Russia warns UK will 'cease to exist' in nuclear WW3 saying Britain will vanish

The UK will “physically cease to exist” if the new standoff in Lithuania triggers a nuclear World War 3, warned a retired Russian general and military expert.

Lieutenant-General Evgeny Buzhinsky told Russian state TV the West is playing with fire in blockading Russian exclave Kaliningrad to prevent sanctioned goods reaching the territory via NATO state Lithuania.

He lashed out at British general Sir Patrick Sanders, who took command of the UK’s land forces this week with a rallying call to troops to prepare to fight and beat Russian forces in a World War 3.

“He doesn’t understand that as a result of the Third World War Britain will physically cease to exist,” said Buzhinsky.

“The island will vanish, so I’ve no idea where he or his descendants will live.”

In his message to troops, General Sanders had said: “I am the first Chief of the General Staff since 1941 to take command of the Army in the shadow of a land war in Europe involving a continental power.

“The scale of the enduring threat from Russia shows we've entered a new era of insecurity. It is my singular duty to make our Army as lethal and effective as it can be. The time is now and the opportunity is ours to seize.”

Buzhinsky warned that alongside the war in Ukraine, the Kaliningrad situation is “deeply serious”, and claimed the West had ulterior motives.

More: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...p?fr=operanews