+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think we can take it as read that the “it’s not all about money” line is true.
    Indeed, but what does that mean in reality? No club is going to pay Bale anything close to the money he was earning at Madrid, but you mentioned terms. I’m pretty certain none of us have any idea what sort of terms Bale and the club itself would deem as acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed, but what does that mean in reality? No club is going to pay Bale anything close to the money he was earning at Madrid, but you mentioned terms. I’m pretty certain none of us have any idea what sort of terms Bale and the club itself would deem as acceptable.
    Image rights , free parking , complementary programme ???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Anything less than a year would be a waste of time, in my opinion. Here’s hoping!
    This is the one bit that worries me. I'd love to see it happen, I think it would be the biggest thing for City's and Wales' profile in donkey's years (possibly ever) but ultimately ,if it happens, the terms will be whatever works best for Bale and that will be doing what he needs to keep fit for Wales. Would love to be wrong on that but can't help but think he'll be here more for shirt sales than performances unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Image rights , free parking , complementary programme ???????????
    Free Bovril at 1/2 time ? ? ? or is that pushing the boat out a little bit too much

Bale's agent says the Cardiff deal is "highly complicated, it's not the usual straight salary"

Sounds to me like his agent's stalling, hoping for a better offer from elsewhere. Gotta get that last fat Bale cheque.

Just give him a percentage of the shirts and get on with it mun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bale's agent says the Cardiff deal is "highly complicated, it's not the usual straight salary"
    Whoever at the FA looks after the financial fair play rules will have just pricked their ears up after hearing this

Certain amount of games pre World Cup I’m sure….

Sounds to me like his agent's stalling, hoping for a better offer from elsewhere. Gotta get that last fat Bale cheque.

I find it odd that his agent is giving Wales Online the time of day tbh.

It'll have an agenda. Either a) he's trying to dampen expectations so if this doesn't happen Bale doesn't look like the bad guy or b) he's trying to paint the picture that he's had loads of offers and could go anywhere he wants but he has chosen Cardiff.

Let's hope it's b!

Football agent overcomplicates their parasitic job in shock front-page story!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Free Bovril at 1/2 time ? ? ? or is that pushing the boat out a little bit too much
    Plus use of the swivel chair....and take it home at weekends?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_72jEeaC_gE

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Plus use of the swivel chair....and take it home at weekends?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_72jEeaC_gE
    "3 or 4 times" gets me every time

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    "3 or 4 times" gets me every time
    ...."she's only 8"!! Wouldn't make it onto the screen these days.

That’s not in the least bit surprising. There are those who seem to genuinely believe that Bale will play for City either for free or for next to nothing by his standards. I think they’re deluded.

Tan and his minions have been steadily cutting costs during the last couple of years and given the money that was wasted previously, that’s understandable. I don’t believe for a second that he’s suddenly going to change course and throw money at Gareth Bale, especially considering the way the rest of the squad is shaping up.

Any deal to bring Bale here was guaranteed to be complicated. That should be obvious to everyone.

That’s not in the least bit surprising. There are those who seem to genuinely believe that Bale will play for City either for free or for next to nothing by his standards. I think they’re deluded.

Tans and his minions have been steadily cutting costs during the last couple of years and given the money that was wasted previously, that’s understandable. I don’t believe for a second that he’s suddenly going to change course and throw money at Gareth Bale, especially considering the way the rest of the squad is shaping up.

Any deal to bring Bale here was guaranteed to be complicated. That should be obvious to everyone.
    Potential of Bale being paid in shares at a inflated club valuation?

Is that even possible

Would tie the rumour of Bale consortium takeover although anyone buying a club in this climate must be off their heads

I’d be very surprised if he hasn’t already had better offers from elsewhere.

Putting the blame on the agent is naive to say the least. If Bale wanted to play for City and was already 100% committed to the idea, he’d have said so by now. But he hasn’t.

Tan and his minions have been steadily cutting costs during the last couple of years and given the money that was wasted previously, that’s understandable. I don’t believe for a second that he’s suddenly going to change course and throw money at Gareth Bale, especially considering the way the rest of the squad is shaping up.

But we do know Tan's in it for prestige, Gareth Bale is exactly the kind of signing that would see him change course and throw money around

We know he likes the idea of Wales playing at his stadium, hence the nominal fee we charge the FAW. Wales' greatest player and bona fide superstar is exactly the kind of thing that would appeal to Tan

I'd be amazed if it happens, but I can't imagine it would be the club's fault if it doesn't, they'll be doing everything they can.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    But we do know Tan's in it for prestige, Gareth Bale is exactly the kind of signing that would see him change course and throw money around

We know he likes the idea of Wales playing at his stadium, hence the nominal fee we charge the FAW. Wales' greatest player and bona fide superstar is exactly the kind of thing that would appeal to Tan

I'd be amazed if it happens, but I can't imagine it would be the club's fault if it doesn't, they'll be doing everything they can.
    this could reignited VT's enjoyment for the club, we might even see him attend a odd game again

its all about Image and it'll look good for VT signing Bale

I’d be very surprised if he hasn’t already had better offers from elsewhere.

Putting the blame on the agent is naive to say the least. If Bale wanted to play for City and was already 100% committed to the idea, he’d have said so by now. But he hasn’t.
    I mean better offers than the ones he already has.

If Man Utd were to come in for him now, offering a silly wage, I think us and DC United might be in trouble.

If he came to MLS as a "designated player" (ie outside of the salary cap) he could make anything from $2M to over $7M a season. I have no doubt he's already received more lucrative offers than any deal we could give him. Let's face it, he won't be coming to Cardiff for performance bonuses. I think any deal will hinge more around his physical and mental well-being than his pay check.

The one thing that this shows to me judging by the amount of whatsap messages and calls I've had over the last few days, is the amount of genuine excitement and rekindled interest in the City this potential signing has demonstrated.
    Let's hope it comes off, as the draw of watching Bale +1 in a City shirt on the opening day of the season will be immense 🤞🤞🤞

I’ve seen a couple Tweets saying that Bale would be getting £25,000 a week plus image rights. I don’t know if that’s true, but, if it was, it’d be more than double the figure that has been rumoured to be the maximum City would be paying this summer. Therefore, I think it’s reasonable to deduce that a figure of 25,000 a week for any player who we sign this summer, is at the very high end of what we’re capable of paying, yet if Bale was in it for the money, he could, surely, do much better than that now?

City are only in a position to be in the running to get Bale because he is willing to reduce his demands - I don’t think he would be doing that with other Championship clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    The one thing that this shows to me judging by the amount of whatsap messages and calls I've had over the last few days, is the amount of genuine excitement and rekindled interest in the City this potential signing has demonstrated.
    Let's hope it comes off, as the draw of watching Bale +1 in a City shirt on the opening day of the season will be immense ������
    I know I for one, haven't been able to get anything done because I'm just refreshing CCMB and Twitter non-stop this week.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cannot see why MLS is a good idea if he wants to get fit for the World Cup. The regular season ends at the start of October. Is the Championship better prep? Probably but I’d say a PL club would be his best bet. If he wants to go to USA, I’d stay in Europe and move post WC. Wonder if that’s what he does…