+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

Re: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

I suspect Vaulks has had more offers than Ralls yet Ralls is acting as though he is far bigger than he is. The club needs to give Ralls a deadline to sign. I wish Vaulks every success at his new club; while things didn't work out too well for him at CCFC he might well prosper somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I suspect Vaulks has had more offers than Ralls yet Ralls is acting as though he is far bigger than he is. The club needs to give Ralls a deadline to sign. I wish Vaulks every success at his new club; while things didn't work out too well for him at CCFC he might well prosper somewhere else.
    This literally makes no sense, if he had so many offers why’s he signing for a league 1 club?

If Ralls is short of offers I’m sure he would have signed by now. He’s the one in a position of strength in this situation and best of luck to him. A players career is a short one.

Maybe more offers but I’m sure at a lower level than Ralls will have had.

I’m guessing the club are still looking for options in midfield and if something better comes up they will withdraw it.

A good move for Vaulks, he wouldn’t be more than a sub here.

I always felt Vaulks put the interests of the team above anything else. When he was on the bench he was the first on the pitch after the end of a game to congratulate his team mates (assuming we got a good result, of course)
    No one could ever fault his commitment, perhaps at times that commitment was in danger of boiling over - but he definitely cared.

His off-field work in the community is well-documented

Good luck, Will!

All the best Will.

A mixed bag as a Championship footballer, but pure gold as a human being.

He has some deep roots around Rotherham (especially with some of the charity work) and a move to Sheffield makes sense.

Strange post.

Vaulks was released. Ended up in L1 which is his level.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This literally makes no sense, if he had so many offers why’s he signing for a league 1 club?

If Ralls is short of offers I’m sure he would have signed by now. He’s the one in a position of strength in this situation and best of luck to him. A players career is a short one.
    I haven't seen anything to suggest many other clubs are interested in Ralls but perhaps I'm wrong. However, there has been interest in Vaulks. Press reports suggest that Ralls is waiting to see how our squad is developing before signing. As I said I think Ralls is acting far bigger than he really is.

Does this mean that Vaulks didn't get any offers from Championship clubs? I would have thought the promoted teams might be interested in signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    All the best Will, always a yellow card waiting to happen, decent bloke and now able to reform his Olympic standard gymnastic duet with Callum Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Does this mean that Vaulks didn't get any offers from Championship clubs? I would have thought the promoted teams might be interested in signing him.
    Rotherham probably. Despite being in L1 Sheffield Weds a far bigger club and probably can pay better wages than a smaller Championship club like Rotherham.

Good move for Will.

Will Vaulks will be an effective midfielder in League One. That's all that can be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rotherham probably. Despite being in L1 Sheffield Weds a far bigger club and probably can pay better wages than a smaller Championship club like Rotherham.

Good move for Will.
    I think so too.

Good move for Will.
    League 1 and 2 clubs have a pay cap they can’t pay silly wages regardless of size of the club.

I haven't seen anything to suggest many other clubs are interested in Ralls but perhaps I'm wrong. However, there has been interest in Vaulks. Press reports suggest that Ralls is waiting to see how our squad is developing before signing. As I said I think Ralls is acting far bigger than he really is.
    All speculation, mainly by Wales Online, mainly from the clubs point of view. Two sides to every story.

Paper talk was that QPR and Stoke were 'interested' in Vaulks.

Whether that was all nonsense, or it was just an initial enquiry with his agent that went nowhere, or possibly something firmer that he didn't fancy (maybe squad player on the new realistic salary, with little chance of playing) who knows.

Our connections with Sheffield Wednesday are growing. Off the top of my head in recent times there has been Glenn Louvens, Stephen Bywater, Roger Johnson, Darren Purse, Dave Jones, Joe Bennett, Seyi Olofinjana, Stephen McPhail, Steven 'Bargain' McClean, Calum Paterson, Aden Flint, Kadeem Harris, Nathaniel Mendez-Liang and Jay Bothroyd. Sure there are more.

League 1 and 2 clubs have a pay cap they can’t pay silly wages regardless of size of the club.
    I think the cap is still £2.5m which is very high

https://footballleaguefc.com/league-...-need-to-know/

Vaulks had a strange City career - he’d start each season very slowly, find his feet after about three months and cement his place in the team until he go off the boil again in the last few games. He was a mass of contradictions with the ability to hit some great defence splitting passes and then making a present of what should have been a simple pass to the opposition. His goals tended to be spectacular though with the ones against Blackburn, Brentford and Derby all being good enough to be included in a list of the best five we scored while he was here. Also, what was that sending off against Wycombe all about?

Best of luck to him at Sheffield Wednesday, he’s a top bloke and deserves the move to be a success.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Vaulks had a strange City career - he’d start each season very slowly, find his feet after about three months and cement his place in the team until he go off the boil again in the last few games. He was a mass of contradictions with the ability to hit some great defence splitting passes and then making a present of what should have been a simple pass to the opposition. His goals tended to be spectacular though with the ones against Blackburn, Brentford and Derby all being good enough to be included in a list of the best five we scored while he was here. Also, what was that sending off against Wycombe all about?

Best of luck to him at Sheffield Wednesday, he’s a top bloke and deserves the move to be a success.
    Agreed, I've met him twice he's happy and down to earth for a footballer, as a player always did his best and showed good commitment. Good luck to him I hope he does well and has a good end to his career

Strange post.

Vaulks was released. Ended up in L1 which is his level.
    Both Ralls and Vaulks are in the same position - been released and are free agents. I agree Vaulks is a League 1 level player and I hope, and probably think, he will do really well at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think the cap is still £2.5m which is very high

https://footballleaguefc.com/league-...-need-to-know/
    2.5m total not per player. 48k a week. Not a huge amount for a squad of 20+ players.

Both Ralls and Vaulks are in the same position - been released and are free agents. I agree Vaulks is a League 1 level player and I hope, and probably think, he will do really well at that level.
    Of course they are not in the same position.

Ralls has been offered a deal and is wanted by the club. He has a Championship contract on the table waiting to sign.

Vaulks was surplus to requirements.

Vaulks may have had more offers than Ralls but im pretty sure Ralls has the better offers.

Pretty pointless L1 clubs offering Ralls a deal when I doubt any can match what we have.

Didnt realise. I thought the pay cap had fallen through.

Brilliant news!!! I'm so pleased for him!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Exactly this. I always thought he might be better in a much further forward position. Despite his absolute love of a tackle and flying in, those brain farts and misplaced passes are less risky and he always had a shot in him an eye for the goal when advanced.

Thought he got a lot of undeserved stick on here at times in what was a very dysfunctional team.