+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby out of the brown n sticky?

Derby out of the brown n sticky?

Stadium sold and loan in place:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61923835

Re: Derby out of the brown n sticky?

A local owner, not a massive moneyman though ( as in silly mega rich )

I wonder if this will be a " quick flip "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    A local owner, not a massive moneyman though ( as in silly mega rich )

I wonder if this will be a " quick flip "
    Quick as in " get promoted" and sell on? I get the impression he may stick around for longer. Presuming the sale goes through.

I’ve got no desire to see Derby dissolved but the EFL have taken the mick a bit with how many second chances they’ve allowed and deadlines to be missed. Bury certainly didn’t get the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’ve got no desire to see Derby dissolved but the EFL have taken the mick a bit with how many second chances they’ve allowed and deadlines to be missed. Bury certainly didn’t get the same treatment.
    Derby won't get Bury'd. I'm sure they would be allowed to carry on next season with a points deduction albeit under difficult circumstances. Looks like they will survive.....just.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Quick as in " get promoted" and sell on? I get the impression he may stick around for longer. Presuming the sale goes through.
    get to challenge for the prem and then sell, seems the football world see them as a big thing and im sure some rich arab / American would love them

surely he doesn't have the money to blow on getting to / surviving in the prem league

Bit iffy selling your ground to a property developer !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Look what happened to Wimbledon when Hammam was in charge , ruined them.

I think he (Hammam) also wanted control of the retail units at Leckwith but was overruled by the then Liberal Democrat council leader

Never in doubt was it? I havent been following that closely but mainly as i always felt they would sort something. Extended deadline after extended deadline etc.....

They are still in admin and unable to sign players as yet.

They could be in for a real tough season.

I see contracted players have been seeking legal advice. If they come out of administration under a new company ownership, their contracts are null and void. So, no (or just a handful) senior contracted players, no ST sales, no manager, no money to pay off creditors and the possibility of a 15 point deduction to start the season. What a mess. At least we have a team, albeit recent arrivals akin to the Dirty Dozen! May be a while before we go to Pride Park, again.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Especially to a guy who hasn't got the cash to buy the club as well as the stadium. So, basically, Derby are where they were last April.

Looks like he's managed to buy the club as well as the stadium now https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61944731

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Looks like he's managed to buy the club as well as the stadium now https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61944731
    Which bit of the report said that. He is stadium owner and preferential bidder to take them out of administration. When he has bought off the creditors to the satisfaction of Mel Morris's appointed adminstrators. biggest creditor...Mel Morris, then he can take control of the football club.

On the positive note for Derby, although he made his money from property development he seems a genuine fan and someone living in the local community seeking to make a fast buck without moving beyond the reach of people who would make his remaining life a misery seems a bit remote.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Which bit of the report said that. He is stadium owner and preferential bidder to take them out of administration. When he has bought off the creditors to the satisfaction of Mel Morris's appointed adminstrators. biggest creditor...Mel Morris, then he can take control of the football club.

On the positive note for Derby, although he made his money from property development he seems a genuine fan and someone living in the local community seeking to make a fast buck without moving beyond the reach of people who would make his remaining life a misery seems a bit remote.
    Preferred bidder status only at this stage. Completes on Wednesday IF he has come up with the cash. Hopefully for Rams fans ,and the sake of the club, he's not another Kirchner. Training starts tomorrow. 2.5 senior players a side!