+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 343

Thread: George Carlin religion

  1. #241

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Chaos is definitely not God, unless you worship the anti christ. From mathematics to Art, order is seen as beautiful and heart warming.
    The most profound words ever written were in The Gospel of John 1:1
    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

    Words are God, Words require order to work. God is order. If chaos was God, we'd all be speaking random garbled nonesense to each other with no order. We'd barely be able to comunicate
    OK, I I'm done with you now. I just can't live in your medieval head. Try reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder.

  2. #242

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You're still talking shite. We weren't made from nothing. It's called evolution. Doh!!
    Don't start me on evolution, another irrational system.
    If you believe in evolution, explain how a bumble bee will continually grow a wing that had no practical use until 75% complete.
    Why, under natural selection would a bee keep selecting for an adaptation that has no use. A 1% Bee wing has no use so why keep selecting for it over generations?

  3. #243

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Chaos is definitely not God, unless you worship the anti christ. From mathematics to Art, order is seen as beautiful and heart warming.
    The most profound words ever written were in The Gospel of John 1:1
    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

    Words are God, Words require order to work. God is order. If chaos was God, we'd all be speaking random garbled nonesense to each other with no order. We'd barely be able to comunicate
    You think the words written by .....John? .....in his gospel ......were the most profound words ever written ?

    That's an opinion , it's not a fact

    And in the same way we know that if you heat up water it will boil .....a fact proven by science ........you cannot , apart from playing verbal tennis as you and other Christians do , give any proof that there is a god

    Nothing at all

    A shin bone , photos , fingerprints , recordings of him speaking , film footage of him performing miracles

    Nothing

  4. #244

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Can't remember seeing God on The Word in the 90s.
    When telly was proper telly and VHS remotes were wired.

  5. #245

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You think the words written by .....John? .....in his gospel ......were the most profound words ever written ?

    That's an opinion , it's not a fact

    And in the same way we know that if you heat up water it will boil .....a fact proven by science ........you cannot , apart from playing verbal tennis as you and other Christians do , give any proof that there is a god

    Nothing at all

    A shin bone , photos , fingerprints , recordings of him speaking , film footage of him performing miracles

    Nothing
    I'm using logic and reason to prove God (our creator)exists. If you object to my logic explain how you create something(our universe) from nothing...in science that is not possible.

    What to you are the most profound words ever written?

  6. #246

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Is anyone else desperate to watch some shit football?

  7. #247

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If she believes that it was gods will to let her live and call time on the poor souls who died, then that's her logic, her solace. I don't think that it's anymore complicated than that in my opinion.
    I think you are totally missing the point.

  8. #248

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think you are totally missing the point.
    Could you be anymore condescending?
    No explanation, just a metaphorical pat on the head and a stern "No boy"
    Socially clumsy at best.

  9. #249

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    OK, I I'm done with you now. I just can't live in your medieval head. Try reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder.
    Try conveying a point instead of recommending books you probably don't understand yourself.
    If God is chaos, why are you recommending that i read a book which is an orderly set of words, the complete opposite of chaos...

  10. #250

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    In fairness, you've just summed it up beautifully using less time and energy than one of my tomes! It's no wonder I'm knackered all the time!
    You're a demon!

  11. #251

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think you are totally missing the point.
    I probably am....

  12. #252

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    ... It's a joke really and why debating the existence of God is a waste of time .
    Couldn't agree more. Though I'd happily chip in for either side for a couple of pints.

  13. #253

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    One man's immigration is another's Exodus I suppose.
    Very good

  14. #254

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Don't start me on evolution, another irrational system.
    If you believe in evolution, explain how a bumble bee will continually grow a wing that had no practical use until 75% complete.
    Why, under natural selection would a bee keep selecting for an adaptation that has no use. A 1% Bee wing has no use so why keep selecting for it over generations?
    Evolution doesnít have foresight. Earlier wings could have been used for rowing and skimming across the surface of water. Some insects still use wings primarily for this purpose today. Natural selection could then result in improved propulsion efficiency and techniques over time to a stage where some insects evolved to spontaneously hop off the surface of water - and these inherited advantageous traits resulted in descendants eventually adapting further to winged-based flight. So wings used for other purposes by ancestors eventually adapted for flight through opportunity and evolutionary advantage, not with flight in mind from the outset.

