+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury thread

Re: Glastonbury thread

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I went 1993. Lenny Kravitz, Van Morrison, Lou Reed, The Orb, Suede, Stereo MCs, Chilli Peppers, Hot House Flowers, Blockheads, Suede, The Verve, Robert Plant, Lemonheads, Black Crowes, Alison Moyet, Christy Moore....and Rolf Harris.
    Black Crowes great band , van morrison is crap live

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'll probably have a look at this lot ... Big Thief, Dry Cleaning, Fontaines D.C, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Olivia Rodrigo, Primal Scream, Robert Plant & Alison Kraus, Saint Etienne, St. Vincent, Turnstile, Wolf Alice.

Anything else worth watching?
    Seen Fontaines D.C a number of times recently, possibly my favourite band around at the moment. Surprised not in a more prominent slot.

The JAMC/Primal Scream double header in John Peel has the potential to be rocking (Wonder if Bobby G will get on the old drums again for JAMC).

I'd say Warmduscher well worth a watch, two great albums behind them now, brilliant live.

I'll be seeking out Jarv Is, Sleaford Mods, Cate Le Bone and Avalanches on iPlayer too, in fact most of The Park stage line up looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    5 times in the early-mid 80's for me. Can't remember 10% of who were playing though
    That’s the way….I saw kings of Leon on the pyramid stage and had no memory of it at all until I saw it on tv when I got home a few weeks later….god know how I survived. The guy in the next tent must have brought 5000 E’s with him

Pheonix Festival 96 was incredible.

Bowie, Neil Young, Bjorn, Sexton Pistols were the headliners.

Then you had...
    Massive Attack, The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Beck, Placebo, Cocteau Twins, Cypress Hill, Foo Fighters, Manic Street Preachers, Placebo, GZA, Flaming Lips, Gene, Super Furry Aninimals.

Arguably the worst line up of Glasto ever in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The one I went to in 2011 had an awful line up. Made the most of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Aye…who is even playing bar 80 year old macca? In saying this some of the best times I had there were finding a random party or live show by someone in a marquee that wasn’t advertised….massive attack djs always did this aswell as some fine Trojan reggae. Places I literally could never find again if I went looking too…..just a small gate leading down through some trees, you’d never know it was there but it would go on until 6/7 am

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Aye…who is even playing bar 80 year old macca? In saying this some of the best times I had there were finding a random party or live show by someone in a marquee that wasn’t advertised….massive attack djs always did this aswell as some fine Trojan reggae. Places I literally could never find again if I went looking too…..just a small gate leading down through some trees, you’d never know it was there but it would go on until 6/7 am
    The Sugar Lump was always a good tent

I was not into acid or e

I just used to sit there stoned people watching all these ravers totally off their faces at 11 am in the morning

It was bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Bowie, Neil Young, Bjorn, Sexton Pistols were the headliners.

Then you had...
    Massive Attack, The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Beck, Placebo, Cocteau Twins, Cypress Hill, Foo Fighters, Manic Street Preachers, Placebo, GZA, Flaming Lips, Gene, Super Furry Aninimals.
    Faith No More

Gigs in general are a pain in the arse

See who is interested in , say , Prong , Cardiff University

What's the date ?

Les can't make it , it's his wife's bloody birthday

Weekend ? .....Stuart has his kids

OK four of us

Meeting at the pub 6pm

Bored rigid till 8pm

Support band good but itchy feet

930 Prong come on , silly bitch in front of us sitting on boyfriends shoulders

1100 it all wraps up

1145 finally get a taxi

I can't be arsed with all this anymore , buy Prong live in Europe dvd when it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Seen Fontaines D.C a number of times recently, possibly my favourite band around at the moment. Surprised not in a more prominent slot.

The JAMC/Primal Scream double header in John Peel has the potential to be rocking (Wonder if Bobby G will get on the old drums again for JAMC).

I'd say Warmduscher well worth a watch, two great albums behind them now, brilliant live.

I'll be seeking out Jarv Is, Sleaford Mods, Cate Le Bone and Avalanches on iPlayer too, in fact most of The Park stage line up looks pretty good.
    I feel exactly the same way about Cate

Then you had...
    I know Ive seen most of them at a festival, and it was a outstanding lineup, didnt see Bowie as he wasn't my thing, but I cant for the life of me remember going to Pheonix 96, I know we did 97, as it was the black grapes, de la soul and fun loving crim's

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can't see Macca in a two-man tent and queueing for a tom tit.
    Funnily enough, I've just received an email from the Cheese and Grain venue in Frome stating that Macca is appearing there tomorrow at 5pm with ticket prices set at £25. Tickets only available in person. Seems like a warm-up for Glasto.

Rage Against The Machine playing here in August.
    Cheapest tickets $125.

Rage Against The Machine playing here in August.
    Cheapest tickets $125.
    I think that's a piss take and goes against the left wing politics of the band

They did a free concert in Hyde Park , I don't see why they are not sticking it to the man

Great band apart from the silly guitar solos

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think that's a piss take and goes against the left wing politics of the band

They did a free concert in Hyde Park , I don't see why they are not sticking it to the man

Great band apart from the silly guitar solos
    Yep it's a bit as the kids say, "boujie"

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Doubt anyone in here is going judging by the ages? I guess if you were you would already be there….having been 5 times I know a lot goes on despite the main stages but I don’t see too much to get excited about in the line up after 3 years waiting?? Any of the regular oldies on here go in the 1970’s?
    there is some real quality there this year. Fontaines DC, DryCleaning, Wet Leg, Yard Act, Rufus Wainwright, Foals, Blossoms, The Libertines, Metronomy, Sleaford Mods, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Primal Scream, Self Esteem, Amyl and the Sniffers, Squid, Warmduscher, Billy no Mates, the Chemical Brothers, Carl Cox, Fatboy Slim, Groove Armada etc etc

Plus the usual diamonds you find on the smaller stages as well as the old favourites.

I don't do mud.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We used to hire a motor home for download , slum it during the day , sleep like a baby
    That's definitely the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    there is some real quality there this year. Fontaines DC, DryCleaning, Wet Leg, Yard Act, Rufus Wainwright, Foals, Blossoms, The Libertines, Metronomy, Sleaford Mods, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Primal Scream, Self Esteem, Amyl and the Sniffers, Squid, Warmduscher, Billy no Mates, the Chemical Brothers, Carl Cox, Fatboy Slim, Groove Armada etc etc
    Not to mention Turnstile who are a very good live band.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I don't do mud.
    It’s clay like mud too that sucks your feet back in……the worst….

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not to mention Turnstile who are a very good live band.
    I hope Turnstile click.

I hope Turnstile click.
    I feel sorry for Little Dragon who have to follow them.

All stages now going live on iPlayer

Wet Leg are pretty good, the place is full too.

I don't do mud.
    They aren't appearing.