+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mick Lynch RMT Gen Sec

Re: Mick Lynch RMT Gen Sec

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Amazed to find out you follow left wing polemicists on twitter who share out of context clips to their echo chambers.
    Out of context? She is literally comparing rail strikes to dinosaurs. She is clearly thick as shit.

Do you even know what a hashtag is?

Here you go.

Well, sorry to bring some facts to the table, but the minimum wage was £6.19 in 2012. It's £9.50 now. Thats an increase of 53%.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation..._Wage_Act_1998

We can add a little from the last few months, but Inflation from 2012 to 2021 was 25%.
    https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/mone...ion-calculator

No one disputes the global financial crisis, then a pandemic then a war in Europe don't impact on things. They do. It's been fkn tough, but the solution isn't to give everyone 10% more money. You may want to support the union on ideological ground but you know that in your heart it isn't the answer for the country as a whole.
    You aren't considering the whole picture there - someone on minimum wage is likely to also have benefits that they need in order to be able to live (because we effectively subsidise businesses to pay workers poorly, basically a tax break for the business owners). So you'd need to look at both aspects of someones salary.

Additionally the effective inflation rate for someone on minimum wage is not the same as the inflation rate that the bank of england calculates. It has been shown that they face far higher inflation, as the things that have risen the most (energy, food etc) take up a far higher proportion of their overall spend.

Here you go.

Well, sorry to bring some facts to the table, but the minimum wage was £6.19 in 2012. It's £9.50 now. Thats an increase of 53%.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation..._Wage_Act_1998

We can add a little from the last few months, but Inflation from 2012 to 2021 was 25%.
    https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/mone...ion-calculator

No one disputes the global financial crisis, then a pandemic then a war in Europe don't impact on things. They do. It's been fkn tough, but the solution isn't to give everyone 10% more money. You may want to support the union on ideological ground but you know that in your heart it isn't the answer for the country as a whole.

Big deal. These pay rises are peanuts. That doesn’t make people on a minimum wage much better off at all. They remain on very basic wages and in many cases still reliant on food banks.
    Would you be comfortably off working for £9:50 an hour? Do you think anyone can live comfortably off that? How can they afford a mortgage on these kind of figures?

Well someone said no one was better off, to which I proved that the minimum wage rises in the last decade have gone up twice as fast as inflation.

If only you lot could eliminate economic facts and anyone with different opinions, then finally you would be happy!
    It only proves that the minimum wage was shit to begin with and has also brought people on minimum wage into paying income tax. What the government gives with one hand, it takes with another. (That's not a Tory dig as it applies to all governments)

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Big deal. These pay rises are peanuts. That doesn’t make people on a minimum wage much better off at all. They remain on very basic wages and in many cases still reliant on food banks.
    Would you be comfortably off working for £9:50 an hour? Do you think anyone can live comfortably off that? How can they afford a mortgage on these kind of figures?
    Aye, but they've increased!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Have you been completely asleep during 2010s and completely unaware of life for young working people now?
    sorry , i don't understand how you think my life was milk and honey at your age , your nothing special life's shit get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Out of context? She is literally comparing rail strikes to dinosaurs. She is clearly thick as shit.

Do you even know what a hashtag is?
    **** me sideways It's a metaphor! She's not literally calling them dinosaurs. That twitter account is away with the fairies (and no, i dont mean that literally..)

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    sorry , i don't understand how you think my life was milk and honey at your age , your nothing special life's shit get used to it.
    There we are. The "get over it" message, despite the fact that young people are now worse off than their parents or grandparent. "Get over it" is also code for "I'm alright".

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There we are. The "get over it" message, despite the fact that young people are now worse off than their parents or grandparent. "Get over it" is also code for "I'm alright".
    of course young people are worse off than their parents , here you go 16yr old a £200,000 job

It only proves that the minimum wage was shit to begin with and has also brought people on minimum wage into paying income tax. What the government gives with one hand, it takes with another. (That's not a Tory dig as it applies to all governments)
    It's also proved that the very lowest paid have had rises twice the rate of inflation, which is the opposite of what you said yesterday.

