+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How long can football clubs to exist without crowds?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How long can football clubs to exist without crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You are too kind, sir. Before I was aware of the situation a few days ago I had the intention of watching one of the three Egyptian Premier League games being played in Cairo tomorrow and Wednesday evening,one of them being Zamalek. By coincidence, a male gynaecologist who is a Zamalek fan, accepted my request to couchsurf with him on those two nights. My registration for a Egyptian fan ID was initially approved but it's now held up due to my Covid passes needing to be approved.
    I can't see me being able to attend even if my application were to be approved as I understand that only 1,000 home fans are permitted to attend.

It would be rather devoid of atmosphere too if you see what the stadium looks like:
    1280px-Panorma_Cairo_Stadium.jpg
    Well good luck (getting in and stay safe if you do!), I must admit, it'll be quite an experience and I do like going to neutral matches to mix it up as it's a completely different football perspective. Talking of perspective, I know that's a wide-angle shot of the stadium but those types of stadia drive me nuts. I like to be close to the action and the huge perimeters between the pitch and the fans puts me off them.

I follow the Greek Super league (AEK Athens) and watch it whenever I find a stream but the grounds are often too big (or the crowds are too small!) and there's little atmosphere on TV. I've got a trip planned this winter. Mrs Citizen is running a half-marathon (she's building up to the Marathon for next year) and I of course will be exercising my best Greek so I can order a cocktails while I cheer her on from a Taverna. It's going to be tough.... but I've got this!

Re: How long can football clubs to exist without crowds?

Well after the outpouring during Corvid from top clubs due to the empty stadium according to the players / managers it would die ??

I would personally not bother watching the City on TV , the terrace culture is the buzz for me plus the social interaction side either side of the game .