+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: other championship signings

Re: other championship signings

Liam Delap to Stoke seems like it is going ahead

✍️ | Welcome to Rotherham United, Brooke Norton-Cuffy!

The wing-back arrives on a season-long loan from Arsenal, subject to ratification from the PL, FA and EFL!

That's a great signing for them!

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/st...cX0_cGr6A&s=19

dodgy circumventing the ffp rules

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Legal skullduggery by the looks

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Legal skullduggery by the looks
    Stinks - I don't like Watford.

That really shouldn't be allowed.

seems way over the odds for a player that Watford bought last year for £3.6 million

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Who did they sell for £17m? I must have missed that. I saw Downes was sold for between £8m-£12m depending on which media outlet you choose to believe.
    I meant dollars

Sol Bamba playing for Bristol City u21s this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Sol Bamba playing for Bristol City u21s this afternoon.
    one to watch for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Stinks - I don't like Watford.
    Remember back in 2016 when Cardiff signed Kenneth Zohore 'on loan' from KV Kortrijk on the very same day he'd joined them in a £1 million transfer from OB Odense? City were under a transfer embargo for breaching FFP rules and were only allowed to sign players on loan.

At the time, a Football League spokesman said: "From the information made available to the Football League so far, we are satisfied that there isn't any evidence to suggest this transaction is being designed to circumvent the club's Financial Fair Play embargo and it is consistent with how clubs in common ownership operate. Ownership of a number of clubs by a single ownership vehicle is not uncommon in world football, with the success of the Pozzo family, whose clubs include Watford, being the most prominent current example."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Remember back in 2016 when Cardiff signed Kenneth Zohore 'on loan' from KV Kortrijk on the very same day he'd joined them in a £1 million transfer from OB Odense? City were under a transfer embargo for breaching FFP rules and were only allowed to sign players on loan.

At the time, a Football League spokesman said: "From the information made available to the Football League so far, we are satisfied that there isn't any evidence to suggest this transaction is being designed to circumvent the club's Financial Fair Play embargo and it is consistent with how clubs in common ownership operate. Ownership of a number of clubs by a single ownership vehicle is not uncommon in world football, with the success of the Pozzo family, whose clubs include Watford, being the most prominent current example."

yeah I did think about our Zohore deal, but I think this Watford one is on another level of dodgyness.

we had a transfer embargo so we loaned a player via Kortrijk instead of buying him directly, then later bought him when we were out of the embargo.

in this latest deal Watford appear to have paid well over the odds for a player in order to increase their income and be able to spend more in England without falling foul of FFP.

a player they bought in January for 3 ish million they suddenly sell for £16 million and have him loaned back for the season.

no way would anyone else have offered that money for him.
    how has his value increased so much following 19 games and a relegation. They only won 2 of the games he played in for them in the premier League.

one to watch for the future?
    😁

yeah I did think about our Zohore deal, but I think this Watford one is on another level of dodgyness.
    Let's be honest, it's all just shithousery of one sort or another. As long as it's within the rules, so be it.

Josh Maja to Birmingham apparently. https://mobile.twitter.com/FabrizioR...14529146322945

Burnley transfer news: Clarets ‘unwilling’ to meet £12m Swansea striker valuation , Obefami

Apparently offered £6m

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...ansea-24901065

Josh Maja to Birmingham apparently. https://mobile.twitter.com/FabrizioR...14529146322945
    This one's fallen through now

Not championship but Glatzel is on the move

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/ce5mxxrml1go

Burnley trying to get Obafemi from the jacks.

Burnley trying to get Obafemi from the jacks.
    £9m

Forest have signed Bowler from Blackpool for £2m.

Gone straight on loan to sister club Olympiakos (doing a Watford)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...sh-Bowler.html

Birmingham fans on twitter reckon they're signing Hugill, and are really pissed off about it.