+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mick Lynch RMT Gen Sec

International

Re: Mick Lynch RMT Gen Sec

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How does a person train to be a plumber which is a minimum of three years with a placement, and in doing so, have to take time off work to do so, putting themselves in further poverty and debt. Maybe the government should give them 90 grand for the three years while they train in whatever it is that they want to do in order to improve their standing in life. Sadly, that money would have to be found somewhere, Tax increase maybe, although that would make us all poorer while these people prosper. It's a conundrum, that's for sure.

Don't become a plumber then if you haven't got the money for the training, become something else like a HGV driver, the World is your oyster!

Replies are generic and may not apply to some people, but should apply to most!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Why on Earth should someone be disadvantaged for being risk averse? Some would call it a virtue. Just how many gamblers have been left penniless and desolate over the years?
    Because it's a big bad World and if you don't get yourself out of a porely paid dead end job, no one else will!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Don't become a plumber then if you haven't got the money for the training, become something else like a HGV driver, the World is your oyster!

Replies are generic and may not apply to some people, but should apply to most!
    https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ectations.html

£1500

Those courses are mostly shite

You become a plasterer or a dry liner through being taught properly not spending a week flying through too much information

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Those courses are mostly shite

You become a plasterer or a dry liner through being taught properly not spending a week flying through too much information
    which is what I always thought ( being a time served carpenter ) but the way the industry is, they need bodies, so if its a " foot in the door " then its got to be a start

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    which is what I always thought ( being a time served carpenter ) but the way the industry is, they need bodies, so if its a " foot in the door " then its got to be a start
    Bring em in from Poland

Oh no hold on a minute

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bring em in from Poland

Oh no hold on a minute
    Or provide opportunity for younger people to rise above minimum wage and learn a trade..

I don't want badly trained carpenters building houses

Starmer OUT

MIck IN

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Starmer OUT

MIck IN

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Starmer OUT

MIck IN
    Would he be interested?
    It would be fantastic and a jolt that the Labour Party has needed for a good while.

I'm not sure how he would go down with the Novara Media crowd...but I believe that he would almost certainly win back the lost "red wall".

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Would he be interested?
    It would be fantastic and a jolt that the Labour Party has needed for a good while.

I'm not sure how he would go down with the Novara Media crowd...but I believe that he would almost certainly win back the lost "red wall".

Another strike. This one impacts me a lot as I am supposed to be travelling across the country from a short holiday with my children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62154070

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Another strike. This one impacts me a lot as I am supposed to be travelling across the country from a short holiday with my children.

Taxi it is then Jimbo, although it'll take ****ing ages to get home what with these 20mph speed limits in place

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Taxi it is then Jimbo, although it'll take ****ing ages to get home what with these 20mph speed limits in place
    I will laugh at your well crafted joke once I have calmed down a little

I will laugh at your well crafted joke once I have calmed down a little
    I do feel for you, especially with kids, hard work. Mega bus?

Use the family helicopter James

And now the underpaid Train Drivers :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62121258

It's almost calculated .