+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyler Roberts

Re: Tyler Roberts

We were linked with him in January 2021 according to WOL - if you Google search Tyler Roberts Cardiff City

Played 47 premier league games over the last 2 seasons? Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tyler Roberts scored 6 of Leeds' 181 goals in the Championship and Premier League over the last three seasons.
    Those statistics mean absolutely nothing. How many games did he start and how many times did he come on as a sub. I would think that the answer to both would be not many.

I think he would be a good solid signing.

is the link with him real or a wind-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Ask yourself this: is he even marginally better than Collins, Watters or Harris? 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️
    Are you kidding?. He might not be a goalscorer but hes a better footballer than those 3 combined.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Those statistics mean absolutely nothing. How many games did he start and how many times did he come on as a sub. I would think that the answer to both would be not many.
    Do you really think that the number of goals an attacking player has scored in the last three seasons mean "absolutely nothing"?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Do you really think that the number of goals an attacking player has scored in the last three seasons mean "absolutely nothing"?
    Was chatting to a Leeds fan earlier, my colleague.

He made the point that Tyler was often used as a sub when Leeds were chasing a game or even getting thumped and in random positions. Thrown up front or out wide or a bit deeper. He's not convinced he's an out and out striker who could score regularly in the Premierleague, but thinks a stint as a number 9 in the championship would suit him... Consistent game time and confidence could do him wonders.

Although I think I've just wasted a few minutes of my life responding, as I am not even sure the source of the story that we are in for him is reliable.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The one thing in his favour is his age. 23, means he has it all to prove, because next stop is league 1 if he doesn't do it for us. People are sceptical and i get that considering his goal scoring record, but that can sometime be circumstantial, we don't know what his role as a striker has been, we don't know if he's been the one running the lines in order to create space for the main striker, without seeing him play or what he has been expected to do then it's difficult to come to any concrete conclusions on Roberts. You never know....
    Good point about his age and us not knowing his role as a striker. I like the lad and would be very happy to see him in a Cardiff shirt.

It’s fake news.

He’s in Ibiza at the moment apparently - so can hardly be on the way for a medical

So someone posted he was having a medical and sourced the athletic. Just picked up from there

Guess our number 9 will have to be Bale