+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: World War Three Countdown to Armageddon Thread

Re: World War Three Countdown to Armageddon Thread

Despite the long and rambling diatribe above from OM (most of the financial stuff I can't follow BTW), I can discern some basic truths in amongst it all. In addition to natural disasters whether caused by climate change or not, I believe the world is riding on the proverbial handcart to hell. I do not fear the future for myself as my days are numbered (having already passed the “three score years and ten” landmark etc.) but I do fear for my grandchildren's future and the world they will inherit.

Who would have thought there would be a major war in Europe at the start of the 21st century for example? A worldwide pandemic. Severe droughts in some parts and severe flooding in others. A global energy crisis. Persecution of minorities all over the place. Lack of morals amongst political leaders. Armed conflicts in so many places. Needless massive spending on armaments and defence which could be used for healthcare and improving the lot of humanity. Refugees fleeing conflicts. Homelessness. Drug and alcohol addiction. Food banks. Breakdown of family life.

As a Christian I believe that only the return of Jesus Christ will sort it all out and in the meantime there will be an inevitable period of severe tribulation, the signs of which are all around us. Mankind has rejected his teachings or distorted them for their own purposes, and now we are reaping what we have sown. Welcome to the brave new world chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Despite the long and rambling diatribe above from OM (most of the financial stuff I can't follow BTW), I can discern some basic truths in amongst it all. In addition to natural disasters whether caused by climate change or not, I believe the world is riding on the proverbial handcart to hell. I do not fear the future for myself as my days are numbered (having already passed the “three score years and ten” landmark etc.) but I do fear for my grandchildren's future and the world they will inherit.

Who would have thought there would be a major war in Europe at the start of the 21st century for example? A worldwide pandemic. Severe droughts in some parts and severe flooding in others. A global energy crisis. Persecution of minorities all over the place. Lack of morals amongst political leaders. Armed conflicts in so many places. Needless massive spending on armaments and defence which could be used for healthcare and improving the lot of humanity. Refugees fleeing conflicts. Homelessness. Drug and alcohol addiction. Food banks. Breakdown of family life.

As a Christian I believe that only the return of Jesus Christ will sort it all out and in the meantime there will be an inevitable period of severe tribulation, the signs of which are all around us. Mankind has rejected his teachings or distorted them for their own purposes, and now we are reaping what we have sown. Welcome to the brave new world chaps.
    The concept of Jesus Christ is not that significant among even some of the major branches of Abrahamism and means little to Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus, atheists and millions of believers of minor religions - and if he didn't make an appearance during the holocaust when his own people were being murdered by the millions it's doubtful that he's going to pop up now for all and sundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The concept of Jesus Christ is not that significant among even some of the major branches of Abrahamism and means little to Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus, atheists and millions of believers of minor religions - and if he didn't make an appearance during the holocaust when his own people were being murdered by the millions it's doubtful that he's going to pop up now for all and sundry.
    OK, by all means be doubtful, I'll just continue to believe. Jesus Christ is for everyone, whether they accept that or not is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What?
    He said your life is about to turn to poo

OK, by all means be doubtful, I'll just continue to believe. Jesus Christ is for everyone, whether they accept that or not is up to them.
    What corroborative evidence (other than uncheckable and inconsistent Bible stories) of his life and teachings can you point me to?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ah thanks for that. I thought Uranus moving into Gemini (that right?) was probably not good news!

Yanks ought to look a lot closer to home than the Kremlin to identify who their greatest enemy is. Even his audience of hardcore Democrats found his words difficult to stomach.

Those who wrote the US constitution included the right of citizens to bear arms for them to have a chance against a rogue government. Biden's baiting them to get off their knees.

Despite the long and rambling diatribe above from OM (most of the financial stuff I can't follow BTW), I can discern some basic truths in amongst it all.
    I think the general gist of the financial stuff is that the US made up Covid to save their economy and the entire world went along with it for reasons our cabin loving friend doesn't go into

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What corroborative evidence (other than uncheckable and inconsistent Bible stories) of his life and teachings can you point me to?
    It is not my job to convince you or anyone else of the reality of Jesus Christ. Like me, everyone has to make their own decision whether to accept him or reject him – there are no grey areas. If you want evidence in the scientific sense then yes, you will be disappointed. I remember someone once gave an example about evidence – how can you actually provide evidence that your spouse loves you? Yes they may look after you when you are ill, they may say they love you, they may go out of their way to be kind to you and give you special gifts. Isn't it just possible that it's all an elaborate act in the hope that one day you will die before them and they will inherit all your wealth and possessions? Pretty unthinkable isn't it? So I believe it is the same with Jesus. What did he have to gain personally by claiming that he loved all peoples and went around healing folk and urging them to repent and become better people? Answer: nothing. There could be no other motivation other than he genuinely loved people and could only foresee disaster ahead if they did not repent.

In the end of course there has to be a step of faith, but not blind faith. If you knew me then you would know how my life has changed since coming to faith but you don't.

