+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Raheem Sterling

Raheem Sterling

My immediate thoughts about Sterling are he's fast, inconsistent, scores tap-ins, misses heaps and is a diver.
    I just read his stats since he's been at Man City (6 years).

How many goals do you think he's scored?

Re: Raheem Sterling

I'd hazard a guess at about 60

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'd hazard a guess at about 60
    I'd say more than that in 6 years. Probably has a lot of assists too. He's a very good player. He'd be a star at pretty much any other club.

more like 20

80 maybe a bit more pushing 90 as I’m sure he had one big scoring season.

Fifteen a season over six years is ninety, I reckon he’s averaged more than that though (he’s never injured for long) - wouldn’t be surprised if it’s over a hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd say more than that in 6 years. Probably has a lot of assists too. He's a very good player. He'd be a star at pretty much any other club.
    He is a good player.
    Awkward and difficult to read and agree he has probably got a lot of assists but as the OP mentioned, he does score tap ins and misses "easier" chances.

I would say though that the Citeh way of playing suits his style and they create so many chances that he can afford to be wasteful on times.

He may have a few more goals in his time there than 60 but I would be surprised if it's considerably more.

Is he signing ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    80 maybe a bit more pushing 90 as I’m sure he had one big scoring season.
    Come to think of it you could be right.
    I'll up my guess to 70

I know he’s scored over a 100 premier league goals in his entire career, which is none too shabby. He gets a lot of stick, but he must be doing something right for the amount of games he’s played with Pep as the manager

I'll take a wild guess and say probably around 90 to 100?

15-20 a season. So about 95-100.
    Man City score shedloads of goals without a recognised striker, so they've plenty of players who score 15 or so a season.

Fantasy football managers will know that his goal scoring and assist making has tailed off in the last couple of seasons. He played well with Aguero, but since his starts began to decline, Sterling became a bit out of sorts.

It's probably a good time for him to move on.

Great player. Misses loads of chances and still scores loads. I’d rather someone got into the right position constantly than someone who is never there. He’s scored well over 100 goals, and I’d guess about another 20 for England

Spoiler alert,

I’ve just looked it up, he’s scored 131 (91 in the Premier League) goals in all competitions for Man City.

scored high 80s in league and about 40 in cup games so in the 120s all told

oops sorry did not see your post

Are we swapping Collins for him? 🧐

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Spoiler alert,

I’ve just looked it up, he’s scored 131 (91 in the Premier League) goals in all competitions for Man City.
    I was surprised how many. Probably at least another 20 missed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I was surprised how many. Probably at least another 20 missed.
    More than that I’d say in a side that creates so many chances, I would have thought his goals per game rate will go down whoever he is playing for next season if it’s not Man City.

He might be the missing piece that we need.

His Man City career has already peaked, and it remains to be seen whether a move to another club would revive his fortunes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    More than that I’d say in a side that creates so many chances, I would have thought his goals per game rate will go down whoever he is playing for next season if it’s not Man City.
    How many other Man City misses as many chances as him, though? Same as England. He misses lots, granted but he scores a hatful, and is always amongst their top scorers. I would rather Sterling than someone like Grealish who is never in a position to take a chance.

2015– Manchester City app 225 goals(91)
    goggle is your friend...sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    2015– Manchester City app 225 goals(91)
    goggle is your friend...sometimes
    Brilliant for one eyed swimmers apparently!