+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury thread

Glastonbury thread

Doubt anyone in here is going judging by the ages? I guess if you were you would already be there….having been 5 times I know a lot goes on despite the main stages but I don’t see too much to get excited about in the line up after 3 years waiting?? Any of the regular oldies on here go in the 1970’s?

Re: Glastonbury thread

I think it's a corporate media and money making exercise

I don't agree with the liggers who scaled the barriers but it had to be paid for somehow

Nowadays it's all sponsorship yet its still so pricey to get in

Those stupid kite like flags and banners are a pain in the arse too

Best year for me was 1992

Lou Reed , The Fall , Fishbone , The Breeders

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I don't agree with the liggers who scaled the barriers but it had to be paid for somehow

...a pair of enormous balls

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...a pair of enormous balls
    Did I tell you about Damian down 112 ?

I went in 92, was really really hot weather throughout. I went mainly for the indie darlings at the time like Carter USM, Blur and Ned's Atomic Dustbin, but I remember enjoying afternoon sets by the Saw Doctors and Richard Thompson. The highlight of the weekend was ending up in the acoustic tent late on Sunday night and bouncing around to The Ukrainians. It was getting a bit rough by then mind, think there was some drug related violence and plenty of tents got robbed. I wouldn't go now even it was free but I'm glad to have gone twice
    Last edited by Harry Lime; 23-06-22 at 09:17. Reason: Spelling typo

In the current climate will the Doobie Brothers be playing Long Train Running

never went, went to plenty of raves and reading festivals but never glasto

my GK coach's brother does a sound deck and my GK goes and helps him, so goes every year, he loves it still

I'll probably have a look at this lot ... Big Thief, Dry Cleaning, Fontaines D.C, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Olivia Rodrigo, Primal Scream, Robert Plant & Alison Kraus, Saint Etienne, St. Vincent, Turnstile, Wolf Alice.

Anything else worth watching?

Got a feeling this band might get a good response on the John Peel stage ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7FUziUECY

2002 was the best one for me….the first time I made the long slog all the way down to the pyramid stage. Arthur lee, Ritchie havens, manu chao…way too much time in the glade but it was an amazing week.

First Team

I should have done it years ago.

However, for various reasons I didn’t and now it would probably be my idea of hell on earth.

I am afraid that a comfortable bed, clean toilet and an early night are top of my needs these days.

Probably my loss and McCartney, aged 80, may be putting me to shame but the BBC allow me to watch in comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

However, for various reasons I didn’t and now it would probably be my idea of hell on earth.

I am afraid that a comfortable bed, clean toilet and an early night are top of my needs these days.

Probably my loss and McCartney, aged 80, may be putting me to shame but the BBC allow me to watch in comfort.
    Yeah I couldn’t do it now….no chance. Can’t believe it’s been so nice all week and now it’s going to piss it down all weekend….

Went most years between '79 and '89. which was the last time I went. By then it was getting too big and too corporate. Back in the day it was a great alternative festival and part of the then counter culture. You'd have to pay me a huge wad of money to go these days

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Doubt anyone in here is going judging by the ages? I guess if you were you would already be there….having been 5 times I know a lot goes on despite the main stages but I don’t see too much to get excited about in the line up after 3 years waiting?? Any of the regular oldies on here go in the 1970’s?
    5 times in the early-mid 80's for me. Can't remember 10% of who were playing though

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'll probably have a look at this lot ... Big Thief, Dry Cleaning, Fontaines D.C, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Olivia Rodrigo, Primal Scream, Robert Plant & Alison Kraus, Saint Etienne, St. Vincent, Turnstile, Wolf Alice.

For me it's ~ Sam Fender, The Libertines, Idles, Foals and Primal Scream.

Neer went. Was never interested to be honest. I'm not really into festivals. Too many bands I don't care to see, bad weather and especially camping. I've been to a few festivals abroad that were OK, but the British ones are the worst.

Haim, Katy J Pearson, Big Joanie, Yard Act are all pretty good imo

I can't see Macca in a two-man tent and queueing for a tom tit.

I used to go to monsters of rock , download but not interested now

I like one day outdoor festivals

Milton Keynes Bowl

Black Sabbath
    Tool
    Pantera
    Soulfly
    Lots of others I was very stoned

Got a feeling this band might get a good response on the John Peel stage ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7FUziUECY
    Do you like every time I die ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Neer went. Was never interested to be honest. I'm not really into festivals. Too many bands I don't care to see, bad weather and especially camping. I've been to a few festivals abroad that were OK, but the British ones are the worst.
    We used to hire a motor home for download , slum it during the day , sleep like a baby

We used to hire a motor home for download , slum it during the day , sleep like a baby
    Dudley..you must be on something else

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Dudley..you must be on something else
    Let me get this rhyme right for a start

I went 1993. Lenny Kravitz, Van Morrison, Lou Reed, The Orb, Suede, Stereo MCs, Chilli Peppers, Hot House Flowers, Blockheads, Suede, The Verve, Robert Plant, Lemonheads, Black Crowes, Alison Moyet, Christy Moore....and Rolf Harris.