+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

I suspect Vaulks has had more offers than Ralls yet Ralls is acting as though he is far bigger than he is. The club needs to give Ralls a deadline to sign. I wish Vaulks every success at his new club; while things didn't work out too well for him at CCFC he might well prosper somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I suspect Vaulks has had more offers than Ralls yet Ralls is acting as though he is far bigger than he is. The club needs to give Ralls a deadline to sign. I wish Vaulks every success at his new club; while things didn't work out too well for him at CCFC he might well prosper somewhere else.
    This literally makes no sense, if he had so many offers why’s he signing for a league 1 club?

If Ralls is short of offers I’m sure he would have signed by now. He’s the one in a position of strength in this situation and best of luck to him. A players career is a short one.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This literally makes no sense, if he had so many offers why’s he signing for a league 1 club?

If Ralls is short of offers I’m sure he would have signed by now. He’s the one in a position of strength in this situation and best of luck to him. A players career is a short one.
    I haven't seen anything to suggest many other clubs are interested in Ralls but perhaps I'm wrong. However, there has been interest in Vaulks. Press reports suggest that Ralls is waiting to see how our squad is developing before signing. As I said I think Ralls is acting far bigger than he really is.

Maybe more offers but I’m sure at a lower level than Ralls will have had.

I’m guessing the club are still looking for options in midfield and if something better comes up they will withdraw it.

A good move for Vaulks, he wouldn’t be more than a sub here.

I suspect Vaulks has had more offers than Ralls.....
    It's a good job you're not a detective. You'd do an awful job.

Cardiff City want to keep Joe Ralls if they can. They didn't want to keep Will Vaulks, and there's a very good reason for that. It's because he's a poor player by Championship standards.

Vaulks certainly puts himself about, often recklessly, and he's capable of scoring the occasional spectacular goal from distance. However, far more often than not, he can't pass the ball five yards in a straight line and he lacks composure in every respect. He can't control himself, let alone the ball.

Decent guy by all accounts, and good luck to him. But a terrible player by comparison to most established Championship midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Cardiff City want to keep Joe Ralls if they can. They didn't want to keep Will Vaulks, and there's a very good reason for that. It's because he's a poor player by Championship standards.

Vaulks certainly puts himself about, often recklessly, and he's capable of scoring the occasional spectacular goal from distance. However, far more often than not, he can't pass the ball five yards in a straight line and he lacks composure in every respect. He can't control himself, let alone the ball.

Decent guy by all accounts, and good luck to him. But a terrible player by comparison to most established Championship midfielders.
    Cardiff City want to keep Ralls but that doesn't stop other clubs coming in for him. Presumably you know about the other offers he has received. I don't. As both are free agents their situations are not that different as both are free to go to whoever will have them on terms acceptable to both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I wouldn't say a terrible player compared to most championship midfielders. I wouldn't go as far as to say "good" at this level though. He had his moments for us.

I agree that league one is probably his level now, and think he will do there now

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't say a terrible player compared to most championship midfielders. I wouldn't go as far as to say "good" at this level though. He had his moments for us.

I agree that league one is probably his level now, and think he will do there now
    Can’t disagree with any of that. Fine to have on the bench as an option when the games a bit stale but just lacking in to many areas.

Harsh on Vaulks but that’s the nature of it. Hope he does well at Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harsh on Vaulks but that’s the nature of it. Hope he does well at Wednesday
    I hope that Ralls can hold out for as long as possible and gets the best deal possible for him and his family, wherever he ends up. He owes us nothing.

I always felt Vaulks put the interests of the team above anything else. When he was on the bench he was the first on the pitch after the end of a game to congratulate his team mates (assuming we got a good result, of course)
    No one could ever fault his commitment, perhaps at times that commitment was in danger of boiling over - but he definitely cared.

His off-field work in the community is well-documented

Good luck, Will!

All the best Will.

A mixed bag as a Championship footballer, but pure gold as a human being.

He has some deep roots around Rotherham (especially with some of the charity work) and a move to Sheffield makes sense.

Strange post.

Vaulks was released. Ended up in L1 which is his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Strange post.

Vaulks was released. Ended up in L1 which is his level.
    Both Ralls and Vaulks are in the same position - been released and are free agents. I agree Vaulks is a League 1 level player and I hope, and probably think, he will do really well at that level.

Does this mean that Vaulks didn't get any offers from Championship clubs? I would have thought the promoted teams might be interested in signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Does this mean that Vaulks didn't get any offers from Championship clubs? I would have thought the promoted teams might be interested in signing him.
    Paper talk was that QPR and Stoke were 'interested' in Vaulks.

Whether that was all nonsense, or it was just an initial enquiry with his agent that went nowhere, or possibly something firmer that he didn't fancy (maybe squad player on the new realistic salary, with little chance of playing) who knows.

Our connections with Sheffield Wednesday are growing. Off the top of my head in recent times there has been Glenn Louvens, Stephen Bywater, Roger Johnson, Darren Purse, Dave Jones, Joe Bennett, Seyi Olofinjana, Stephen McPhail, Steven 'Bargain' McClean, Calum Paterson, Aden Flint, Kadeem Harris, Nathaniel Mendez-Liang and Jay Bothroyd. Sure there are more.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    All the best Will, always a yellow card waiting to happen, decent bloke and now able to reform his Olympic standard gymnastic duet with Callum Paterson

Rotherham probably. Despite being in L1 Sheffield Weds a far bigger club and probably can pay better wages than a smaller Championship club like Rotherham.

Good move for Will.

Will Vaulks will be an effective midfielder in League One. That's all that can be said.

Rotherham probably. Despite being in L1 Sheffield Weds a far bigger club and probably can pay better wages than a smaller Championship club like Rotherham.

Good move for Will.
    I think so too.

Good move for Will.
    League 1 and 2 clubs have a pay cap they can’t pay silly wages regardless of size of the club.

League 1 and 2 clubs have a pay cap they can’t pay silly wages regardless of size of the club.
    I think the cap is still £2.5m which is very high

https://footballleaguefc.com/league-...-need-to-know/

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think the cap is still £2.5m which is very high

https://footballleaguefc.com/league-...-need-to-know/
    2.5m total not per player. 48k a week. Not a huge amount for a squad of 20+ players.

2.5m total not per player. 48k a week. Not a huge amount for a squad of 20+ players.
    That makes much more sense.