+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Preseason friendlies

2022 Preseason friendlies

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/pre-season-2022-first-team-friendly-schedule
    Last edited by Undercoverinwurzelland; 30-05-22 at 12:05. Reason: Incomplete

Pre season.

Saturday 9th July vs. Cambridge United (Cardiff International Sports Stadium, 1pm)
    Tuesday 12th July vs. Newport County (Cardiff International Sports Stadium, 6.30pm) *
    Saturday 16th July vs. Cheltenham Town (The Jonny-Rocks Stadium, 3pm)
    Tuesday 19th July vs. Shrewsbury Town (Montgomery Waters Meadow, 7pm)
    Saturday 23rd July vs. Swindon Town (County Ground, 3pm)

Re: Preseason friendlies

Bit dull but can understand why they haven't booked a swanky European tour, especially with all that queuing at airports.

Taking coaches to both the Saturday away games

Perhaps the Tuesday one as well depending on feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Bit dull but can understand why they haven't booked a swanky European tour, especially with all that queuing at airports.
    yeah not the most inspiring, but that's not what they're there for

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah not the most inspiring, but that's not what they're there for
    They used to be for the manager to top up his tan (Dave Jones) or to sleep in his own bed (Warnock) so another sign of progress.

Edit: Though there have been some nice trips in pre-season.

Probably get more from this than the “big” home game we usually get a few thousand for.

Hope I can get my money back from the hotel I’ve booked in Taff’s Well

Re: 2022 Preseason friendlies

I would have liked a trip away to FGR on a lovely summer's evening.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hope I can get my money back from the hotel I’ve booked in Taff’s Well
    It's criminal how we have stopped going there pre season and single handily destroyed that communities economy and GDP.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I would have liked a trip away to FGR on a lovely summer's evening.
    we have a plan to go and watch. FGR game, Vegan food drew me in random reason I know, but the report are they serve decent vegan grub

Swindon is always a good away day

Cheltenham could be good. Get the train there, short walk to Deya Brewery for a couple of pints, walk in to town, pause for a few more pints then another walk to the ground. Might need a bus or taxi back to the station. It's about two miles. And if the timing with the trains works back to Deya for a few more beers before sleeping on the train back to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's criminal how we have stopped going there pre season and single handily destroyed that communities economy and GDP.
    Taffs Well has a decidedly Third World feel about it these days. But does Vinnie care? The infrastructure is crumbling, utter desolation all around. It was once the jewel in Rhondda Cynon Taff's crown, but alas not any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Taffs Well has a decidedly Third World feel about it these days. But does Vinnie care? The infrastructure is crumbling, utter desolation all around. It was once the jewel in Rhondda Cynon Taff's crown, but alas not any longer.
    nonsense, they're building a slightly bigger co-op on the carpark next to the co-op, and then knocking down the old co op and turning it into a car park for some reason.

taffs well has never seen such investment

They used to be for the manager to top up his tan (Dave Jones) or to sleep in his own bed (Warnock) so another sign of progress.

Edit: Though there have been some nice trips in pre-season.
    MM (Mk. 1) had the right idea - cheap flights and facilities of UEFA HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    MM (Mk. 1) had the right idea - cheap flights and facilities of UEFA HQ.
    That’s Mike Morris for you,

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/pre-season-2022-first-team-friendly-schedule
    Liking the look of Swindon & Cheltenham

Swindon is a definite goer, £25 each

Still need some more bookings for Cheltenham & Shrewsbury to make them viable, £25 each trip

07976574343 to book or for more information

I should have thought playing at least one team at a higher level would be a good idea. In theory none of these clubs should provide the standard of opposition required to be ideal preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I should have thought playing at least one team at a higher level would be a good idea. In theory none of these clubs should provide the standard of opposition required to be ideal preparation.

Once again, the playing of PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY’S, goes over a fans head

Do you think if we played Real Madrid, they would go hell for leather at us. They’re friendly’s for Christ’s sake

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Do you think if we played Real Madrid, they would go hell for leather at us. They’re friendly’s for Christ’s sake
    The final pre season game is usually quite competitive as a precursor for the 1st game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

What a ridiculous response. Surely at least one competitive game would be useful. In the past we have played at least one competitive pre season friendly.

Real Betis was the last pre-season friendly that I had any interest in (though I did nearly get into a fight with a guy who was vaping in my face for most of the first half!) I think we're pretty sh*t at organising pre-seasons and this latest lot I'll give a miss.