+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lithuania Next?

Lithuania Next?

Re: Lithuania Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Lithuania is a member of NATO and Russia has enough on its plate in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They don't call it the breadbasket of the world for nothing.

trouble is will that bother him ? ? ?, the world has watched on as he destroys parts of the Ukraine ( I know we have supplied equipment to help the Ukrainians, but they needed much more ) " he has nukes dont you know " was the cry while we raised Ukrainian flags

Surely he's not daft enough to attack a Nato country?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    trouble is will that bother him ? ? ?, the world has watched on as he destroys parts of the Ukraine ( I know we have supplied equipment to help the Ukrainians, but they needed much more ) " he has nukes dont you know " was the cry while we raised Ukrainian flags
    The world hasn't just watched on. You've acknowledged that we (those that value democracy) have supplied equipment.
    Ukraine are getting powerful kit, we have to stop short of sending in our jets and foot soldiers for obvious reasons.
    Putin and his cronies act like they are the only ones who possess nuclear weapons.
    Russia could never launch a nuclear attack on a small island such as the UK. We have an 'always at sea' nuclear armed submarine, that at the very least would turn Moscow to dust. That's a price that the Kremlin wouldn't be prepared to pay.

[QUOTE=Rock_Flock_of_Five;5312306]The world hasn't just watched on. You've acknowledged that we (those that value democracy) have supplied equipment.
    Ukraine are getting powerful kit, we have to stop short of sending in our jets and foot soldiers for obvious reasons.
    Putin and his cronies act like they are the only ones who possess nuclear weapons.
    Russia could never launch a nuclear attack on a small island such as the UK. We have an 'always at sea' nuclear armed submarine, that at the very least would turn Moscow to dust. That's a price that the Kremlin wouldn't be prepared to pay.[/

Ukraine the beacon of Democracy!! They just made the party that got 45% of the vote illegal and stole all their assets

An attack on one NATO country is an attack on all NATO countries. It’s in the constitution, so if 💩tin is really that stupid, then we’ll have a Third World War on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    An attack on one NATO country is an attack on all NATO countries. It’s in the constitution, so if ��tin is really that stupid, then we’ll have a Third World War on our hands.
    Like THC said, they attack Lithuania, they'll invoke Article 5, which will mean Russia is at war with all of NATO. Is Putin that mad?

Ukraine the beacon of Democracy!! They just made the party that got 45% of the vote illegal and stole all their assets[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you got that from? They banned a pro Russian party (Opposition Platform—For Life), that got 13.05% of the vote in the 2019 Parliamentary elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Ukraine the beacon of Democracy!! They just made the party that got 45% of the vote illegal and stole all their assets
    I don't know where you got that from? They banned a pro Russian party (Opposition Platform—For Life), that got 13.05% of the vote in the 2019 Parliamentary elections.[/QUOTE]

https://www.leftvoice.org/president-...es-in-ukraine/

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Surely he's not daft enough to attack a Nato country?
    If he is that daft there's always the possibility that his generals (or what's left of them) don't comply.

https://www.leftvoice.org/president-...es-in-ukraine/[/QUOTE]

Where did you get "45% of the vote" from?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The world hasn't just watched on. You've acknowledged that we (those that value democracy) have supplied equipment.
    Russia could never launch a nuclear attack on a small island such as the UK. We have an 'always at sea' nuclear armed submarine, that at the very least would turn Moscow to dust. That's a price that the Kremlin wouldn't be prepared to pay.
    we (those that value democracy, I like that saying ) have supplied arms, we have promised heavy units and delivered very little of them as yet, Zelensky has said for weeks they need more, they have been crying out for more heavy ammunition as they are almost out, the Russian artillery outnumber the Ukrainians by 15 - 1 ( some say 20 - 1 ) , the west have supplied under 10% of the Ukrainian artillery , Ben Wallace said we would send the M270 MLRS at the start of June ( we currently have 40 - 50 available to use, with another few coming online soon ) now I am not saying send them all, but we need to make good on the promise, I even saw one in the last few weeks driving over Salisbury plains

I said from the start, we need to go all in, if we are going to supply, lets go big

If he is that daft there's always the possibility that his generals (or what's left of them) don't comply.
    Maybe the strangely subdued Russian people might finally rise up?

I tried to get a visa to visit Kaliningrad last year but post Brexit and without an EU passport it’s almost impossible. More so now.
    My Polish colleagues who have been there say it’s like the land that time forgot, I.e. pre Berlin wall collapse. Simply a Baltic port for the Russians with zero investment or development for the last 70-80 years

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe the strangely subdued Russian people might finally rise up?
    I wouldn't describe the Russian people as 'strangely subdued'. Apart from those who are indoctrinated by their media (to the point of disbelieving their Ukranian-based relatives as to what is happening), imprisonment can follow for those engaging in the simple act of holding up a blank piece of paper in public - and the Russian state is not averse to poisoning its major opponents.

It won't happen. Russia has already lost the strategic war, and the best it can hope for is Ukraine suing for peace, allowing the Russians to hold on to the Donbass. This won't happen though.

Russia are struggling against the Ukrainians, they'd have their arses handed to them attacking Lithuanian, with NATO opening fronts from Norway all the way down to Turkey. Poland and Romania are itching to go. Without wanting to engage in hyperbole, it would be over in days, with carrier strike groups operating with impunity from the Baltic and Black Seas guaranteeing air supremacy, and land weaponry the Russians cannot match.

Putin is dying, but he's no Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    It won't happen. Russia has already lost the strategic war, and the best it can hope for is Ukraine suing for peace, allowing the Russians to hold on to the Donbass. This won't happen though.

Russia are struggling against the Ukrainians, they'd have their arses handed to them attacking Lithuanian, with NATO opening fronts from Norway all the way down to Turkey. Poland and Romania are itching to go. Without wanting to engage in hyperbole, it would be over in days, with carrier strike groups operating with impunity from the Baltic and Black Seas guaranteeing air supremacy, and land weaponry the Russians cannot match.

maybe the chinese will get on board.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    maybe the chinese will get on board.
    The Chinese are not even a threat in the South China Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Like THC said, they attack Lithuania, they'll invoke Article 5, which will mean Russia is at war with all of NATO. Is Putin that mad?
    Has NATO got the balls to react quickly or will they have to have months of summits and votes

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    The Chinese are not even a threat in the South China Sea
    Didn't stop them in Rumney

https://www.bigreddirectory.com/sout...cardiff-rumney (South China Takeaway, Cardiff, Rumney

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Has NATO got the balls to react quickly or will they have to have months of summits and votes
    Turkey will veto any decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Turkey will veto any decision.
    I don't think a member can veto Article 5. Each member nation can decide how it wishes to respond. When the US invoked Article 5 following the September 11th attacks, all that had to be agreed was that the attacks were instigated from outside the US, to show that Article 5 could be invoked.