Re: Ralls staying

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought the squad were in Scotland.

Morison pictured with Ralls in Cardiff?
    They’re going next week

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’re going next week
    Just waiting for Bale to sign before they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’re going next week
    Ah didnt realise.

I thought the squad were in Scotland.

Morison pictured with Ralls in Cardiff?
    Leaving tomorrow (Sunday) according to WOL

:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-look-24311112

Great news. We need leaders like Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Great news. We need leaders like Joe.
    I know I’m not Joe’s biggest fan, but what attributes makes him a leader? I don’t see him often organise, I don’t see him bark or shout and I don’t see him rally players

Of course I’ve got to cede that managers have selected Joe as captain who are in a infinitely smarter, trained and a much much better place to judge, I’ve just never seen it myself at matches

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I know I’m not Joe’s biggest fan, but what attributes makes him a leader? I don’t see him often organise, I don’t see him bark or shout and I don’t see him rally players

Of course I’ve got to cede that managers have selected Joe as captain who are in a infinitely smarter, trained and a much much better place to judge, I’ve just never seen it myself at matches
    Does shouting and barking make you a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Does shouting and barking make you a leader?
    No I fully take your point

But what ‘leading’ does Joe actually do? Can be based on your own definition of it

I remember Sean Morrison saying that game v Reading when we were clinching promotion. He said him and Peltier were laughing with each other saying weve done it with minutes to go. Ralls shouted at them saying weve done nothing yet wise up and thats what hes like.

Think youve just got it in for him. To be fair there have been players ive not rated at all which others have loved.

I remember Sean Morrison saying that game v Reading when we were clinching promotion. He said him and Peltier were laughing with each other saying weve done it with minutes to go. Ralls shouted at them saying weve done nothing yet wise up and thats what hes like.

Think youve just got it in for him. To be fair there have been players ive not rated at all which others have loved.
    You’re probably right - I’m probably overly critical

Ralls' appearance stats are interesting. They suggest he's become a little injury-prone in recent seasons, but I suspect he's just been a bit unlucky in the respect as he doesn't appear to be the fragile type.

It was the 2015/16 campaign that he fully established himself in the side. His stats since then are:

2015/16 - 42 (+1) appearances, 1 goal
    2016/17 - 39 (+3) appearances, 6 goals
    2017/18 - 37 appearances, 7 goals
    2018/19 - 22 (+6) appearances, 0 goals (Premier League)
    2019/20 - 25 (+2) appearances, 7 goals
    2020/21 - 34 (+5) appearances, 5 goals
    2021/22 - 26 (+3) appearances, 1 goal

Not sure why the goals dried up to such an extent last season, but in fairness it was a really poor campaign for the team all round.

No I fully take your point

But what ‘leading’ does Joe actually do? Can be based on your own definition of it
    It’s not so much the leadership but you know what you’ll get with him. A steady 7 from 10 every week who, apart from last year, does everything well. Maybe that’s leadership that the young players need. A solid Pro that doesn’t go missing.

I’m suspecting he’s a very good professional and with the huge transition this summer his consistency will be essential.

He's more of a legend than Bale

I think he's the exactly the type of pro Morison needs at the moment. He always puts in a good shift and will give the team a modicum of continuity and stability. If Morison is able to get the team playing like he says he wants them to we could see great things from Joe.