+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: George Carlin religion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: George Carlin religion

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    And how would you KNOW you had a Rolex in your hand?

* As for your proof of God, every one of the 300 Trillion cells in your body confirms His existence.
    The cells in my body confirms there is a god ?

How's that then ?

The cells in my body prove there are cells in my body , not in God's existence

If the cells , a physical presence prove my existence , why can't you wheel out god from wherever he is currently so we can all see him ?

Surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Where does it say in the Bible that we should import cheap labour to surpress wages for the benefit of international finance. Or destroy a culture and people through mass immigration? Here's a clue, it doesn’t. To me As a Catholic, Mass immigration is chaos, the work of the devil and not order, the work of God.
    Never mind the cheap labour bit , it says in your guidebook to treat foriengers as your own ?

So either the bible is talking rubbish or you are not acting as a Christian

I can prove that our creator exists using science. Within the laws of science you can NOT create something from nothing. Ergo, we were created from God.
    Ergo .....because you cannot provide proof of this supposedly omnipresent God you have become a scientist 😂

That's not the first time you have invoked the emotive Hitler reference. You've lost it.
    But if you think i went too far by declaring you as mentally unstable, i will retract it providing you explain our existence. And don't come at me with "accidental big bang and life is meaningless" rubbish.
    Call me what you like , it doesn't bother me

I think you are a hypocritical religious freak 😜

They're just very superficial thinkers, jumping on the "next thing"
    It's not a phase , people have questioned the fantasy of God since man .....invented it ....we have been here for years

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    You are assuming that God is from a dimension that includes TIME.
    He isn't, so do want to stick with that question or ask a different one?
    You are moving the goalposts now

He's a time traveller!

Blimey

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Then where did god come from?
    Our creator is eternal and not from our dimension.

Also Mr Humanist. Why didn't you answer my question? I know you saw it

Did he just create us, those places and peoples where Judaism, Christianity and Islam dominate or did he create the Hindus, Buddhists and Shinto devotees as well? If so why are they worshipping a different set of gods?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Did he just create us, those places and peoples where Judaism, Christianity and Islam dominate or did he create the Hindus, Buddhists and Shinto devotees as well? If so why are they worshipping a different set of gods?
    I'm more of an earthy kind of Gaia.

Thanks.

If I recall your question was something like could god exist? Yes, but without any evidence I don't live my life as if he does.

I can prove that our creator exists using science. Within the laws of science you can NOT create something from nothing. Ergo, we were created from God.
    Hahaha what strange logic

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not a phase , people have questioned the fantasy of God since man .....invented it ....we have been here for years
    You say "since man invented it" like it's a *gotcha* moment. Who invented man?

They're just very superficial thinkers, jumping on the "next thing"
    Sadly when I was younger the “next thing” was being indoctrinated into this cult. Thank **** I grew up and got a mind of my own. The most freeing thing I ever did was to realise it’s all bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He’ll ignore that one, buries his head like an ostrich when the hard questions come out.

God doesn't die and he comes from elsewhere?

Gallefrey?

Are there about 8 of him ?

Am I close ?

God is all kind and caring

But if you don't go to his church and worship him then you can't go to heaven ?

That's a bit harsh !

However if you have killed lots of people but say sorry for your sins ........you can go to heaven ?

I think God is very confused or he's been drinking

Just seen that Ashley Cain fella on Instagram who lost his baby daughter. Tragic story. He’s Saying a prayer thanking God for giving him the gift of the child and for him to hold her in his grasp.

No mention of the fact that God was the thing that took her away in the first place…..oh no, I forgot, he only does the good stuff. It’s a mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Just seen that Ashley Cain fella on Instagram who lost his baby daughter. Tragic story. He’s Saying a prayer thanking God for giving him the gift of the child and for him to hold her in his grasp.

No mention of the fact that God was the thing that took her away in the first place…..oh no, I forgot, he only does the good stuff. It’s a mental illness.
    Would you rather him be angry, hateful and vengeful, or using his faith in a positive way? I don't believe in god, but you have no place in insulting that man for the way he interprets life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Would you rather him be angry, hateful and vengeful, or using his faith in a positive way? I don't believe in god, but you have no place in insulting that man for the way he interprets life.
    I remember an old lady in Italy who, after being saved from under a collapsed building, thanked God for her survival. Unfortunately, others perished in that incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember an old lady in Italy who, after being saved from under a collapsed building, thanked God for her survival. Unfortunately, others perished in that incident.
    How we deal with trauma, loss, grief, emotional pain are complex. I actually find the thought of chaotic theory and a series of random but mathematically patterned quantum events (and the head-f*ck that they bring) really comforting. When we give up on being in control of anything (including our own brains) it can be philosophically liberating. You see, what I think the old lady in Italy was describing and attributing to her survival, was in fact chaos. She survived (everything is connected but uncontrollable) while others perished, seems perfectly logical to me and is not pre-ordained (or down to a god).

The thing I'm doing here now though (and I didn't start off this post with this in mind) is arguing that chaos = god = chaos. I'm not talking about conscience (which is different and touches upon sentience - including AI) being represented by a bearded man surrounded by angels in the same way that just because I have a beard means I qualify as a god! Though I think I'd make a pretty good god and have learned a lot from Sean Connery's mistakes in A Man Who Would Be King!

The Italian lady could quite as easily thanked Chaos for her survival.

Is anyone else desperate to watch some shit football?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If she believes that it was gods will to let her live and call time on the poor souls who died, then that's her logic, her solace. I don't think that it's anymore complicated than that in my opinion.

If she believes that it was gods will to let her live and call time on the poor souls who died, then that's her logic, her solace. I don't think that it's anymore complicated than that in my opinion.
    In fairness, you've just summed it up beautifully using less time and energy than one of my tomes! It's no wonder I'm knackered all the time!

I think you are totally missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post

I despair at these type of people

Absolutely brain washed

If a poorly kid is saved by the wisdom of the doctors ......God gave that wisdom

If the kid passes away, God wanted them for heaven

It's absolutely staggering

There really is no point in engaging with these people