+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: George Carlin religion

Re: George Carlin religion

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Yes, but who made man? God by any chance?
    No , no chance at all

God has feck all to do with evolution

Because he doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    About 3 to 4 percent of doctors and the like are religious

So not many at all
    Utter garbage.
    And when will the penny drop, religion is man-made, like evolution.
    The only guy who can rescue individuals is Christ Jesus, He rescued me 54 years ago.
    Relationship, not religion

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Utter garbage.
    And when will the penny drop, religion is man-made, like evolution.
    The only guy who can rescue individuals is Christ Jesus, He rescued me 54 years ago.
    Relationship, not religion
    Highly educated people like doctors and scientists are extremely unlikely to be religious and believe in the God myth .....because they can see what utter nonsense it all is

The figure is 3 to 4 percent

It switches for uneducated people .....no money .....no hope ? .......along come the holy people with the bible or whatever for you to read

Christianity is huge in Africa where many of the people are poor and uneducated ......thanks to your mates the missionaries spreading the word to vulnerable people

The Catholic Church did very well getting people to sign up in Ireland ......loads of poverty!

Check out the figures , it's true

Poorly educated people .......God botherers

Just seen that clip of that idiot in the hat outside an abortion clinic in Newry, Northern Ireland with his stupid placard and his mates with crucifixes and rosary beads , telling the reporter that the doctors deliver MANY babies that were first thought to be likely to be disabled

I mean what utter twisted feckwits are these people ?

He's got no idea of the facts yet gets his gormless stupid face on the TV talking as though he's some kind of qualified doctor

It's all bollocks , stay at home and read your bible or whatever your religious book is , all nonsense

It's like swingers parties , do it behind closed doors

All science can explain is "how" religion explains the "why"? There is no competition between the two, you can be a religious scientist. Many are...

There's no competition between the two?
    There's even competition between different religions.
    Religion is fantasy and for the most part and science tries to establish fact.
    Couldn't be more opposite.

Talking elephants, buffaloes, snakes and donkeys don't explain anything apart from human psychology.

Highly educated people like doctors and scientists are extremely unlikely to be religious and believe in the God myth .....because they can see what utter nonsense it all is

The figure is 3 to 4 percent

It switches for uneducated people .....no money .....no hope ? .......along come the holy people with the bible or whatever for you to read

Christianity is huge in Africa where many of the people are poor and uneducated ......thanks to your mates the missionaries spreading the word to vulnerable people

The Catholic Church did very well getting people to sign up in Ireland ......loads of poverty!

Check out the figures , it's true

Poorly educated people .......God botherers
    The universe is supposedly 93 billion light years across.
    The Earth is one tiny speck in that unimaginable space.
    Some of the greatest scientific minds think that we may not be the only life form in existence.
    However, our gods usually seem to reflect a form that have characteristics of life on this particular planet. A bit coincidental innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The universe is supposedly 93 billion light years across.
    The Earth is one tiny speck in that unimaginable space.
    Some of the greatest scientific minds think that we may not be the only life form in existence.
    However, our gods usually seem to reflect a form that have characteristics of life on this particular planet. A bit coincidental innit?
    It all happened in 7 days

I am sure we can all agree that's a miracle

It certainly was, and actually just 6 days.

Yet you and the Genie have a far greater (in scope) faith, because you both believe that Earth & Complex life arose without any designer at all, by chance!

Science has discovered that DNA is a program of incredible complexity, one science article states: "All the genes together form the master DNA program, which is copied and run simultaneously in trillions of cells to achieve this miracle of physicochemical engineering".

If I were to suggest to you that the far inferior Windows 11 arose on your hard drive by chance and without a programmer then you would rightly laugh and suggest I was naive to consider such a possibility; however you guys do no different with DNA.

Yet you and the Genie have a far greater (in scope) faith, because you both believe that Earth & Complex life arose without any designer at all, by chance!

Science has discovered that DNA is a program of incredible complexity, one science article states: "All the genes together form the master DNA program, which is copied and run simultaneously in trillions of cells to achieve this miracle of physicochemical engineering".

If I were to suggest to you that the far inferior Windows 11 arose on your hard drive by chance and without a programmer then you would rightly laugh and suggest I was naive to consider such a possibility; however you guys do no different with DNA.
    Firstly, I have never declared my 'faith' in anything.
    Secondly, your analogy is meaningless.
    Thirdly, I don't consider someone who believes in a talking snake to be any sort of authority regarding DNA.

