+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Couldn't have gone much further away from Cardiff could he?

A quick loan move to Melbourne to really piss off the FAW?
    Sign a loan deal with the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sign a loan deal with the moon
    But can he handle a rainy Wednesday night in Pluto?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bollocks to him. His post was a 'look at me, I'm in the know' bit of attention-seeking.

He'll get some attention now I should expect.

How is it his fault if people choose to believe what he says , it’s not as if he is a club employee. He was advised by somebody and he has decided to post it.

Perhaps he was given false information by the club ( to weed out people giving tip offs to other unofficial sources ) but it was hardly to gain anything from it financially or otherwise , unlike some.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How is it his fault if people choose to believe what he says , it’s not as if he is a club employee. He was advised by somebody and he has decided to post it.

Perhaps he was given false information by the club ( to weed out people giving tip offs to other unofficial sources ) but it was hardly to gain anything from it financially or otherwise , unlike some.
    You ok Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Puts Craig Bellamy in a bit more perspective...loads of haters on here but at least he finished his career hereand tried to help this albatross of a football club.
    fair play he did, nice end to his career

Huh ? FFS I don’t even know who he is ?

It’s not the boards fault he hasn’t signed and they’d not have deserved much credit had he signed. It was always going to be bale’s decision based on very little else.

I would say though that had we been riding high in the champ and he’d had the carrot of being the final piece of the jigsaw to get his hometown club promoted it may have been more of a temptation? But years of mis management meant that wasn’t possible as he would’ve been joining a side in the middle of a complete transition and training/playing with far from household names.

It’s why I’ve never really got too excited about it, think he’d have been the difference between finishing 9th and 17th rather than suddenly making us promotion contenders

It’s not his fault if people believe the rubbish he writes, but he’s solely responsible for the rubbish he writes, and he wants people to read the rubbish he writes, so if he gets stick for misleading people then tough shit.

It’s not his fault if people believe the rubbish he writes, but he’s solely responsible for the rubbish he writes, and he wants people to read the rubbish he writes, so if he gets stick for misleading people then tough shit.
    Logic would indicate his tweet was aimed at showing he has contacts and is thus "ITK", going off the prevailing view amongst some it was a done deal.

Your post as spot on, and I'd also add to it by pointing out he'd want credit for his "exclusive" tweet if the deal went through.

At least in this thread we found out tlg has got a season ticket 👏.
    I admire you for your stance on the shirt issue.
    No facker wanted red and if it wasn't for the likes of people like yourself we could still be in that shite.
    I wish I could have had your conviction on the issue.
    Guffy already asked me if you can come on the train with us.
    As if it's up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    At least in this thread we found out tlg has got a season ticket ��.
    No facker wanted red and if it wasn't for the likes of people like yourself we could still be in that shite.
    As if it's up to me.
    I know Guff , good lad BTW

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    At least in this thread we found out tlg has got a season ticket 👏.
    As if it's up to me.
    Apparently he only bought it when he saw scott Johnson’s tweet- hence his anger at him now- he just went out and shelled thousands on season tickets as he thought bale was coming.

Please can somebody let Aaron Ramsey know that if he plays for us this season we'll give Chris Gunter a lifetime contract.

I know Guff , good lad BTW
    👍 one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Please can somebody let Aaron Ramsey know that if he plays for us this season we'll give Chris Gunter a lifetime contract.
    Has Gunts retired ? ? ? he's without a club isnt he

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Has Gunts retired ? ? ? he's without a club isnt he
    They're best mates. It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Daf Pritchard saying FAW wanted him to stay closer, so perhaps that had some bearing on it. Oh well. He’s going to get some absolute hammer
    I should imagine that Rob Page would have liked Bale to stay close. He's obviously the leader. He has the most experience. I really thought this whole thing was more about Wales and the World Cup. And now Bale will be over 5000 miles away with an 8-hour time difference. It makes communication more difficult. I have to say I'm very disappointed.

I don't think it's happening guys

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I should imagine that Rob Page would have liked Bale to stay close. He's obviously the leader. He has the most experience. I really thought this whole thing was more about Wales and the World Cup. And now Bale will be over 5000 miles away with an 8-hour time difference. It makes communication more difficult. I have to say I'm very disappointed.
    You don't understand. This isn't about money at all and is all about what is best for his world cup prep.

If he manages to spin it like that then he should go into politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't think it's happening guys
    What makes you say that? Are you ITK? I have Scott Johnson on speed dial

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Id say Rob Pages influence on Bales move is as close to zero as you can get.... nah its zeeo.

The odds have changed dramatically this morning. The MLS option is now 2/5 with SkyBet and as short as 2/9 with both Betfair and Paddy Power. However, City are still 4/6 favourites with Bet Victor.

If you had accounts Bet Victor and any of the other three you could make money either way. Provided, of course, he doesn't sign for someone else altogether.

So this did end up as an arb (arbitrage), where you are guaranteed to make a profit by backing both outcomes. As you say, at the time it wasn't as he could have gone somewhere else, but with City being 4/6 with BV, I'm guessing they'd have gone around 5/4 on the MLS, giving a nice little profit.

So, if as reported this deal is not taking a designated player spot, then the maximum salary Bale can be offered by LAFC under salary cap rules is around $12000 per month - is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So, if as reported this deal is not taking a designated player spot, then the maximum salary Bale can be offered by LAFC under salary cap rules is around $12000 per month - is that right?
    It's just over $600,000 per year, so about $12,000 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's just over $600,000 per year, so about $12,000 per week.
    Aye, I meant per week. Not an eye-watering amount in the football world.