That's not the point people are making though. The major expense in anybody's life is shelter and that is rampantly out of control, it wasn't back then. It would make a huge difference to me if my rent was even a quarter cheaper, it won't ever happen because the government has to protect house prices like they are it's firstborn.

Surprised the Brexit guy talked a bit of sense. The Tory cabinet woman looked bewildered and totally out of her depth, a fitting advert for the Tory cabinet.

also my grandparents worked for tuppence ha'penny a week so you are way off

It's also proved that the very lowest paid have had rises twice the rate of inflation, which is the opposite of what you said yesterday.
    Why is the past relevant at all? Right now, is somebody able to live off minimum wage no matter where they live in the UK.

My guess is that a single male on minimum wage living in my area would be completely ****ed.

Is that good? Is it worth performing mental and statistical gymnastics every night on a Cardiff message board to stick up for that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Surprised the Brexit guy talked a bit of sense. The Tory cabinet woman looked bewildered and totally out of her depth, a fitting advert for the Tory cabinet.
    They all harp on about democracy but are shite scared to speak out or even say the truth or the clown will get rid of them in a heart beat
    It's been refreshing to see Mick Lynch time after time call out and make whoever has been trust in front of him look complete and utter idiots whether it's the so called media elite Kay Burley, Piers Morgan etc or any of the Tory lap dogs who like said above all look bewildered and totally out of their depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Pearcey, you should know that once James Wales has spoken on a subject, that’s an end to a discussion because his opinions are actually facts - in his head anyway. He commanded me to start a thread on Wednesday

of course young people are worse off than their parents , here you go 16yr old a £200,000 job
    Wtf are you wittering on about? I meant that, when wages and cost of living is taken into account, mortgages etc, young people are worse off than their parents were at their age in comparable terms.

And you're more interested in trying to be right than the actual plight of people on low wages. Knob.

And you're more interested in trying to be right than the actual plight of people on low wages. Knob.
    Nothing gives odd people satisfaction more than trying to win an internet argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    They all harp on about democracy but are shite scared to speak out or even say the truth or the clown will get rid of them in a heart beat
    It's been refreshing to see Mick Lynch time after time call out and make whoever has been trust in front of him look complete and utter idiots whether it's the so called media elite Kay Burley, Piers Morgan etc or any of the Tory lap dogs who like said above all look bewildered and totally out of their depth.
    I didn't watch the Kay Burley clip, but the Piers Morgan one was ridiculous, you could see he was actually embarrassed for Morgan that he has come to this.

Didn't think he gave a very good account of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Pearcey, you should know that once James Wales has spoken on a subject, that’s an end to a discussion because his opinions are actually facts - in his head anyway. He commanded me to start a thread on Wednesday
    Interesting take TOBW, and a little ironic given the topic being discussed there, which was a fact vs an opinion.

Have a nice day. (Thats not a commandment either, merely a wish)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Why is the past relevant at all? Right now, is somebody able to live off minimum wage no matter where they live in the UK.

My guess is that a single male on minimum wage living in my area would be completely ****ed.

Is that good? Is it worth performing mental and statistical gymnastics every night on a Cardiff message board to stick up for that situation?
    It's relevent because someone on here said all the lowest paid are worse off in the last 10 years in terms of wages v inflation, and that isn't true in terms of the minimum wage. Surely, facts matter?

It's relevent because someone on here said all the lowest paid are worse off in the last 10 years in terms of wages v inflation, and that isn't true in terms of the minimum wage. Surely, facts matter?
    It could very easily be true, as the facts you have quoted don't tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It could very easily be true, as the facts you have quoted don't tell the whole story.
    No they don't, but saying 'none of the lowest paid' are better off after inflation is wrong. I don't see the issue in providing data to challenge it. I'm the first to admit there is a great wealth of statistics to look at, but if you are supportive of the minimum wage, then presumably you view it as a good thing that it has risen at twice the rate of inflation in the last 10 years, no?