+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: George Carlin religion

Re: George Carlin religion

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think you are totally missing the point.
    I probably am....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    ... It's a joke really and why debating the existence of God is a waste of time .
    Couldn't agree more. Though I'd happily chip in for either side for a couple of pints.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    One man's immigration is another's Exodus I suppose.
    Very good

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Don't start me on evolution, another irrational system.
    If you believe in evolution, explain how a bumble bee will continually grow a wing that had no practical use until 75% complete.
    Why, under natural selection would a bee keep selecting for an adaptation that has no use. A 1% Bee wing has no use so why keep selecting for it over generations?
    Evolution doesn’t have foresight. Earlier wings could have been used for rowing and skimming across the surface of water. Some insects still use wings primarily for this purpose today. Natural selection could then result in improved propulsion efficiency and techniques over time to a stage where some insects evolved to spontaneously hop off the surface of water - and these inherited advantageous traits resulted in descendants eventually adapting further to winged-based flight. So wings used for other purposes by ancestors eventually adapted for flight through opportunity and evolutionary advantage, not with flight in mind from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Evolution doesn’t have foresight. Earlier wings could have been used for rowing and skimming across the surface of water. Some insects still use wings primarily for this purpose today. Natural selection could then result in improved propulsion efficiency and techniques over time to a stage where some insects evolved to spontaneously hop off the surface of water - and these inherited advantageous traits resulted in descendants eventually adapting further to winged-based flight. So wings used for other purposes by ancestors eventually adapted for flight through opportunity and evolutionary advantage, not with flight in mind from the outset.
    Hello Baloo. I don't think Bee's wings were used for rowing or skimming across water. If they were, they'd still be able to do it today. They'd also be placed lower on the body enabling actual contact with water. And the wing material would be more like a flipper.
    Also, wouldn't it be a huge co incidence that an appendage supposedly perfectly adapted for "paddling" in water, is also perfect for flight.
    These are harsh Darwinian selective pressures, the idea that a bee's wing was continually selected for because it could "paddle a bit" is a bit flimsy.

From what i gather, you accept that God could exist.
    With that in mind he could be responsible for creating all human life.
    When Quantum physicists suggest that we are living in a hologram, are part of parallel universes or that our whole existence is a complex mathematical equation being played out in a pre ordained fashion(God). Anything is possible, what ever the truth it will be absolutely mind blowing. I just wish people would open their minds a bit

Hello Baloo. I don't think Bee's wings were used for rowing or skimming across water. If they were, they'd still be able to do it today. They'd also be placed lower on the body enabling actual contact with water. And the wing material would be more like a flipper.
    Also, wouldn't it be a huge co incidence that an appendage supposedly perfectly adapted for "paddling" in water, is also perfect for flight.
    These are harsh Darwinian selective pressures, the idea that a bee's wing was continually selected for because it could "paddle a bit" is a bit flimsy.

From what i gather, you accept that God could exist.
    With that in mind he could be responsible for creating all human life.
    When Quantum physicists suggest that we are living in a hologram, are part of parallel universes or that our whole existence is a complex mathematical equation being played out in a pre ordained fashion(God). Anything is possible, what ever the truth it will be absolutely mind blowing. I just wish people would open their minds a bit
    I think you’ve somewhat missed the point with evolutionary adaptation, but fine I don’t think I can state it any more clearly.

I only stated god could exist but there’s no evidence. I’m afraid this does not imply it’s a special case that raises the possibility in my mind above anything else I would also say I don’t believe exists. It’s merely a way of describing how I would approach deciding.

I'm using logic and reason to prove God (our creator)exists. If you object to my logic explain how you create something(our universe) from nothing...in science that is not possible.

What to you are the most profound words ever written?
    Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King
    When someone starts saying they are using logic disguised as opinion I think (therefore) they (note not gender-specific) are a troll Sludge and we're just on a feeding frenzy.

Logic is a science that studies and uses the principles of correct reasoning. Logic is deducing that two truths imply a third truth e.g. logic is the process of coming to the conclusion of who stole an item based on who was in the room at the time. It's not opinion. The whole thing has veered off into some weird anti-immigration rant which I suspect is what's really driving them.

CN aka the antichrist.

International

If you believe in evolution, explain how a bumble bee will continually grow a wing that had no practical use until 75% complete.
    Why, under natural selection would a bee keep selecting for an adaptation that has no use. A 1% Bee wing has no use so why keep selecting for it over generations?
    you talk shite and you proved it.
    One of the tenets of religion is that "God" gave man free will and that is the argument all zealots use when they are asked why god allows men to do horrendous things.
    But in post 156 of this thread when it suits your ridiculous stupid argument you clearly state that another posted didn't do "what he liked" but did " what god intends him to do!!" A complete denial of the principle of free will.

You can't have it both ways. Oh but I forgot you're a so called christian, you can have it which ever way suits your argument today and then change it for tomorrows argument.
    You can do that because you have the free will to choose,
    oh hang on no... you do it because that's what god intends.. oh hang on......

Stop talking shite, you make yourself look even more stupid than you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    When someone starts saying they are using logic disguised as opinion I think (therefore) they (note not gender-specific) are a troll Sludge and we're just on a feeding frenzy.

Logic is a science that studies and uses the principles of correct reasoning. Logic is deducing that two truths imply a third truth e.g. logic is the process of coming to the conclusion of who stole an item based on who was in the room at the time. It's not opinion. The whole thing has veered off into some weird anti-immigration rant which I suspect is what's really driving them.

CN aka the antichrist.
    I won't repeat it again but if you can't see my logic and reason concerning the metaphysics of creation you are completely ignorant to the point of being wilfully blind.

SLUDGE'S race obsession is his religion yet lives in a white ethno town. Weird that.

