+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Was anyone on Wizz air flight Faro to Cardiff 4th June when cancellled

Was anyone on Wizz air flight Faro to Cardiff 4th June when cancellled

Hi i was just wondering if any of you or your families where due to fly back to Cardiff on flight W95802 4th june ? we recieved a text message when leaving for airport saying flight Cancelled . Wizz offered no help we then had to pay nearly 2.5K for accomodation and flights back . wizz have refused to pay hotel bill and 5 weeks later i have only recieved £30 from them they have now offered to pay £216 for our origianl flights that we paid over £1,000 for return and pay the difference for the new flights but are claiming extra ordinary circumstance and refusing to pay compensation they also cancelled the flights both ways for the next 2 saturdays in effect cancelling there customers holidays when they were in the airport waiting. My flight made BBC news as loads of people were stuck in portugal . i have now put a claim in to the Aviation ADR just wondering how anyone else has got on and if they have been paid yet? WIZZ AIR NEVER AGAIN !

Re: Was anyone on Wizz air flight Faro to Cardiff 4th June when cancellled

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Hi i was just wondering if any of you or your families where due to fly back to Cardiff on flight W95802 4th june ? we recieved a text message when leaving for airport saying flight Cancelled . Wizz offered no help we then had to pay nearly 2.5K for accomodation and flights back . wizz have refused to pay hotel bill and 5 weeks later i have only recieved £30 from them they have now offered to pay £216 for our origianl flights that we paid over £1,000 for return and pay the difference for the new flights but are claiming extra ordinary circumstance and refusing to pay compensation they also cancelled the flights both ways for the next 2 saturdays in effect cancelling there customers holidays when they were in the airport waiting. My flight made BBC news as loads of people were stuck in portugal . i have now put a claim in to the Aviation ADR just wondering how anyone else has got on and if they have been paid yet? WIZZ AIR NEVER AGAIN !
    I've had to look up the legal position and then claim for a delayed flight back from Menorca with Jet2 a few weeks ago. In our case, 3 plus hours delay after the original aircraft went technical and had to be replaced. I'm awaiting a response from Jet2. This website has the details:
    https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/res...cancellations/
    Wizz Air are fully responsible for the cancellation and it is wrong to claim "exceptional circumstances". The latter can include strikes and air traffic control restrictions beyond the immediate control of the airline. If Wizz just cancelled on you at very short notice, they are fully responsible for getting you to your destination by the most direct route under EU (and now UK) law. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I've had to look up the legal position and then claim for a delayed flight back from Menorca with Jet2 a few weeks ago. In our case, 3 plus hours delay after the original aircraft went technical and had to be replaced. I'm awaiting a response from Jet2. This website has the details:
    https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/res...cancellations/
    Wizz Air are fully responsible for the cancellation and it is wrong to claim "exceptional circumstances". The latter can include strikes and air traffic control restrictions beyond the immediate control of the airline. If Wizz just cancelled on you at very short notice, they are fully responsible for getting you to your destination by the most direct route under EU (and now UK) law. Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice we were offered a flight home 7 days later by Wizz as it turns out that got cancelled at short notice too

In the same situation and awaiting a response but for a different flight

Sounds like you took the refund instead of allowing Wizz to bring you back

Thanks for the advice we were offered a flight home 7 days later by Wizz as it turns out that got cancelled at short notice too
    Any airline, any sensible route to get you home ASAP after cancelling...and keep the bills to present to Wizz. They know they are in the wrong.

I've found Wizz customer service to be really hard to get hold of in a similar situation before. Did they offer to arrange accomadstion for you when the flight was first cancelled ?

I was on a wizz flight out of Tel Aviv a few years back that hit a bird just after take off. They booked a hotel for us and put us all on a coach to get to it. My only issue with them was that they were a bit slow and inflexible in sorting out a flight home. Trying to change the flight was a right ballache. Would have been great to have a few days of free hotel, but work weren't too happy !

If they didn't organise alternative accomadation then I'm surprised they can get awày with not covering your hotel bill . Or a reasonable amount of it at the very least

[QUOTE=WJ99mobile;5320801]In the same situation and awaiting a response but for a different flight

Sounds like you took the refund instead of allowing Wizz to bring you back[/QUOTE

I told them we have work on Monday my son has school we cannot just turn up to work a week late, i think a week doesn't come under the reasonable time to get you home they have to follow. so was told to travel with another airline and make a complaint when i got home, no other advice given that was the last time i have actually spoken to someone 5 weeks ago once you get home it cost nearly £1.50 a minute to speak to them

Acts of terrorism or sabotage
    Political or civil unrest
    Security risks
    Strikes (unrelated to the airline such as, airport staff, ground handlers, or air traffic control)
    Weather conditions incompatible with the safe operation of the flight
    Hidden manufacturing defects (a manufacturer recall that grounds a fleet of aircraft)

Just copied this from that site examples of Extraordinary Circumstances doesn't mention staff shortage which is what wizz quoted the issue as on bbc news , it cant be the airport staff as Ryan air fly the same route about 40 mins after wizz flight leaves and they left nearly on time both ways for the 3 weeks wizz didn't

[QUOTE=scooter;5320879]
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In the same situation and awaiting a response but for a different flight

Sounds like you took the refund instead of allowing Wizz to bring you back[/QUOTE

I told them we have work on Monday my son has school we cannot just turn up to work a week late, i think a week doesn't come under the reasonable time to get you home they have to follow. so was told to travel with another airline and make a complaint when i got home, no other advice given that was the last time i have actually spoken to someone 5 weeks ago once you get home it cost nearly £1.50 a minute to speak to them
    So unfortunately you probably are now stuck in limbo as agreed to cancel your flight with them

I think a reasonable time is up to 2 weeks.

I fly regularly with multiple airlines, Wizz are by far the worst in my experience, they still owe me credit from 2020 & my last flight with them was delayed by 5 hours, we waited on the plane all of that time. They are definitely “never again” for me also.

Currently both Lufthansa & KLM in serious trouble cancelling tens of flights & leaving people stranded

It was a few years ago. Hamburg airport went down due to a huge electricity outage. We were flying Eurowings Hamburg.....Dusseldorf/Dusseldorf..........Birmingham. Eurowings refunded the first leg before we got home (indeed, more than expected) and paid for the train from Hamburg to Dusseldorf. Just, very just, made the second leg flight and got home on time. Not sure how Eurowings are doing these days but we were very impressed with their response.

[QUOTE=WJ99mobile;5320896]

So unfortunately you probably are now stuck in limbo as agreed to cancel your flight with themtoa standrd

I think a reasonable time is up to 2 weeks.

If i had stayed an extra two weeks i would be looking for a new job now , Also they haven't paid my hotel bill for was £162 a night after we downgraded to a standard room for 3 ,so that would be another £2268 which is more expensive than the flights we bought Wizz are a horrible company to deal with i hope Aviation ADR Can sort it out