+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: George Carlin religion

Re: George Carlin religion

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    If you had any shame you'd be squirming at your performance here. The fact you aren't squirming shows you're not even inyelligent enough to know when you're on the ropes. Ignirance is bliss i suppose lol

Martin Luther King is not a set of profound words. It's just a trendy name drop. Once again you have absolutely zero substance when pushed.
    Batter me with the factual power of your faith

Amen Brother

Where do you live ?

84% white and declining all the time. Now do the racial composition of Cowbridge.
    The HQ of SLUDGE'S new religion, i suppose his innate religious impulse has to go somewhere. His is the veneration of non whites.
    interesting you mention an "innate religious impulse" that's basically how Richard Dawkins explains the proliferation of religions throughout all of human history.
    we are genetically predisposed to hold beliefs and cultures, especially ones we are exposed to in our youth as it has been a very useful evolutionary tactic - i.e. we don't eat this berry, or the meat of this animal etc.
    modern organised religions are basically a side effect of these traits that have been used by people.to.hold.power

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Talking of evolutionary adaptation I often wonder what that anti-immigration, proudly religious, pseudo-intellectual, booringly argumentative and deeply patronising RonnieBird evolved into since his user name no longer posts on this Board.
    Interesting thought. But do you think Ronnie would have evolved from hard-core UKIP into full blown KKK?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    interesting you mention an "innate religious impulse" that's basically how Richard Dawkins explains the proliferation of religions throughout all of human history.
    we are genetically predisposed to hold beliefs and cultures, especially ones we are exposed to in our youth as it has been a very useful evolutionary tactic - i.e. we don't eat this berry, or the meat of this animal etc.
    modern organised religions are basically a side effect of these traits that have been used by people.to.hold.power
    A very useful diversionary tactic more like

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting thought. But do you think Ronnie would have evolved from hard-core UKIP into full blown KKK?
    Mild mannered janitor ?

Wolf in sheep's clothing ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Mild mannered janitor ?

Wolf in sheep's clothing ?
    Mild mannered wolf in janitors clothing? Evolution's a bitch.

Dawkins is a midwit in these discussions. I wouldn't disagree that we are genetically predisposed to religion, that doesn't disprove the idea that we were created by a superior power. It just shifts the question onto who coded our genes. You make me laugh i swear, nice try anyway. Nexxxxxxxt

God knows how this guy would survive in Birmingham , Bradford or London

He wouldn't get off the train

I have lived in Bradford , it was a great laugh 😃
    You lived in Bradford for a short time during tne 80s when it was over 90% white. Stop hyping up your non white credentials it's cringey.

Dawkins is a midwit in these discussions. I wouldn't disagree that we are genetically predisposed to religion, that doesn't disprove the idea that we were created by a superior power. It just shifts the question onto who coded our genes. You make me laugh i swear, nice try anyway. Nexxxxxxxt
    nobody coded our genes, they developed that way due to natural selection, as it was beneficial at some point in our history (probably many points).
    once again how can you not see that just pointing to your imaginary friend and saying that he did it is a very poor explanation of anything - it just raises the larger question - then who created this mystical powerful being? did they evolve? were they created by an even more powerful being? god 2.0?
    I find the natural selection explanation a lot more satisfactory.

you would have us believe that this "god" created men with a genetic disposition towards religion, then allowed thousands of competing religions to flourish for thousands of years before one religion somehow discovers the "truth". All other religions before and afterwards are definitely wrong though.

You lived in Bradford for a short time during tne 80s when it was over 90% white. Stop hyping up your non white credentials it's cringey.
    Wrong decade

You think it was 90 percent white in the 1980s ?

You are very uneducated on this matter .....its almost as if you ......know nothing

Where do you live ?

