+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade

Re: Roe v Wade

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christians are idiots
    what a strange thing to say if we changed christian to another religion or maybe a race, you would be in melt down at the offence that might cause , yet you feel its ok to say it about christians, who must have many millions amongst them who do decent things every day, for example, many church groups run " food drops for the homeless " set up a few tables in a multi-storey car park and dish out warm soup and a bread roll, warm clothes etc etc

I just listen to these Christians and am staggered

There's a faith show on BBC called Sunday Morning Live

There was a woman from Ukraine on there a few moments ago who was asked does what's happening in her country make her question God ? She replied......I never question God

And a mother whose young son was found collapsed at home and remains in a coma was thanking God for his help and guidance ?

I am afraid that whilst I can understand their faith may give them comfort they are clearly deluded .

And the pro life types in America are a classic example of the danger of promoting faith over science .

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    what a strange thing to say if we changed christian to another religion or maybe a race, you would be in melt down at the offence that might cause , yet you feel its ok to say it about christians, who must have many millions amongst them who do decent things every day, for example, many church groups run " food drops for the homeless " set up a few tables in a multi-storey car park and dish out warm soup and a bread roll, warm clothes etc etc
    Christians do not have a monopoly on doing good work , in fact a lot of these good acts are done to get a place in paradise , are they not

As I said misguided and deluded would have been kinder but Christian, Muslim , Catholic , it's all crazy

I just listen to these Christians and am staggered

There's a faith show on BBC called Sunday Morning Live

There was a woman from Ukraine on there a few moments ago who was asked does what's happening in her country make her question God ? She replied......I never question God

And a mother whose young son was found collapsed at home and remains in a coma was thanking God for his help and guidance ?

I am afraid that whilst I can understand their faith may give them comfort they are clearly deluded .
    thats the point, if it gives them comfort and happiness, doesn't hurt / harm anyone else, then surely its all good, a house down my lane are often in the local towns car park in the winter with a camping stove warming soup and giving the homeless a cuppa coffee / tea / hot chocolate, they wouldn't harm a fly, they know 100% they are going upstairs when they pass, it makes them happy

Christians do not have a monopoly on doing good work
    of course they do not, I never said they did, but if a Christian does good work in the name of faith, then surely thats a good thing ? ? ?

thats the point, if it gives them comfort and happiness, doesn't hurt / harm anyone else, then surely its all good, a house down my lane are often in the local towns car park in the winter with a camping stove warming soup and giving the homeless a cuppa coffee / tea / hot chocolate, they wouldn't harm a fly, they know 100% they are going upstairs when they pass, it makes them happy
    Well clearly religion is doing a whole lot of harm .......and not giving comfort but spreading hate ......in the American abortion debate

And all over the world in examples such as the persecution of homosexuals in Africa and The Middle East

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    you think Texas is bigger than California or New York? If Texas seceded, then the US political landscape would change overnight.
    If one goes they all go.

of course they do not, I never said they did, but if a Christian does good work in the name of faith, then surely thats a good thing ? ? ?
    You said many of them did good things

I would argue people of no faith do plenty of good things which are completely altruistic

People do good things because they are good people ......not because they are religious or called to by God

Misguided would have been kinder
    I don't think all Christians, as is the same for all religions, should be tarred with the same brush. There's good and bad in all walks of life. Just as religious people don't have a monopoly on being able to do good.

Well clearly religion is doing a whole lot of harm .......and not giving comfort but spreading hate ......in the American abortion debate

And all over the world in examples such as the persecution of homosexuals in Africa and The Middle East
    so we judge everyone on the actions of a minority , fair enough

You said many of them did good things

I would argue people of no faith do plenty of good things which are completely altruistic

People do good things because they are good people ......not because they are religious or called to by God
    so people who do good because of the faith they have would ultimately done the same good deed without faith, we of course can not prove that, they could well have done the same good deed, but if faith pushes / persuades them to do good / better themselves then surely you can see no harm in that

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I don't think all Christians, as is the same for all religions, should be tarred with the same brush. There's good and bad in all walks of life. Just as religious people don't have a monopoly on being able to do good.
    As I said , misguided would have been kinder

The question here is if religion wasn't such a force in right wing America......would yesterdays shocking decision have happened ?

Obviously not

It's certainly not a force for good in so many respects

I believe some people who are religious do good things because of their faith and their hoped for destination wherever that may be not because they want to do good things.

so we judge everyone on the actions of a minority , fair enough
    I bet the majority of Christians support the abolition of abortion in America

And lots here too

It's certainly not a minority

Do you think it's just a few nutters ?

Did Jesus spread hate? I suggest the hate spreaders who claim to be Christians don’t understand Christianity any more than you do.

I believe some people who are religious do good things because of their faith and their hoped for destination wherever that may be not because they want to do good things.
    Well we can remove religion then and just all be good

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Did Jesus spread hate? I suggest the hate spreaders who claim to be Christians don’t understand Christianity any more than you do.
    I have no idea wether he spread hate or not . All we have is written by people hundreds of years after his apparent death .that's if he existed.

As I said , misguided would have been kinder

The question here is if religion wasn't such a force in right wing America......would yesterdays shocking decision have happened ?

Obviously not

It's certainly not a force for good in so many respects
    It absolutely wouldn't have happened had some Christians not been able to galvanise a movement and effectively take over one of the two political parties in the US (and the courts).

People who use religion for their own gains causes so many problems (wars, persecution, division, etc). Greed is the other main cause.

I have no idea wether he spread hate or not . All we have is written by people hundreds of years after his apparent death .that's if he existed.
    Ok then. Do you think Robin Hood was a good man?

What about Atilla the Hun?

It absolutely wouldn't have happened had some Christians not been able to galvanise a movement and effectively take over one of the two political parties in the US (and the courts).

People who use religion for their own gains causes so many problems (wars, persecution, division, etc) as well as being a force for good. Greed is the other main cause.
    The thing is , these people in many cases believe that their anti abortion stance is taught them by God .

I think the point I am trying to make here is the existence and influence of religion is the problem in American society , maybe not the stupidity of the American courts

Just get rid of all of it

After you’ve answered the other questions above, just pretend for a moment that what you have read about Jesus was about a real person, was he good or bad in your view? Or is your view so ignorant that you regularly pronounce on something you have absolutely no knowledge of?

Was he one of the disciples ?

After you’ve answered the other questions above, just pretend for a moment that what you have read about Jesus was about a real person, was he good or bad in your view? Or is your view so ignorant that you regularly pronounce on something you have absolutely no knowledge of?
    What knowledge do you have of someone who ....apparently .....lived 2000 years ago .....that I don't have ?

How can I be ignorant of for example his miracles .....when there is no evidence they took place and there is no evidence of God carrying out his work to this day ? How can I be ignorant ? It's no good coming up with assertions that need to be based on fact ....when you have none .

What knowledge do you have of someone who ....apparently .....lived 2000 years ago .....that I don't have ?

How can I be ignorant of for example his miracles .....when there is no evidence they took place and there is no evidence of God carrying out his work to this day ? How can I be ignorant ? It's no good coming up with assertions that need to be based on fact ....when you have none .
    I rest my case and give up. Good night.