+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Carlin religion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: George Carlin religion

It’s been surprising for me, living into my 60s with zero interest in religion, then moving to Poland where Catholicism is so prevalent and sets the tone for daily life. Last week was a huge deal for Corpus Christi, the whole country shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It’s been surprising for me, living into my 60s with zero interest in religion, then moving to Poland where Catholicism is so prevalent and sets the tone for daily life. Last week was a huge deal for Corpus Christi, the whole country shut down.
    We were in Benidorm on Palm Sunday, the old town ground to a halt with the various ceremonies, a wonderful procession began at the church, very colourful with parishioners carrying palms as tall as fir trees. A marvellous choir on the beach serenaded the sunbathers. We loved it.......meanwhile over the new town

Teach people that there is a pangalactic Big Cheese and some of them will happily subject their children to mutilation of the genitals.
    Still, it's no skin off my nose...

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    So a bit like Covid-19 then, maybe it should be reclassified as a religion?