You are very coy about this

We are not going to turn up and arrest you

Don't be shy xx

nobody coded our genes, they developed that way due to natural selection, as it was beneficial at some point in our history (probably many points).
    once again how can you not see that just pointing to your imaginary friend and saying that he did it is a very poor explanation of anything - it just raises the larger question - then who created this mystical powerful being? did they evolve? were they created by an even more powerful being? god 2.0?
    I find the natural selection explanation a lot more satisfactory.

you would have us believe that this "god" created men with a genetic disposition towards religion, then allowed thousands of competing religions to flourish for thousands of years before one religion somehow discovers the "truth". All other religions before and afterwards are definitely wrong though.
    We could argue about natural selection. But That's not the point i was making or the point you supposedly found *genuinely hillarious* sic

Now back to the metaphysics, There has never been a time when there was nothing, because if there were ever nothing, there could never be something. There has never been a time when there was nothing but chaos. Order cannot come from chaos, because that which is cannot come from that which is not. That's my logic and reason, you clearly and naively follow last decades midwit Richars Dawkins. So i can assume you believe the big bang came from nothing, was an accident and life is essentially meaningless? Is this your irrational argument?

You're not an expert in scripture so aim your sights a touch lower, nobody is convinced by this little act.

There's no mention in the Bible of mass immigration to every European descent nation on Earth, no mention of cheap labour under cutting natives or the destruction of cultures to the benefit of big business.
    I'm a bit sympathetic to Nobel Peace Prize winner The Dalai Lama when he says "Receive them, help them, educate them... but ultimately they should develop their own country,"

"I think Europe belongs to the Europeans,"
    "they ultimately should rebuild their own country"

You're just a little shit anyway i don't know why i even bother with you. As yet, i doubt you're too affected by all the problems that come with mass immigration. It's all theory for you in your Middle Class bubble, policing the message board for "wrong think"
    Jesus Christ you're touchy. For the record I live in one of the most ethnically diverse parts of Cardiff, my ethnicity is probably a minority in my area, or if it's not then it's close. I'm just pointing out that your attitude towards foreigners is completely at odds with what is instructed in the Christian Bible, which apparently you follow. Why you're quoting probably the most famous Buddhist in the world to back your argument is, although hilarious, very confusing.

If you can't handle people pointing out when you're being hypocritical without getting verbally abusive then the only thing I suggest is that you stay away from contentious topics or pray for a less sensitive personality

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Jesus Christ you're touchy. For the record I live in one of the most ethnically diverse parts of Cardiff, my ethnicity is probably a minority in my area, or if it's not then it's close. I'm just pointing out that your attitude towards foreigners is completely at odds with what is instructed in the Christian Bible, which apparently you follow. Why you're quoting probably the most famous Buddhist in the world to back your argument is, although hilarious, very confusing.

If you can't handle people pointing out when you're being hypocritical without getting verbally abusive then the only thing I suggest is that you stay away from contentious topics or pray for a less sensitive personality
    You live in Riverside then? I thought you lived in Canton?
    I have been touchy with you because your approach generally, is to make sarky comments without contributing anything much. This is the first genuine post i've seen from you in a long time. Maybe i need to look harder.

I quoted the Dalai Lama not to support Catholicism but to demonstrate that men more reasonable than myself oppose mass immigration into Europe.

We could argue about natural selection. But That's not the point i was making or the point you supposedly found *genuinely hillarious* sic

Now back to the metaphysics, There has never been a time when there was nothing, because if there were ever nothing, there could never be something. There has never been a time when there was nothing but chaos. Order cannot come from chaos, because that which is cannot come from that which is not. That's my logic and reason, you clearly and naively follow last decades midwit Richars Dawkins. So i can assume you believe the big bang came from nothing, was an accident and life is essentially meaningless? Is this your irrational argument?
    was there a big bang - yes they have detected evidence of it
    was it an "accident" - yes if you mean a spontaneous natural occurrence, of course. this is far more likely than being meticulously planned by some kind of massively powerful being that purposefully created it in order to create a specific life form on one specific planet so much later they could pay an unhealthy interest in whether that lifeform has still got a foreskin or eats fish on a Friday?
    is life essentially meaningless? yes - in so far as there is no greater external framework giving it a preordained meaning . we are not in a computer game where we have to fulfill a set of requirements to reach level 2. Any meaning that you happen to find in your life, is cultivated by yourself alone not some greater power.

was it an "accident" - yes if you mean a spontaneous natural occurrence, of course. this is far more likely than being meticulously planned by some kind of massively powerful being that purposefully created it in order to create a specific life form on one specific planet so much later they could pay an unhealthy interest in whether that lifeform has still got a foreskin or eats fish on a Friday?
    is life essentially meaningless? yes - in so far as there is no greater external framework giving it a preordained meaning . we are not in a computer game where we have to fulfill a set of requirements to reach level 2. Any meaning that you happen to find in your life, is cultivated by yourself alone not some greater power.

