+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What? Nothing on Andy Rinomhota

International

Re: What? Nothing on Andy Rinomhota

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Both my son and I are STH’s and we both wanted him to stay. I think he is a good signing for you. The vast majority of Reading fans would have wanted him to stay.
    Nice one always nice to hear something like this from the previous clubs fans

International

At Reading we pronounce the surname as Rino motor and not as some commentators say Rino motta.
    He'll just be Rhino here

BBC Wales say its done

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    BBC Wales say its done
    Not quite yet

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61926653.amp

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Possibly good news on Ralls as well.

Well he's definitely leaving Reading anyway https://mobile.twitter.com/andyrinom...60371256582146

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Well he's definitely leaving Reading anyway https://mobile.twitter.com/andyrinom...60371256582146
    Yep it hurts. He has gone through our Academy and I have watched him take every step. The transfer embargo is making it very hard to keep any of our better players. Good luck to him with Cardiff. He absolutely will not let you down.

So we have lost Swift, Laurent and Rinomhota all on frees. We have been painfully run for years.

Yep it hurts. He has gone through our Academy and I have watched him take every step. The transfer embargo is making it very hard to keep any of our better players. Good luck to him with Cardiff. He absolutely will not let you down.
    Assuming he comes here Pearcey, who do you reckons got the better deal - Stoke with Laurent or us?

I note he's managed a grand total of just 4 goals in 139 first team appearances, but he managed to score one against City in 2020.

Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I note he's managed a grand total of just 4 goals in 139 first team appearances, but he managed to score one against City in 2020.

Typical.

Free-scoring he ain’t. He scored an absolute peach v Norwich three or four years ago. He hit the ball perfectly and it just flew in. The local radio commentator Tim Dellor’s voice became a high pitched screech when it hit the back of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Assuming he come here Pearcey, who do you reckons got the better deal - Stoke with Laurent or us?

Very similar levels. Laurent more flexible as a player but also inclined to make a sloppy pass from which we would concede. Rino knows his limitations. Neat and tidy on the ball but doesn’t play a silly pass. Both have great engines. Put it this way. Of all our players out of contract my lad wanted us to keep Rino above all others. My boy is 19 and far sharper on such matters than I.
    You have got yourself a good player.

Very similar levels. Laurent more flexible as a player but also inclined to make a sloppy pass from which we would concede. Rino knows his limitations. Neat and tidy on the ball but doesn’t play a silly pass. Both have great engines. Put it this way. Of all our players out of contract my lad wanted us to keep Rino above all others. My boy is 19 and far sharper on such matters than I.
    You have got yourself a good player.
    Thanks, - I think your engine comment is very relevant with this manager.

He's signed now

Personally I would have liked him to stay. You are getting a solid, no frills midfielder who won’t let you down.
    Would you compare him to a '51 plate 1.6 Petrol Ford Focus?

In normal times what would his value be?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ok, I’ll rephrase, another midfielder who isn’t great technically by the sounds of it. Energy over ability. Yet some would have you believe we are going to be popping the ball around like Peps Barcelona when Morison is able to build his own squad and change our style.

Nothing of any substance done to address our severe lack of creativity so far.
    Have to agree once again.....and no strikers....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Have to agree once again.....and no strikers....
    I don’t think we will be passing it about. I think he is basing it more on a Liverpool type system obviously at a much lower level. Strikers will come in time. The 3 holding players we have will probably keep two positions will hopefully allow others more freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    In normal times what would his value be?
    Possibly £2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Would you compare him to a '51 plate 1.6 Petrol Ford Focus?

Possibly £2 million.
    Transfermarkt has him down as £2.25 million

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Transfermarkt has him down as £2.25 million

Mine was a pure guess but I think that’s about right.