+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

Re: Vaulks signs for Sheffield Wednesday

Useful player 👌

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I suspect Vaulks has had more offers than Ralls.....
    It's a good job you're not a detective. You'd do an awful job.

Cardiff City want to keep Joe Ralls if they can. They didn't want to keep Will Vaulks, and there's a very good reason for that. It's because he's a poor player by Championship standards.

Vaulks certainly puts himself about, often recklessly, and he's capable of scoring the occasional spectacular goal from distance. However, far more often than not, he can't pass the ball five yards in a straight line and he lacks composure in every respect. He can't control himself, let alone the ball.

Decent guy by all accounts, and good luck to him. But a terrible player by comparison to most established Championship midfielders.

Thought he lacked ability to perform at a consistent level , cared though in and out of the club, with passion. Good luck to the lad..

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think the cap is still £2.5m which is very high

https://footballleaguefc.com/league-...-need-to-know/
    Jesus! That's incredibly high. I can't imagine that any League 1 or 2 player has ever come close to earning that much. I'd be surprised if any Championship players were on that sort of wage.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    2.5m total not per player. 48k a week. Not a huge amount for a squad of 20+ players.
    That makes much more sense.

I wish him luck but he's not good enough for us. Truth be told he's the kind of player we should be improving upon, if we are to be one of the better teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I wish him luck but he's not good enough for us. Truth be told he's the kind of player we should be improving upon, if we are to be one of the better teams in the league.
    Yup, needed replacing if we are looking to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Cardiff City want to keep Joe Ralls if they can. They didn't want to keep Will Vaulks, and there's a very good reason for that. It's because he's a poor player by Championship standards.

Vaulks certainly puts himself about, often recklessly, and he's capable of scoring the occasional spectacular goal from distance. However, far more often than not, he can't pass the ball five yards in a straight line and he lacks composure in every respect. He can't control himself, let alone the ball.

Decent guy by all accounts, and good luck to him. But a terrible player by comparison to most established Championship midfielders.
    Cardiff City want to keep Ralls but that doesn't stop other clubs coming in for him. Presumably you know about the other offers he has received. I don't. As both are free agents their situations are not that different as both are free to go to whoever will have them on terms acceptable to both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I wouldn't say a terrible player compared to most championship midfielders. I wouldn't go as far as to say "good" at this level though. He had his moments for us.

I agree that league one is probably his level now, and think he will do there now

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't say a terrible player compared to most championship midfielders. I wouldn't go as far as to say "good" at this level though. He had his moments for us.

I agree that league one is probably his level now, and think he will do there now
    Can’t disagree with any of that. Fine to have on the bench as an option when the games a bit stale but just lacking in to many areas.

But even as a sub, you're never thinking "aw yeh good, Vaulks is coming on. That'll help."

Nice guy but on the pitch he just fouls people and shoots those one-in-a-million shots that don't go in nearly as much as he thinks they do.

But even as a sub, you're never thinking "aw yeh good, Vaulks is coming on. That'll help."

Nice guy but on the pitch he just fouls people and shoots those one-in-a-million shots that don't go in nearly as much as he thinks they do.
    I think sometimes he just added that energy however I’m sure there are better options available out there.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Vaulks had a strange City career - he’d start each season very slowly, find his feet after about three months and cement his place in the team until he go off the boil again in the last few games. He was a mass of contradictions with the ability to hit some great defence splitting passes and then making a present of what should have been a simple pass to the opposition. His goals tended to be spectacular though with the ones against Blackburn, Brentford and Derby all being good enough to be included in a list of the best five we scored while he was here. Also, what was that sending off against Wycombe all about?

Best of luck to him at Sheffield Wednesday, he’s a top bloke and deserves the move to be a success.
    With a kick-ass goal celebration too. I hope Wednesday fans get to see more of it than we did.

looks like he wasn't happy how things panned out

Vaulks on Cardiff: “To be told I would only play a certain amount of matches because they didn't want my contract to trigger was really a disappointing thing to go through,"

"I am disappointed at the way I was treated at the football club, I have to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    looks like he wasn't happy how things panned out

Vaulks on Cardiff: “To be told I would only play a certain amount of matches because they didn't want my contract to trigger was really a disappointing thing to go through,"

"I am disappointed at the way I was treated at the football club, I have to be honest.
    I can sympathise, and that does seem unfair, but then I remind myself of the number of times he tried to play a 1-2 with an advertising hoarding.

He's always had a victim mentality - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ks-qa-17549626 for more - but the truth is he's just not very good. He would have been ridiculed more if he wasn't Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I can sympathise, and that does seem unfair, but then I remind myself of the number of times he tried to play a 1-2 with an advertising hoarding.
    😂😂😂

Harsh on Vaulks but that’s the nature of it. Hope he does well at Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harsh on Vaulks but that’s the nature of it. Hope he does well at Wednesday
    I hope that Ralls can hold out for as long as possible and gets the best deal possible for him and his family, wherever he ends up. He owes us nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hope that Ralls can hold out for as long as possible and gets the best deal possible for him and his family, wherever he ends up. He owes us nothing.
    Im thinking hes got another club.

He's always had a victim mentality - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ks-qa-17549626 for more - but the truth is he's just not very good. He would have been ridiculed more if he wasn't Welsh.
    To state that Vaulkes isnt any very good is just not true. You only need to watch some of the goals he scored for us and some of the passes and assists he was involved in, to witness the ability he has. It is true that overall City probably didn't get the best out of him but for most games he played in he was the only midfielder putting any effort in. Playing alongside players like Bacuna and Pack must have been dispiriting for him with Bacuna letting players just run straight past him and Pack lacking any pace at all. I have no doubt that he will do well at Wednesday and that pretty soon he will be back in the Championship with them and probably embarrassing us on our own pitch, as is usual with returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    To state that Vaulkes isnt any very good is just not true. You only need to watch some of the goals he scored for us and some of the passes and assists he was involved in, to witness the ability he has. It is true that overall City probably didn't get the best out of him but for most games he played in he was the only midfielder putting any effort in. Playing alongside players like Bacuna and Pack must have been dispiriting for him with Bacuna letting players just run straight past him and Pack lacking any pace at all. I have no doubt that he will do well at Wednesday and that pretty soon he will be back in the Championship with them and probably embarrassing us on our own pitch, as is usual with returning players.
    Im sure Pack and Bacuna were dispirited by Vaulks inability to pass and control a football.

All 3 needed moving on.

If Vaulks returns to embarass us then we are heading to L1.

That type of thing happens all the time at football clubs, no problem with that.

Find his comments that he would’ve been in the World Cup squad if he wasn’t getting married a bit surprising. Would’ve thought he’d throw everything he can at getting in the squad

Think its bigging himself up to Sheff Weds fans.

Hes been released by us and not in the Welsh Squad for 1 reason. Not good enough.

Must have been frustrating but sounds like the club were just being honest with him. What was the shabby treatment? Did they flick him the V's every time the team was announced?