+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Collins

James Collins

What do you reckon will happen with Collins this season? He barely got a look-in during the second half of last season and it seems clear that Morison doesn't rate him, but he's scarcely been mentioned since the season ended. Is he going to be given a chance to prove himself in the coming months or will he be shipped out?

Re: James Collins

He's at pre season, although that's a bit of a given. I think a loan to League One is probably likely, although we need at least one striker in before he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What do you reckon will happen with Collins this season? He barely got a look-in during the second half of last season and it seems clear that Morison doesn't rate him, but he's scarcely been mentioned since the season ended. Is he going to be given a chance to prove himself in the coming months or will he be shipped out?
    Shipped out. Loan with us paying some wages or a free.

I don't think that he's a Morison player, although he brought in Hugill and Ikpeazu, so actually, **** knows what Morison likes in a striker.

He was runner up (to Max Watters) in the Two Touch Tennis competition 2 days ago - so he surely has a glorious future leading the line for us next season.

He'll be in all of our social media videos for cross bar challenges and similar this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that he's a Morison player, although he brought in Hugill and Ikpeazu, so actually, **** knows what Morison likes in a striker.
    Think/hope that a was a case of beggars can't be choosers. I think Morison wants himself about 10 years ago. Certainly wants someone who can hold it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    He'll be in all of our social media videos for cross bar challenges and similar this season.

I’ll go out on a limb here. IF we keep him & he gets game time he’ll bang in double figures. He’s had a 30-40% ratio for the last decade. He just needs to get his mojo back.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’ll go out on a limb here. IF we keep him & he gets game time he’ll bang in double figures. He’s had a 30-40% ratio for the last decade. He just needs to get his mojo back.
    I agree season before last at Luton he did really well

just move him on .not good enough.

All depends on whether we can bring a striker in I suppose. Fingers crossed we do as Collins isn’t the answer.