+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roe v Wade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Roe v Wade

Look at that. An actual argument. Good for you.

Of course, bacteria will not become a human being. The fetus will. It is a human being in embryo, which raises the question of whether it deserves protection in the same way that a born child, who is an adult in embryo, is worthy of protection. And so, we return to the vexing question of timing — at what point in the gestational or developmental process do we deem a biologically human entity worthy of protection?

These are not easy questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Look at that. An actual argument. Good for you.

Of course, bacteria will not become a human being. The fetus will. It is a human being in embryo, which raises the question of whether it deserves protection in the same way that a born child, who is an adult in embryo, is worthy of protection. And so, we return to the vexing question of timing — at what point in the gestational or developmental process do we deem a biologically human entity worthy of protection?

These are not easy questions.
    Women have abortions for good reasons. They don't just fancy killing a human.

If a woman is pregnated through rape, why should her only choice be to carry the baby for 9 months and deliver it?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

If a woman is pregnated through rape, why should her only choice be to carry the baby for 9 months and deliver it?
    (Impregnated, sorry. In b4 TBG)

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Is this fact or opinion, because I know a few girls who just wanted to enjoy life without any consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is this fact or opinion, because I know a few girls who just wanted to enjoy life without any consequences.
    I didn't ask to be born in the first place. Not that it would have made any difference because I wouldn't have been sentient at the time.

Anyway, I'm off to deal with this quantum singularity that's been bugging me for a while.

Edit: and a life without consequences sounds awesome. In fact, if I wasn't alive, I wouldn't be in so much f*cking pain. It's kind of a circular argument.

Also all this from a country with no universal healthcare. So a young woman who maybe can't afford medical insurance would now be forced into giving birth, which on average costs between $5000 and $11000 out there if it's a vaginal pregnancy with no complications. If it's a C Section then make it between $7500 and $14000. God help you if the baby's premature, or needs aftercare.

So now this young mother now has a baby, thousands upon thousands of dollar of debt and all the cost involved with raising a child ahead of her. What sort of life is that kid going to have? And all because some dinosaurs who pretend they give a shit about life think they have the right to tell women what to do with their bodies. It's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Also all this from a country with no universal healthcare. So a young woman who maybe can't afford medical insurance would now be forced into giving birth, which on average costs between $5000 and $11000 out there if it's a vaginal pregnancy with no complications. If it's a C Section then make it between $7500 and $14000. God help you if the baby's premature, or needs aftercare.

So now this young mother now has a baby, thousands upon thousands of dollar of debt and all the cost involved with raising a child ahead of her. What sort of life is that kid going to have? And all because some dinosaurs who pretend they give a shit about life think they have the right to tell women what to do with their bodies. It's disgusting.
    This. Rich white girls will continue to have safe abortions no matter what state they live in. Brett Kavanagh has two teenage daughters. You think if they end up at some frat party and meet Brett Kavanagh 2.0 they'll carry a baby to term before they're 20. No ****ing way.