The New Testament is all you need. Yes there are different accounts in the four main gospels but to me that only serves to confirm their authenticity. If these were manufactured accounts then you would expect the author(s) to make very sure that they all matched in every detail. Obviously a lot of the detail cannot be “checked” retrospectively as the authors would have collated verbal statements from eye witnesses who were still alive at the time.

All I know is the world would be a far better place if everyone just followed the example of Jesus even if they reject the notion that he was God incarnate. But as I said in my reply to OM's contribution they have rejected him, so here we are reaping what we sow. It will not end well I fear.

It is not my job to convince you or anyone else of the reality of Jesus Christ. Like me, everyone has to make their own decision whether to accept him or reject him – there are no grey areas. If you want evidence in the scientific sense then yes, you will be disappointed. I remember someone once gave an example about evidence – how can you actually provide evidence that your spouse loves you? Yes they may look after you when you are ill, they may say they love you, they may go out of their way to be kind to you and give you special gifts. Isn't it just possible that it's all an elaborate act in the hope that one day you will die before them and they will inherit all your wealth and possessions? Pretty unthinkable isn't it? So I believe it is the same with Jesus. What did he have to gain personally by claiming that he loved all peoples and went around healing folk and urging them to repent and become better people? Answer: nothing. There could be no other motivation other than he genuinely loved people and could only foresee disaster ahead if they did not repent.

In the end of course there has to be a step of faith, but not blind faith. If you knew me then you would know how my life has changed since coming to faith but you don't.

The New Testament is all you need. Yes there are different accounts in the four main gospels but to me that only serves to confirm their authenticity. If these were manufactured accounts then you would expect the author(s) to make very sure that they all matched in every detail. Obviously a lot of the detail cannot be “checked” retrospectively as the authors would have collated verbal statements from eye witnesses who were still alive at the time.

All I know is the world would be a far better place if everyone just followed the example of Jesus even if they reject the notion that he was God incarnate. But as I said in my reply to OM's contribution they have rejected him, so here we are reaping what we sow. It will not end well I fear.
    Are you aware that many of the stories in the Bible were lifted from pre-existing religions and that the gospels are indeed contradictory? Not that it really matters as the gospels weren't written by Jesus.

This Russki produced propaganda piece has caused quite a stir. The last line seems to be aimed squarely at the Germans and Poles whose governments were dumb enough to pick a fight with their primary energy supplier.

so the buffoon wants us all to buy a new kettle to save on energy bills

Looks like the sanctions against the ruskies has had the opposite effect to hurting there economy it seems

Gazprom has recorded a record net profit of 2.5 trillion roubles in the first half of the year

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...ds-2022-08-30/

The glass is half full of sh*t. https://www.veolia.com/en/solution/s...gas-wastewater

Hot on the heels of Joe Biden's remarks made a few days ago, he made a lengthier speech yesterday for which Joe Goebbels may have blushed making.

He seems to be trying to frame a ridiculous and divisive narrative that 'MAGA Republicans' (a term he kept parroting) present a dangerous threat to American democracy. This despite the only resistance they have mustered was 10 minutes of fisticuffs on January 6th last year when they were unarmed. Biden attempted to portray that demo as an insurrection to overthrow the US government.

The most egregious claim he made was MAGA forces wish to take America backwards where they will be denied choices. That from a bloke who has sacked thousands of soldiers and other government employees for refusing to volunteer themselves for experimental vaccines.

I see Biden has been given a new moniker on the twitter sphere following yesterday evening's performance, that of PedoHitler.

Biden.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I see Biden has been given a new moniker on the twitter sphere following yesterday evening's performance, that of PedoHitler.

That's pretty offensive tbh Organ.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That's pretty offensive tbh Organ.
    Quoting guys describing themselves as a “pureblood” in their twitter bio whilst calling someone else a fascist is very on brand too

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Quoting guys describing themselves as a “pureblood” in their twitter bio whilst calling someone else a fascist is very on brand too
    What does “pureblood” refer to?

I believe Hitler liked the general vibe

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I believe Hitler liked the general vibe
    I see, I thought it was a tag used by people who declined the offer of an experimental pharmaceutical treatment during the pandemic?

Here's something:

“Blood mixture and the resultant drop in the racial level is the sole cause of the dying out of old cultures; for men do not perish as a result of lost wars, but by the loss of that force of resistance which is contained only in pure blood. All who are not of good race in this world are chaff. And all occurrences in world history are only expression of the races’ instinct for self-preservation. What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfilment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. Those who are physically and mentally unhealthy and unworthy must not perpetuate their suffering in the body of their children.”

That's a direct quote from Mein Kampf.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 02-09-22 at 16:58. Reason: Edit: The bit about the physically and mentally unworthy would actually apply to myself and my wife.

I see, I thought it was a tag used by people who declined the offer of an experimental pharmaceutical treatment during the pandemic?
    Nah