+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What? Nothing on Andy Rinomhota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What? Nothing on Andy Rinomhota

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Heading for Cardiff apparently. Big loss for us.
    Excuse my ignorance, is he any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Rinomhota

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It’s a fair question. He was part of a badly underachieving midfield with John Swift and Josh Laurent last season. Our midfield was constantly bypassed by opposition teams. I think that was down to how badly we were set up by Paunovic.

What you will get with Rinomhota is an energetic, hard running player good at breaking up play and winning his share of tackles. What you won’t get is a midfielder spraying the ball around the pitch. He knows his limitations and keeps it simple. He was PoTS a couple of years ago.

Personally I would have liked him to stay. You are getting a solid, no frills midfielder who won’t let you down.

It’s a fair question. He was part of a badly underachieving midfield with John Swift and Josh Laurent last season. Our midfield was constantly bypassed by opposition teams. I think that was down to how badly we were set up by Paunovic.

What you will get with Rinomhota is an energetic, hard running player good at breaking up play and winning his share of tackles. What you won’t get is a midfielder spraying the ball around the pitch. He knows his limitations and keeps it simple. He was PoTS a couple of years ago.

Personally I would have liked him to stay. You are getting a solid, no frills midfielder who won’t let you down.
    Any specific reason for him only starting 19 Championship games last season? Was it injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Any specific reason for him only starting 19 Championship games last season? Was it injuries?
    Yep. He was out for a number of months along with so many of the squad. Nearly always a starter when fit over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I can’t say too much because I’ve not seen a great deal of either player, but your description of Rinomhota sounds pretty similar to what was said about our other new central midfielder, Ebou Adams.

which is roughly what my daughters BF ( a reading ST holder ) has just told me about him, he said a few years ago he was tipped to be a top 1/2 table prem league player, last season didnt work out for him, but we have got a very good box to box Midfielder, said he is a very good signing for us and he is gutted to see him leave

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    which is roughly what my daughters BF ( a reading ST holder ) has just told me about him, he said a few years ago he was tipped to be a top 1/2 table prem league player, last season didnt work out for him, but we have got a very good box to box Midfielder, said he is a very good signing for us and he is gutted to see him leave
    Both my son and I are STH’s and we both wanted him to stay. I think he is a good signing for you. The vast majority of Reading fans would have wanted him to stay.

International

Both my son and I are STH’s and we both wanted him to stay. I think he is a good signing for you. The vast majority of Reading fans would have wanted him to stay.
    Nice one always nice to hear something like this from the previous clubs fans

Sounds exactly like Ebou Adams

Would you compare him to a '51 plate 1.6 Petrol Ford Focus?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Would you compare him to a '51 plate 1.6 Petrol Ford Focus?