I don't think you are naive , I know that you are deluded

If you get cancer are you going to pray God makes you better ?

Of give the science of medicine a go ?

Bible stories lifted from other preceding religions
    In the Persian scriptures of the Zoroastrians, the Avesta tells the story of how Ormuzd created the world and the first two humans in six days and then rested on the seventh. The names of these two human beings were Adama and Evah. These texts date back as far as the 10th century B.C.

See https://listverse.com/2013/06/30/ten...-on-the-bible/ for more.

That’s the thing though, we don’t know, we haven’t got a clue but are using science to try and understand. There’s a big difference between that and jumping to the conclusion that a book from thousands of years ago, and a deity who there is zero proof exists is the answer, and making all life decisions based on this fairytale.

Bible stories lifted from other preceding religions
    In the Persian scriptures of the Zoroastrians, the Avesta tells the story of how Ormuzd created the world and the first two humans in six days and then rested on the seventh. The names of these two human beings were Adama and Evah. These texts date back as far as the 10th century B.C.

See https://listverse.com/2013/06/30/ten...-on-the-bible/ for more.
    Blasphemy

International

Just seen that clip of that idiot in the hat outside an abortion clinic in Newry, Northern Ireland with his stupid placard and his mates with crucifixes and rosary beads , telling the reporter that the doctors deliver MANY babies that were first thought to be likely to be disabled

I mean what utter twisted feckwits are these people ?

He's got no idea of the facts yet gets his gormless stupid face on the TV talking as though he's some kind of qualified doctor

It's all bollocks , stay at home and read your bible or whatever your religious book is , all nonsense

It's like swingers parties , do it behind closed doors
    They can be fun in the garden too!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They can be fun in the garden too!
    Dirty filthy business

Blasphemy
    "That piece of halibut is good enough for Jehovah."
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 03-07-22 at 08:40. Reason: Spilling

Blasphemy
    It's ironic that, as I was wearing shorts, I was asked to wear a silver-coloured cape a few days ago in order to enter a Coptic church in Cairo - when Jesus was flashing his knees from the crucifix inside.

It's ironic that, as I was wearing shorts, I was asked to wear a silver-coloured cape a few days ago in order to enter a Coptic church in Cairo - when Jesus was flashing his knees from the crucifix inside.
    In fairness, the poor ****er was nailed to a cross, sort of offsets you having to wear a cape to cover your legs

About 3 to 4 percent of doctors and the like are religious

So not many at all
    Not true at all, according to Pewresearch 51% of scientists believe in a deity. There is no competition between religion and science.

I don't think you are naive , I know that you are deluded

If you get cancer are you going to pray God makes you better ?

Of give the science of medicine a go ?
    Why do you place science in conflict with religion. Science seeks to answer the question of "how?" Religion answers the question of "why?"

76% of Dr's believe in God.

https://www.medicaleconomics.com/view/surprising-results-about-physicians-belief-in-god

Why do you place science in conflict with religion. Science seeks to answer the question of "how?" Religion answers the question of "why?"

https://www.medicaleconomics.com/vie...-belief-in-god
    Religions don't answer 'why' - otherwise there wouldn't have been thousands of deities in the history of the planet and which have differed so much or are contradictory.
    They may have tried to answer the question 'why' for primitive peoples who had little or no understanding of meteorology, microbes, electricity, atoms and various causes of natural phenomena - but we have the benefit of knowing much more than unknown scribes millenia ago who wrote fairy stories or, in many cases, rewrote pre-existing fairy stories with new spins. Hence the endless schisms that happen in religions.

https://www.medicaleconomics.com/vie...-belief-in-god
    That's in America where everyone is an asshole

Not true at all, according to Pewresearch 51% of scientists believe in a deity. There is no competition between religion and science.
    51 percent of doctors in salt lake city believe in God

Everyone else is normal

"According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God"

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...ts-and-belief/

51 percent of doctors in salt lake city believe in God

Everyone else is normal
    Salt Lake City?

Atheism isn't normal, you essentially believe the world was created by a random bang and that life is meaningless. That's not normal, rational or healthy for living a life.
    No wonder you appear mentally unstable a lot of the time.
    Your claim that 3% of Dr's believe in God is absolute nonesense.