Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
Too bad you didn't weigh in earlier with your certainty. This is the very issue that has been debated in the United States since 1973. You could have saved Americans a lot of trouble. It would help, though, if you could further clarify when the 'foetus' does become a 'baby.' Is it the moment of birth, as contrasted with one second or one minute earlier? Is it the point of "viability?" Is it conception? America has wrestled passionately and sincerely with these profound issues. The Supreme Court has said, essentially, 'We don't know, and will no longer pretend to know. The people can decide for themselves, in their particular states.'
You prefer Wales Bales' 'facts' and certainties to mine, and approve the Supreme Court decision?

OK - I think that is a very bad and sad place to be - but your choice (although obviously not a woman's choice!)

But help me out by pointing to any dictionary definition of the word baby that includes the foetus state. I have looked and cannot find. I am not talking about whether a foetus would be viable or not - that is a different question. My response to Wales Bales was about his use of the word, and then doubling down with claiming it was 'a fact', and so not open to debate.