+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Train strikes

Re: Train strikes

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He will be very well briefed , its whether you will believe everything he says or how he delivers it and we interrupt it , id like to see him interviewed by someone who has a deeper knowledge of the industry and see how he performs , I bet you coudl get him riled up and lose the plot he looks like he enjoys bullying the weak ..

Some interesting reads should cheer some up https://www.union-news.co.uk/rmt-sus...boris-johnson/

https://www.union-news.co.uk/mick-ly...y-nec-members/

Think he has been looking for the right moment to strike https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-a-new-battle

https://find-and-update.company-info...0/appointments

Wonder if he had been in Corbyn's role he'd fair better
    Unless you are both very rich, this Tory government wouldn’t p@@@ on you if you were on fire.

If you think Bojo, Mogg et al. are on your side then you need your bloody bumps read.

BA workers vote to go on strike. https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1...KeJygsaOxePZ1Q

We are fighting back. Up the workers

Anglian Water is to pay a £92m dividend to its owners, a consortium of overseas investors. So far this year it has raised customer bills by £22 & been slapped with 3 fines over water pollution. The CEO & FO got a combined bonus of £2.2m on top of their base pay of £900k.

And

BT Group made £1.3bn profit. BT Group paid out £700m to shareholders. BT Group CEO paid £3.5m this year. BT Group have opened foodbanks at work because staff can’t get through the month on their own pay.

But those at the bottom, no pay rises, just suck it up. All this rubbish about wages fuelling inflation is a con.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's easy if you know all the answers they are only asking him simple questions about strikes and trade union rules and the Railways, ask him what to do about inflation he wouldn't have the first idea!

He might look calm on the outside, but look at the top of his right eye he's twitching like mad and it gets more twitchy when he gets angry or frustrated. He's good at answering the questions but it's easy as he knows the subject well, Stalmer can get asked anything, it's a completely different ball game.
    Agree with you in relation to the party leaders. But the likes of idiots like shapps. He's got the same brief as lynch, yet he sees smarm and lies as the way to win. Well I think people have seen through him. What's really surprised me is how much support there has been for the strikes. A lot of that support is because people can see one side lying through their teeth.

I voted no for these strikes, and I've cringed at some of the ultra left rmt stuff I've seen in the past. But to see the government trying to paint me and my colleagues as violent, selfish morons tells me a lot. If they are so desperate and foolish as to create a class war than they can f@cking well have one. But filth like Johnson and shapps need to be careful, because I think this is all about to bite them big time .

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Agree with you in relation to the party leaders. But the likes of idiots like shapps. He's got the same brief as lynch, yet he sees smarm and lies as the way to win. Well I think people have seen through him. What's really surprised me is how much support there has been for the strikes. A lot of that support is because people can see one side lying through their teeth.

I voted no for these strikes, and I've cringed at some of the ultra left rmt stuff I've seen in the past. But to see the government trying to paint me and my colleagues as violent, selfish morons tells me a lot. If they are so desperate and foolish as to create a class war than they can f@cking well have one. But filth like Johnson and shapps need to be careful, because I think this is all about to bite them big time .
    As I recall there were two polls recently, something like 10% win for oppose vs a 15-20% win for support. Only difference was that the latter specifically told people what the strike was about. Lynch has done a good job of explaining why they are striking and I think it has resonated with the general public.

Peter Oborne (the radical marxist har har) said in a video recently that British politics is oligarchical rather than democratic and described Boris as the billionaires bitch.

I'm not in the union where I work because it has done a shit job of sticking up for the working man/woman locally but if they grow a pair and strike I will be following suit.

Mick Lynch is a breath of fresh air. I'd love to see him let loose against Johnson; he'd wipe the floor with him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I watched that exchange between Mick Lynch and Piers Morgan about the Hood - surreal, cutting edge stuff, there was only one winner and it wasn’t Morgan.
    It was like something out of Brass Eye. I was half expecting a "breaking" news ticker to appear across the bottom of the screen; "RMT leader denies historic accusations of terrorist activities on Tracy Island."

Surely even a tosser like Piers Morgan should be aware of ridiculous that segment was.

Even his goading was cringeworthy. Repeatedly telling Lynch "you look irritated" when, if anything, he looked thoroughly bored.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    ther doesnt seem to be many on these picket lines
    Bit tricky to get to when there's a rail strike on 🙂

The start of the football season could be interesting. The chant of ‘F*ck The Tories’ was resonating loud and clear at the Poland game the other week. This Tory government is the most ‘Upper class twit’ bunch I’ve ever witnessed.

Rail firms paid shareholders £800m before asking workers to take wage cut
    CEOs of the six biggest train companies also took home a combined salary of more than £5m in 2020

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-strikes/page7