game against England will be all about stopping them scoring, while hoping to sneak a goal on the break.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why?
    Because Iran are crap.

To create a barrier in front of our centre-backs. Davies is a full-back and he should be able to slot into that position. The game against England will be all about stopping them scoring, while hoping to sneak a goal on the break.
    I would rather go out and try to scare the shit out of them.
    We shouldn't have a negative attitude going into that game, we have players that can cause them serious problems.

Southgate will be wary of what we have, in the same way we're wary of what they have.

terrible idea

I would rather go out and try to scare the shit out of them.
    We shouldn't have a negative attitude going into that game, we have players that can cause them serious problems.

Southgate will be wary of what we have, in the same way we're wary of what they have.
    Unfortunately you can't do that with the front six players that they have

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    terrible idea
    What's your idea then Columbo? England are going to absolutely dominate us in midfield in we play Ampadu and A.N. Other in midfield again.

Why? They're totally different positions

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why? They're totally different positions
    To stop their players bursting through unopposed and causing havoc The only way we are going through is if we can restrict England's goal scoring opportunities.

Unfortunately you can't do that with the front six players that they have
    I would be very wary of Moore, Bale, Wilson, Johnson, Ramsey etc.
    You can't allow yourselves to be complacent against seemingly weaker teams, but you also HAVE to have confidence and self-belief against seemingly stronger teams.

This is tournament football, anything can happen as Iran and Japan have already shown. I'd like to see us fight, not bend over by playing full-backs in key defensive midfield roles.

I would be very wary of Moore, Bale, Wilson, Johnson, Ramsey etc.
    You can't allow yourselves to be complacent against seemingly weaker teams, but you also HAVE to have confidence and self-belief against seemingly stronger teams.

This is tournament football, anything can happen as Iran and Japan have already shown. I'd like to see us fight, not bend over by playing full-backs in key defensive midfield roles.
    We have an obvious weakness which England will be targeting, and a CDM double pivot still allows our full-backs to bomb forward.