+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

I really don’t think there’s any truth in the MLS stuff. First thing he did when he got a chance was come to the vale, whether it was a fitness check or to speak to Morison who knows, but I just feel he wants to be based around there.

MLS just doesn’t make sense to me. Long haul flights back and forth to where his family are? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I really don’t think there’s any truth in the MLS stuff. First thing he did when he got a chance was come to the vale, whether it was a fitness check or to speak to Morison who knows, but I just feel he wants to be based around there.

MLS just doesn’t make sense to me. Long haul flights back and forth to where his family are? Nah.
    He was off to China a few years ago.

LA Galaxy or China.?

I think its a straight choice between us and the MLS and hes undecided.

Maybe hes waiting to see if Ralls stays.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's not well known in the states at all, Zlatan has a far bigger profile
    And a far bigger ego.have you heard about his statue?

I think we may be missing the obvious here,we are currently on signing number 9, surely from a marketing point of view Bale is insisting on being unveiled as singing " 11 "

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What is the logic of the MLS? Let’s be optimistic & say he starts playing by the end of July, most MLS sides will have 6 games left and their regular season finishes on October 9th. Doesn’t that defeat the objective of what he’s trying to do?
    What is he trying to do?

Has he actually said?

Let’s be honest MLS is easy money. If it wasn’t for the WC it would be a no brainer

Maybe some are putting too much emphasis on the world cup, which for us may well possibly be just 3 matches.

He has been happy to be not match fit for the last 2 seasons.

I get the impression if he could be in his condition as he is now, partially match fit, injury free he would take that all day.

If DC United are the rumoured club, aren’t they the guys that own Swansea? If we have turned down Bale’s demands then is there the option of MLS until October then a move back to Swansea on loan afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    If DC United are the rumoured club, aren’t they the guys that own Swansea? If we have turned down Bale’s demands then is there the option of MLS until October then a move back to Swansea on loan afterwards?
    Please, don't make it any worse!

Skybet change again.

Mls 8/13
    City 5/4

Now odds against.

Wouldn't read too much into that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Skybet change again.

Mls 8/13
    City 5/4

Now odds against.

Wouldn't read too much into that yet.
    I understand that only a small bet can change the odds but the trend is worrying nonetheless.

What’s making me feel confident about him signing, is the way we’ve signed energetic mid-fielders, to win the ball back, then give it to Bale, who will hopefully find the killer pass foreword.

A bit like Nobby Stiles used to do for Man United & England. Win the ball and give it to Bobby Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I understand that only a small bet can change the odds but the trend is worrying nonetheless.
    Yeah small bets.

If anyone really had inside info that Bale 100% wants to come and its just the finances we would be well odds on.

It all suggests he hasnt decided.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Something I find a little strange, it's apparently a straight shoot out between us and a team in the MLS (DC United being the name consistently raised), however there is absolutely nothing in the American press even mentioning it as a possibility. There was talk about it a month or so ago, but then silence.

I had a look on a a DC United forum and nothing. In fact they appear to have signed a Chillean international attacker from someone in Turkey over past few days.

Of course it could be they dont want to bring attention to it; or its not DC United. It just strikes me as strange, he'd presumably be second behind Beckham in terms of a celebrity export going out there. I would just expect a whole lot of noise.
    And the noise I thought was missing from America seems to have started up a little overnight, which has also now reflected in the odds.

And the noise I thought was missing from America seems to have started up a little overnight, which has also now reflected in the odds.
    Just saw the odds on sky bet - we are now 7/4 against with any mls club odds on - just hope he puts us out of our misery soon so we can move on

DC United are currently second from bottom of the Eastern Conference. It won't be a very fun season. And they're not likely to make the playoffs. Which means the season will be over on October 9th. I'm sure they have good facilities, access to great medical care and the money will be significant. I'd rather stay in Cardiff though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    DC United are currently second from bottom of the Eastern Conference. It won't be a very fun season. And they're not likely to make the playoffs. Which means the season will be over on October 9th. I'm sure they have good facilities, access to great medical care and the money will be significant. I'd rather stay in Cardiff though.
    Then he goes to Swansea in October to continue his fitness??

He did say his next move would cause carnage but that was ages ago 😂😂

MLS now clear fav.

2/5

City 7/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Davpont View Post
    I think we may be missing the obvious here,we are currently on signing number 9, surely from a marketing point of view Bale is insisting on being unveiled as singing " 11 "
    The ‘singing 11’, I’d call that a choir

MLS now clear fav.
    The odds have changed dramatically this morning. The MLS option is now 2/5 with SkyBet and as short as 2/9 with both Betfair and Paddy Power. However, City are still 4/6 favourites with Bet Victor.

If you had accounts Bet Victor and any of the other three you could make money either way. Provided, of course, he doesn't sign for someone else altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The odds have changed dramatically this morning. The MLS option is now 2/5 with SkyBet and as short as 2/9 with both Betfair and Paddy Power. However, City are still 4/6 favourites with Bet Victor.

If you had accounts Bet Victor and any of the other three you could make money either way. Provided, of course, he doesn't sign for someone else altogether.

Yeah ive got accounts with all 3.

Wont be doing that with my luck hed end up at Swansea.😂

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    LAFC is where there's noise.

They posted a video yesterday evening with

https://twitter.com/LAFC/status/1540...3HCz2arew&s=08

LAFC is where there's noise.

They posted a video yesterday evening with

https://twitter.com/LAFC/status/1540...3HCz2arew&s=08
    Someone on the other site claimed this yesterday in fairness and source was someone close the family 🤔
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 25-06-22 at 11:39. Reason: Typo

Yeah ive got accounts with all 3.

Wont be doing that with my luck hed end up at Swansea.��
    The Ramsey odds amuse me. Still 4/9 to sign for City. Really?!?

I can't wait until this Galacticos circus is over - one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The Ramsey odds amuse me. Still 4/9 to sign for City. Really?!?
    Other than city fans, I can't see there being much interest or volume in the betting.