+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When Harry Met Sally

When Harry Met Sally

On BBB Now

Very touching film in my opinion

Meg Ryan looks great in certain moments

But what surprised me was Carrie Fisher

I thought she looked great for an older woman in the film

I have just googled it and she was indeed an older woman to Meg Ryan's 26 ......she was 31

Jesus Christ

Re: When Harry Met Sally

In this crazy 2022 world of ours Meg Ryan faking orgasm is considered as ground breaking, and sexy, but if Billy Crystal pretended to pull his knob out in a restaurant and fake masturbation. he’d be instantly arrested and called a pervert.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    In this crazy 2022 world of ours Meg Ryan faking orgasm is considered as ground breaking, and sexy, but if Billy Crystal pretended to pull his knob out in a restaurant and fake masturbation. he’d be instantly arrested and called a pervert.
    It's the kind of double standards that have brought this country down

Clint Eastwood was 40 in Dirty Harry

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's the kind of double standards that have brought this country down

Clint Eastwood was 40 in Dirty Harry
    Clint Eastwood is a different species.

He was nearly 80 in Gran Torino and still the coolest cat in town.

Billy Crystal and Clint Eastwood don’t belong in the same sentence ffs.

Clint Eastwood is a different species.

He was nearly 80 in Gran Torino and still the coolest cat in town.

Billy Crystal and Clint Eastwood don’t belong in the same sentence ffs.
    I just dropped Clint in there

It was Carrie Fisher that caught my eye

She's snuffed it now as well

Everyone's at it

I just dropped Clint in there

It was Carrie Fisher that caught my eye

She's snuffed it now as well

Everyone's at it
    Carrie Fisher was Bipolar and seriously ill for long periods of her career. She was hospitalised during psychotic episodes. By all accounts she was loved by her peers and greatly admired. I remember Stephen Fry interviewing her during a two-part documentary he did on Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression). She campaigned a lot and spoke about mental health issues when nobody was doing that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Carrie Fisher was Bipolar and seriously ill for long periods of her career. She was hospitalised during psychotic episodes. By all accounts she was loved by her peers and greatly admired. I remember Stephen Fry interviewing her during a two-part documentary he did on Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression). She campaigned a lot and spoke about mental health issues when nobody was doing that kind of thing.
    Absolutely , Postcards From The Edge was her autobiography

And an extremely attractive woman

Absolutely , Postcards From The Edge was her autobiography

And an extremely attractive woman
    She was very upset by the media ridiculing her weight gain which was down to the medication she was on. It was very cruel.

It's amazing she wrote the screenplay for Postcards From The Edge 1987 too, it was way ahead of its time. Ten years before that she was in Star Wars! Oh, and for any fans of Family Guy (of which I am one) she regularly voiced characters in that series. I think she was brilliant.

She was very upset by the media ridiculing her weight gain which was down to the medication she was on. It was very cruel.

It's amazing she wrote the screenplay for Postcards From The Edge 1987 too, it was way ahead of its time. Ten years before that she was in Star Wars! Oh, and for any fans of Family Guy (of which I am one) she regularly voiced characters in that series. I think she was brilliant.
    She was indeed . She was very unwell when interviewed by Stephen Fry in that documentary . It was very sad to see . The lithium and anti psychotic she was on clearly had dreadful side effects .

Richard Dreyfuss , also interviewed in that programme showed the incredible intensity of people with that condition which is why so many end up actors , musicians , teachers , scientists , artists etc

She was indeed . She was very unwell when interviewed by Stephen Fry in that documentary . It was very sad to see . The lithium and anti psychotic she was on clearly had dreadful side effects .

Richard Dreyfuss , also interviewed in that programme showed the incredible intensity of people with that condition which is why so many end up actors , musicians , teachers , scientists , artists etc
    Richard Dreyfuss, who narrated the Stand By Me film, arguably one of the greatest films of its generation.

Richard Dreyfuss, who narrated the Stand By Me film, arguably one of the greatest films of its generation.
    Same director as when Harry Met Sally

Brilliant film. Brilliant actor. 'Whose Life Is It Anyway?' (1981) is a film that hardly gets a mention these days, but much like Postcards From The Edge, was ahead of its time.

Same director as when Harry Met Sally
    Thankfully didn’t need to use smut to get a reaction on SBM

Thankfully didn’t need to use smut to get a reaction on SBM
    And of course Spinal Tap

The greatest film of all time

And of course Spinal Tap

The greatest film of all time
    Do you know, I hadn't realised until recently that Michael MacKeen who plays David in ST is Chuck in Better Call Saul! I'me sure you know they were all musicians and actually played on the soundtrack. That film has really aged well too.

Do you know, I hadn't realised until recently that Michael MacKeen who plays David in ST is Chuck in Better Call Saul! I'me sure you know they were all musicians and actually played on the soundtrack. That film has really aged well too.
    Spinal Tap is class

The off the wall one liners were all ad libbed

1984 , where have all the years gone

About 5 years ago I saw Meg Ryan walking hand in hand with some bloke at Downtown Disney. She looks much better in real life than on the TV.