+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: George Carlin religion

Re: George Carlin religion

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not a phase , people have questioned the fantasy of God since man .....invented it ....we have been here for years
    You say "since man invented it" like it's a *gotcha* moment. Who invented man?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    You've lost it.
    But if you think i went too far by declaring you as mentally unstable, i will retract it providing you explain our existence. And don't come at me with "accidental big bang and life is meaningless" rubbish.
    Translation: I'm a superior life form and my pop psychiatric evaluation of you will be revised if you can explain the meaning of god, the universe and everything.

They're just very superficial thinkers, jumping on the "next thing"
    Sadly when I was younger the “next thing” was being indoctrinated into this cult. Thank **** I grew up and got a mind of my own. The most freeing thing I ever did was to realise it’s all bollox.

Our creator is eternal and not from our dimension.
    Did he just create us, those places and peoples where Judaism, Christianity and Islam dominate or did he create the Hindus, Buddhists and Shinto devotees as well? If so why are they worshipping a different set of gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Somebody in LA prayed harder!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Did he just create us, those places and peoples where Judaism, Christianity and Islam dominate or did he create the Hindus, Buddhists and Shinto devotees as well? If so why are they worshipping a different set of gods?
    I'm more of an earthy kind of Gaia.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He’ll ignore that one, buries his head like an ostrich when the hard questions come out.

Also Mr Humanist. Why didn't you answer my question? I know you saw it
    Thanks.

If I recall your question was something like could god exist? Yes, but without any evidence I don't live my life as if he does.

Also Mr Humanist. Why didn't you answer my question? I know you saw it
    God doesn't die and he comes from elsewhere?

Gallefrey?

Are there about 8 of him ?

Am I close ?

God is all kind and caring

But if you don't go to his church and worship him then you can't go to heaven ?

That's a bit harsh !

However if you have killed lots of people but say sorry for your sins ........you can go to heaven ?

I think God is very confused or he's been drinking

Just seen that Ashley Cain fella on Instagram who lost his baby daughter. Tragic story. He’s Saying a prayer thanking God for giving him the gift of the child and for him to hold her in his grasp.

No mention of the fact that God was the thing that took her away in the first place…..oh no, I forgot, he only does the good stuff. It’s a mental illness.

Where does it say in the Bible that we should import cheap labour to surpress wages for the benefit of international finance. Or destroy a culture and people through mass immigration? Here's a clue, it doesn’t. To me As a Catholic, Mass immigration is chaos, the work of the devil and not order, the work of God.
    He says quite clearly to welcome and love foreigners, something which you are quite clearly defying Him about

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Who created the dimension that God is from?
    He is an eternal spirit where the word eternal means always will exist and always has. This is totally outside out own experience of time, matter and space; so it's perflectly understandable that we would ask questions* that would relate to our dimension when we have no experience of God's natural realm.

* Like who created his dimension, because He created our temporary dimension.

* Some scientists believe that our present reality is a computer program, not unlike the holodeck seen on Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Just seen that Ashley Cain fella on Instagram who lost his baby daughter. Tragic story. He’s Saying a prayer thanking God for giving him the gift of the child and for him to hold her in his grasp.

No mention of the fact that God was the thing that took her away in the first place…..oh no, I forgot, he only does the good stuff. It’s a mental illness.
    I despair at these type of people

Absolutely brain washed

If a poorly kid is saved by the wisdom of the doctors ......God gave that wisdom

If the kid passes away, God wanted them for heaven

It's absolutely staggering

There really is no point in engaging with these people

I despair at these type of people

Absolutely brain washed

If a poorly kid is saved by the wisdom of the doctors ......God gave that wisdom

If the kid passes away, God wanted them for heaven

It's absolutely staggering

There really is no point in engaging with these people
    You've never actually engaged with anyone seriously - mission accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post

Would you rather him be angry, hateful and vengeful, or using his faith in a positive way? I don't believe in god, but you have no place in insulting that man for the way he interprets life.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    You've never actually engaged with anyone seriously - mission accomplished
    I can't engage with you

You have been asked countless times to show physical proof of God but you can't

It's a simple question

God is omnipresent and omnipotent

Bring him to us non believers

Show us evidence of his existence

You cannot

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Would you rather him be angry, hateful and vengeful, or using his faith in a positive way? I don't believe in god, but you have no place in insulting that man for the way he interprets life.
    I don't think he has

I think people who believe in God to the point that they think everything is down to him are deluded and have been brainwashed

Rolex watches are actually there , in your hand , wether imitation or not , they exist

These gods or God are imaginary ......unless you can introduce me to one in which case I will be down the church next Sunday

I don't want words from the bible ......let's have proof of God
    But nobody can provide proof either that there is no God.

I don't think he has

I think people who believe in God to the point that they think everything is down to him are deluded and have been brainwashed
    He said that believing in God is a "Mental Illness"

I remember an old lady in Italy who, after being saved from under a collapsed building, thanked God for her survival. Unfortunately, others perished in that incident.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    But nobody can provide proof either that there is no God.
    Well I don't know if you are a Christian or not but that's the typical response

Prove to me that this thing that you want having the final say over everything and rules your life actually exists ?

Christian .......I dont have to or you prove to me that he doesn't! It's a joke really and why debating the existence of God is a waste of time . More ducking and diving than a boxer

He said that believing in God is a "Mental Illness"
    Well it's certainly delusional it could be argued

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember an old lady in Italy who, after being saved from under a collapsed building, thanked God for her survival. Unfortunately, others perished in that incident.
    They didn't pray enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He says quite clearly to welcome and love foreigners, something which you are quite clearly defying Him about
    You're not an expert in scripture so aim your sights a touch lower, nobody is convinced by this little act.

There's no mention in the Bible of mass immigration to every European descent nation on Earth, no mention of cheap labour under cutting natives or the destruction of cultures to the benefit of big business.
    I'm a bit sympathetic to Nobel Peace Prize winner The Dalai Lama when he says "Receive them, help them, educate them... but ultimately they should develop their own country,"

"I think Europe belongs to the Europeans,"
    "they ultimately should rebuild their own country"

You're just a little shit anyway i don't know why i even bother with you. As yet, i doubt you're too affected by all the problems that come with mass immigration. It's all theory for you in your Middle Class bubble, policing the message board for "wrong think"