I think you’ve somewhat missed the point with evolutionary adaptation, but fine I don’t think I can state it any more clearly.

I only stated god could exist but there’s no evidence. I’m afraid this does not imply it’s a special case that raises the possibility in my mind above anything else I would also say I don’t believe exists. It’s merely a way of describing how I would approach deciding.
    Talking of evolutionary adaptation I often wonder what that anti-immigration, proudly religious, pseudo-intellectual, booringly argumentative and deeply patronising RonnieBird evolved into since his user name no longer posts on this Board.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    you talk shite and you proved it.
    One of the tenets of religion is that "God" gave man free will and that is the argument all zealots use when they are asked why god allows men to do horrendous things.
    But in post 156 of this thread when it suits your ridiculous stupid argument you clearly state that another posted didn't do "what he liked" but did " what god intends him to do!!" A complete denial of the principle of free will.

You can't have it both ways. Oh but I forgot you're a so called christian, you can have it which ever way suits your argument today and then change it for tomorrows argument.
    You can do that because you have the free will to choose,
    oh hang on no... you do it because that's what god intends.. oh hang on......

Stop talking shite, you make yourself look even more stupid than you are!
    Hello snaggle. I agree we could have a degree of free will. But How much free will do we have? 50% Zero percent? Is our life completely pre ordained?
    Quantum physicists suggest that our existence could be a pre ordaned mathematical equation, that could be interpretated as God's plan could it not?
    What do you think?

Hello snaggle. I agree we could have a degree of free will. But How much free will do we have? 50% Zero percent? Is our life completely pre ordained?
    Quantum physicists suggest that our existence could be a pre ordaned mathematical equation, that could be interpretated as God's plan could it not?
    What do you think?

I think that you've missed the point. Under harsh Darwinian evolutionary pressures the adaptation will be best suited to aid survival. A poorly adapted make shift water paddle(wing) on the top of a bees body
    is not the best adaptation.
    Plus, you agree that God could exist so sit back and watch the atheists squirm as their belief system comes under scrutiny. Using logic and reason ofcourse.

I won't repeat it again but if you can't see my logic and reason concerning the metaphysics of creation you are completely ignorant to the point of being wilfully blind.

SLUDGE'S race obsession is his religion yet lives in a white ethno town. Weird that.
    I have no idea what a white ethno town is

If you are saying it's a town which is predominantly in this case .....white .....then I would say apart from Cardiff and Newport and Barry ......all ports.....almost every population centre in Wales is .....a white ethno town , is it not ?

Do you have to live in say inner city grangetown or Riverside to have an opinion on immigration ?

Where do you live ?

Don't be shy

I can prove that our creator exists using science. Within the laws of science you can NOT create something from nothing. Ergo, we were created from God.
    This is genuinely hilarious. Bravo.

don't you think that a fully formed mystical omnipotent being, that creates an entire universe specifically to interfere with a creature on one particular planet for a while before ****ing off and never being heard from again requires just a little bit more creating something from nothing than the alternative which just really requires mass and time to exist in this universe?
    what created your god?

Mine is only 37.5% complete.

I think that you've missed the point. Under harsh Darwinian evolutionary pressures the adaptation will be best suited to aid survival. A poorly adapted make shift water paddle(wing) on the top of a bees body
    Plus, you agree that God could exist so sit back and watch the atheists squirm as their belief system comes under scrutiny. Using logic and reason ofcourse.
    Not fairness and balance. This is all getting a bit disingenuous and a waste of time. Have fun.

I have no idea what a white ethno town is

If you are saying it's a town which is predominantly in this case .....white .....then I would say apart from Cardiff and Newport and Barry ......all ports.....almost every population centre in Wales is .....a white ethno town , is it not ?

Do you have to live in say inner city grangetown or Riverside to have an opinion on immigration ?

Where do you live ?

Don't be shy
    Cardiff itself is 84% white.

You think that people who don't believe in God squirm and that our belief system is creaking ?

The people I know who are not interested in God, the church and the rest of the party are into music , football , curry , the gym , giving money to the homeless

Basically living a normal life without wearing the I am a Christian badge

It's laughable that you think we squirm when dealing with delusionists like yourself.

I was at a party on Friday night eating great food , dancing with gorgeous women , listening to heavy rock and having great conversation

No mention of God, faith , sin , the bloody Bible, praying

Squirming 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    84% white and declining all the time. Now do the racial composition of Cowbridge.
    The HQ of SLUDGE'S new religion, i suppose his innate religious impulse has to go somewhere. His is the veneration of non whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    God knows how this guy would survive in Birmingham , Bradford or London

He wouldn't get off the train

I have lived in Bradford , it was a great laugh 😃

You think that people who don't believe in God squirm and that our belief system is creaking ?

The people I know who are not interested in God, the church and the rest of the party are into music , football , curry , the gym , giving money to the homeless

Basically living a normal life without wearing the I am a Christian badge

It's laughable that you think we squirm when dealing with delusionists like yourself.

I was at a party on Friday night eating great food , dancing with gorgeous women , listening to heavy rock and having great conversation

No mention of God, faith , sin , the bloody Bible, praying

Squirming 🤣
    If you had any shame you'd be squirming at your performance here. The fact you aren't squirming shows you're not even inyelligent enough to know when you're on the ropes. Ignirance is bliss i suppose lol

Martin Luther King is not a set of profound words. It's just a trendy name drop. Once again you have absolutely zero substance when pushed.

84% white and declining all the time. Now do the racial composition of Cowbridge.
    The HQ of SLUDGE'S new religion, i suppose his innate religious impulse has to go somewhere. His is the veneration of non whites.
    You really are a daft racist

Most people celebrate Cardiffs diversity

You sit at home sticking pins in dolls

So you are not going to tell us where you live then ?