+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Train strikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Train strikes

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Talk about naive! Tomorrow, Labour need to get anything from 1,500 to 3,000 people who did not vote for them in 2019 in Wakefield to do so this time - do you really think that “organising” a national rail strike is a good way to do that? Maybe that’s why Labour are losing General Elections - they should organise a General Strike for the one in 2024
    If Labour think that having a rail strike now is so bad, why did 25 of its MP’s join in on the front row of the march supporting it ? I think that you are the naive one if you think Labour is doing anything but wringing their hands in glee at the prospect. They would actually have to talk about their own non existent policies otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If Labour think that having a rail strike now is so bad, why did 25 of its MP’s join in on the front row of the march supporting it ? I think that you are the naive one if you think Labour is doing anything but wringing their hands in glee at the prospect. They would actually have to talk about their own non existent policies otherwise.
    I suggest you look up the meaning of “wringing their hands”, you don’t do it in glee. You really don’t get it do you, why do you think Starmer is, first, telling the shadow cabinet not to join picket lines and, second, so reluctant to back the strike? It’s because the strikes are a subject that puts his party on the defensive, just like Partygate, the cost of living crisis and stacks of other things I could mention puts the Tories on the back foot.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It comes as no surprise that you have a slavish and sycophantic adherence to this Tory government as much as you do to the management of Cardiff City!

You are the perfect drone that the likes of Johnson, Rees Mogg, Patel, et al rely on. Lynton Crosby would love you, as I'm sure would Vincent Tan.

You seem incapable of any independent thought, a cap doffing worker bee obedient to your master.

Here's a tip. You can occasionally be critical of your political party, football team, boss, etc. In fact it's healthy to do so.