So just to be clear, you believe that you can create something from nothing? Now this *is* hillarious...

Great post.

So just to be clear, you believe that you can create something from nothing? Now this *is* hillarious...
    You believe in a supernatural being that came from another dimension and had no creator.

How do extra terrestrials go down in your line of Christianity?

Wrong decade

You think it was 90 percent white in the 1980s ?

You are very uneducated on this matter .....its almost as if you ......know nothing

Where do you live ?

You are very coy about this

We are not going to turn up and arrest you

Don't be shy xx
    Well according to google the Bradford District is now 75% white. So it probably was over 90% white in the 1980s. That is how quick the demographics are changing. Anyway, stop this teneous claim to your new religion of multiculturalism. It's cringey as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    You believe in a supernatural being that came from another dimension and had no creator.

How do extra terrestrials go down in your line of Christianity?
    So you believe in aliens but not a creator? Haha this thread gets funnier

no, I never stated that.
    there needs to have been some "thing" for there to have been a big bang - a massive concentration of energy.
    once you have that I am very comfortable with the notion that increasing complexity can randomly form from this spontaneous release of energy, ultimately resulting in all matter, all life and even the ball point pen I am holding in my hand.
    do I know what caused the big bang - of course not, possibly, an earlier universe collapsing in on itself, but that just kicks the can down the road, just not as far as you have to kick it to also invent a god powerful enough to create a whole universe yet petty enough to care about trivial details

that's not funny or even surprising. if you agree that life can spontaneously start, then why would it only start once. there are almost certainly other life forms elsewhere in the universe, where conditions are favourable

Someone lend this racist a braincell.

I didn't say I believe in aliens (I don't). I expected some hypocrisy regarding your belief in aliens and you appear to be completely oblivious to the fact.

Your explanation of who or what God is could be taken straight from a poorly written sci-fi novel and makes God sound like an alien.

You live in Riverside then? I thought you lived in Canton?
    I have been touchy with you because your approach generally, is to make sarky comments without contributing anything much. This is the first genuine post i've seen from you in a long time. Maybe i need to look harder.

I quoted the Dalai Lama not to support Catholicism but to demonstrate that men more reasonable than myself oppose mass immigration into Europe.
    What's your opinion of the parable of the good Samaritan? Should you need a quick recap, it's about a traveller who gets robbed and beaten. Two people walked past and did nothing. A Samaritan (who the Jews hated) took pity on him, helped him with his injuries and took him to an inn. He paid for the man to stay there and informed the innkeeper that if the cost was greater than he had paid, he would reimburse the innkeeper when he returned.

If ever there was a parable that sums up how a Christian should live then this has to be it. Yet your version of Christianity seems to suggest you would have left that man for dead. You even support non-diluting of a supposedly white gene pool by immigrants (so non-white people).

And you've got the gall to lecture people on here about faith?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What's your opinion of the parable of the good Samaritan? Should you need a quick recap, it's about a traveller who gets robbed and beaten. Two people walked past and did nothing. A Samaritan (who the Jews hated) took pity on him, helped him with his injuries and took him to an inn. He paid for the man to stay there and informed the innkeeper that if the cost was greater than he had paid, he would reimburse the innkeeper when he returned.

If ever there was a parable that sums up how a Christian should live then this has to be it. Yet your version of Christianity seems to suggest you would have left that man for dead. You even support non-diluting of a supposedly white gene pool by immigrants (so non-white people).

And you've got the gall to lecture people on here about faith?
    I think that's the killer punch

Surely he's out for the count now ?