+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Train strikes

Re: Train strikes

The Tories are scum

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How would that help them get a pay rise?
    More likely to get them sacked.
    Not when every single driver did it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm amazed. I've been waiting for a thread about the train strikes for some time now but there is absolutely nothing.
    We have threads on here about just about everything from partygate to immigration to curry gate, Scottish independence, anything, even football occasionally, but regarding the train strikes...nothing!
    The silence is almost deafening!
    why is that? Shirly someone must have an opinion on it!
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...16#post5303916

I Feel for the passenger's this week, huge levels of disruption. The government have orchestrated this in my opinion. Refused to speak to the unions about pay for 3 years, so I don't see what other choice the unions had. Was a bit worried to see an Rmt official suggesting that these strikes could go til Christmas though. Not sure I can afford to lose 3 days pay a month for that long. Personally I'm hoping a rise of around 4% can be negotiated and we can get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Secondly, this won't solve inflation, if anything it will make it worse. If everyone tries to get a 10% wage rise to combat inflation, then the cost of what they are selling will quite likely also rise by 10%, unless there is a miraculous increase in productivity of course, which is unlikely.
    It wouldn’t be an issue if companies decided to absorb the difference. But no in the shareholder first world we live in it never will.

Someone’s got to pay and it’ll always be the easiest targets I.e the individuals

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Tories are scum
    aren't scot rail on strike? is krankie a tory?

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    She's just a twat

She's just a twat
    lesson to everyone there is always common ground to be found

I will always vote Tory.
    You swine.

They're not actually. The SNP and the unions came to an agreement up there. Even krankie could manage a better deal than Michael green/grant shapps.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    They're not actually. The SNP and the unions came to an agreement up there. Even krankie could manage a better deal than Michael green/grant shapps.
    It's not the SNP, it's ScotRail management, surely? The drivers did go on strike previously and then their union (ASLEF) accepted 5%. It seems the RMT rejected that. I'm not sure if anything has changed in that respect in the last couple of week?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61737750

that doesn't tally with any information i can find , but your probly right. why would the government get involved in a private company dispute?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's not the SNP, it's ScotRail management, surely? The drivers did go on strike previously and then their union (ASLEF) accepted 5%. It seems the RMT rejected that. I'm not sure if anything has changed in that respect in the last couple of week?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61737750
    I'd imagine it's a combination of management and government. It's the government who are paying the bills , same as the English toc's. There are no scotrail staff on strike at present. I think they are in a similar position to wales though, as the network rail signallers being on strike is shutting down a lot of their network.

that doesn't tally with any information i can find , but your probly right. why would the government get involved in a private company dispute?
    Because the private companies are only on fixed fee management contracts now. All costs are borne by government and all revenue goes to government. I'd agree with you if we still had the old style franchises, but these post covid management contracts are very different.

Because the private companies are only on fixed fee management contracts now. All costs are borne by government and all revenue goes to government. I'd agree with you if we still had the old style franchises, but these post covid management contracts are very different.
    i bow to your knowledge but even the union leaders seem to be saying the billions are going to the franchise holders not the government

Mick Lynch has done more for workers in one day than Starmer has in years. He comes off incredibly well when interviewed, made Kay Burley look like a mug earlier.

I Feel for the passenger's this week, huge levels of disruption. The government have orchestrated this in my opinion. Refused to speak to the unions about pay for 3 years, so I don't see what other choice the unions had. Was a bit worried to see an Rmt official suggesting that these strikes could go til Christmas though. Not sure I can afford to lose 3 days pay a month for that long. Personally I'm hoping a rise of around 4% can be negotiated and we can get back to normal.
    4% is a pitiful amount though, inflation when you include housing, petrol, gas and electric is likely above 20%, possibly even higher. The billionaires get richer but workers get poorer every single year.

i bow to your knowledge but even the union leaders seem to be saying the billions are going to the franchise holders not the government
    Some of the rmt figures were a bit pie in the sky. They tried to show how much first group had made, without realising/acknowledging that the cast majority of that profit had come from flogging the greyhound business in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    4% is a pitiful amount though, inflation when you include housing, petrol, gas and electric is likely above 20%, possibly even higher. The billionaires get richer but workers get poorer every single year.
    To be honest I think that the chances of us getting anything more than that is virtually non existent. Personally I'd have taken 4%, obviously can't speak for my colleagues though

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    mr lynch getting 20% of 124 thou nice work if you can get it