  15. #255

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Evolution doesnít have foresight. Earlier wings could have been used for rowing and skimming across the surface of water. Some insects still use wings primarily for this purpose today. Natural selection could then result in improved propulsion efficiency and techniques over time to a stage where some insects evolved to spontaneously hop off the surface of water - and these inherited advantageous traits resulted in descendants eventually adapting further to winged-based flight. So wings used for other purposes by ancestors eventually adapted for flight through opportunity and evolutionary advantage, not with flight in mind from the outset.
    Hello Baloo. I don't think Bee's wings were used for rowing or skimming across water. If they were, they'd still be able to do it today. They'd also be placed lower on the body enabling actual contact with water. And the wing material would be more like a flipper.
    Also, wouldn't it be a huge co incidence that an appendage supposedly perfectly adapted for "paddling" in water, is also perfect for flight.
    These are harsh Darwinian selective pressures, the idea that a bee's wing was continually selected for because it could "paddle a bit" is a bit flimsy.

    From what i gather, you accept that God could exist.
    With that in mind he could be responsible for creating all human life.
    When Quantum physicists suggest that we are living in a hologram, are part of parallel universes or that our whole existence is a complex mathematical equation being played out in a pre ordained fashion(God). Anything is possible, what ever the truth it will be absolutely mind blowing. I just wish people would open their minds a bit

  16. #256

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Hello Baloo. I don't think Bee's wings were used for rowing or skimming across water. If they were, they'd still be able to do it today. They'd also be placed lower on the body enabling actual contact with water. And the wing material would be more like a flipper.
    Also, wouldn't it be a huge co incidence that an appendage supposedly perfectly adapted for "paddling" in water, is also perfect for flight.
    These are harsh Darwinian selective pressures, the idea that a bee's wing was continually selected for because it could "paddle a bit" is a bit flimsy.

    From what i gather, you accept that God could exist.
    With that in mind he could be responsible for creating all human life.
    When Quantum physicists suggest that we are living in a hologram, are part of parallel universes or that our whole existence is a complex mathematical equation being played out in a pre ordained fashion(God). Anything is possible, what ever the truth it will be absolutely mind blowing. I just wish people would open their minds a bit
    I think youíve somewhat missed the point with evolutionary adaptation, but fine I donít think I can state it any more clearly.

    I only stated god could exist but thereís no evidence. Iím afraid this does not imply itís a special case that raises the possibility in my mind above anything else I would also say I donít believe exists. Itís merely a way of describing how I would approach deciding.

  17. #257

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I'm using logic and reason to prove God (our creator)exists. If you object to my logic explain how you create something(our universe) from nothing...in science that is not possible.

    What to you are the most profound words ever written?
    Martin Luther King

  18. #258

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Martin Luther King
    When someone starts saying they are using logic disguised as opinion I think (therefore) they (note not gender-specific) are a troll Sludge and we're just on a feeding frenzy.

    Logic is a science that studies and uses the principles of correct reasoning. Logic is deducing that two truths imply a third truth e.g. logic is the process of coming to the conclusion of who stole an item based on who was in the room at the time. It's not opinion. The whole thing has veered off into some weird anti-immigration rant which I suspect is what's really driving them.

    CN aka the antichrist.

  19. #259
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    11,252

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Don't start me on evolution, another irrational system.
    If you believe in evolution, explain how a bumble bee will continually grow a wing that had no practical use until 75% complete.
    Why, under natural selection would a bee keep selecting for an adaptation that has no use. A 1% Bee wing has no use so why keep selecting for it over generations?
    you talk shite and you proved it.
    One of the tenets of religion is that "God" gave man free will and that is the argument all zealots use when they are asked why god allows men to do horrendous things.
    But in post 156 of this thread when it suits your ridiculous stupid argument you clearly state that another posted didn't do "what he liked" but did " what god intends him to do!!" A complete denial of the principle of free will.

    You can't have it both ways. Oh but I forgot you're a so called christian, you can have it which ever way suits your argument today and then change it for tomorrows argument.
    You can do that because you have the free will to choose,
    oh hang on no... you do it because that's what god intends.. oh hang on......

    Stop talking shite, you make yourself look even more stupid than you are!

  20. #260

    Re: George Carlin religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    When someone starts saying they are using logic disguised as opinion I think (therefore) they (note not gender-specific) are a troll Sludge and we're just on a feeding frenzy.

    Logic is a science that studies and uses the principles of correct reasoning. Logic is deducing that two truths imply a third truth e.g. logic is the process of coming to the conclusion of who stole an item based on who was in the room at the time. It's not opinion. The whole thing has veered off into some weird anti-immigration rant which I suspect is what's really driving them.

    CN aka the antichrist.
    I won't repeat it again but if you can't see my logic and reason concerning the metaphysics of creation you are completely ignorant to the point of being wilfully blind.

    SLUDGE'S race obsession is his religion yet lives in a white ethno town. Weird that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •