+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He probably looked at our squad and thought **** it, I’ll take the easier option.
    When it comes to a view of our chances with this squad next season I hope you didn't give him a ring ?

This is all your fault

Thousands of kids hopes , ruined

I hope you are happy

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When it comes to a view of our chances with this squad next season I hope you didn't give him a ring ?

This is all your fault

Thousands of kids hopes , ruined

I hope you are happy
    I pride myself on being direct and brutally honest, even if it upsets people. It is what it is.

I never got caught up in the Bale nonsense and anyone who did and is now disappointed need to give their head a little wobble.

I pride myself on being direct and brutally honest, even if it upsets people. It is what it is.

I never got caught up in the Bale nonsense and anyone who did and is now disappointed need to give their head a little wobble.
    Think of the children

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Think of the children
    No

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    He was quick enough to say he was joining Getafe.
    I recall him saying the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    he`s full of shit always said end his time at cardiff.
    When has he ever said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Massive over reactions on here.
    I think he has made his decision on what will be best for Wales at the World Cup.

As long he is match fit and firing for Wales in November, I don't care where he plays.

It really is for the best.
    It would have been a circus if he was at City all the while we are trying to build a new team from scratch.

You sound like you are trying to convince yourself.

How is being an 8 hour flight away from the rest of the squad, medical team and manager, doing the 'best for Wales at the world cup'?

He won't get match fit in a walking football league for has beens and nobody's from South America. I'd rather he play 20 mins a week for Everton than this.

Why? It seemed like there was a possibility of him signing. He met with the manager. The club were apparently in negotiations. What's so fantastical about that? It's only nonsense now because it's over. Bale could have declared his interest in MLS at any time over the past week. But he didn't. He ruled out Getafe. He didn't rule out us. And he still hasn't said anything about LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Massive over reactions on here.
    I think he has made his decision on what will be best for Wales at the World Cup.

As long he is match fit and firing for Wales in November, I don't care where he plays.

It would have been a circus if he was at City all the while we are trying to build a new team from scratch.

Reckon he’d made his mind up before he landed here last week….prob just media wales over egging it all

He probably looked at our squad and thought **** it, I’ll take the easier option.
    Have you seen LAFC team? I think I’d heard of one player…..

Left be honest, if he had have come here, we as fans would have expected “Bellamy” type performances, chasing back, closing down and generally showing energy all over the pitch.

We wouldn’t have got that and I think after the initial “honeymoon” period fans might have got a bit frustrated with him.

Would a few of our fans, expected “top of the league performances” every time he played.

Let’s be honest here, we’re not the most patient of fans, are we ?

I don't see how we are in any big mulling over decision mind and do think he could have stopped any rumours and the like a while back.

To drop to the wages and championship would only be because he wanted to be at home, be in the same training base as the Welsh FA.

Hundreds of other clubs would offer him better money, plenty of cities a better lifestyle.

Either he wanted to come play at home or he didn't. He could pick almost any country to go and play in, any top division.

Maybe at best we were the back up option, but were never likely to be his destination given he really could almost pick anywhere outside of the big clubs ( if his wage demands were realistic obviously).

Can't blame him for going there but it's not with the world cup in mind is it, he should have gone straight to Qatar for that.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Reckon he’d made his mind up before he landed here last week….prob just media wales over egging it all
    Yep - it would seem like he thought right ive got to pay (or be seen to pay) some lip service to CCFC and see what it's like to meet with them etc...(maybe properly keeping us in some consideration) but then having met with us, he went and probably moments later on the same day walked off to a quiet bit of the training complex to put on his LAFC hat and kit and do his video.

I'm putting words in his mouth/thoughts in his mind but I dare say he had an idea that MLS and LA may be the move for him long, long ago and it may well have been some annoyance to him that he had to be seen to keep CCFC in consideration. What is telling is I've seen him now don plenty of clubs shirts making heart symbols over their badge with his hands, and I haven't and don't think I ever will see him do the same with a city shirt. We flatter ourselves to think he is anywhere close to truly being that bothered with us.

This thread and social media over last 2 days shows why him coming would have been a disaster for all.

After the initial excitement (which would have been fun) it would have all turned sour very quickly i think. I thought that anyway but the reaction to him not coming proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    This thread and social media over last 2 days shows why him coming would have been a disaster for all.

After the initial excitement (which would have been fun) it would have all turned sour very quickly i think. I thought that anyway but the reaction to him not coming proves it.
    You’re probably right mate

I honestly don't mind him not coming to Cardiff. There would have been a touch of "circus" around this season which might've interfered with the fact Morison's trying to build an actual team out of nearly 10 fresh faces and some youngsters. The sheer number of games in the Championship means he'd miss more than he'd play, and when he did play you'd probably get some rando leaving a foot in trying to make a name for himself or he'd twist an ankle on some rain sodden mud fiesta of a pitch.

At least in LA he'll get some glorified warm weather training in before Qatar, and considering that league's penchant for aging famous players he'll probably be more protected by the refs, too.

Who gives a shit. Bale didn't say anything that linked him with us, not once. We may have been an option in his mind, but an option is all we were, thinking about it, we are in a privileged position to be considered an option. Grown men getting shitty like they've not got an invite to a party is rather funny though.

Thank goodness......

I always said that Rambo is more likely to finish up his career here, he actually has real ties to our club

whilst Bale would have been great to watch, world class free kicks, inspiring youngsters ( both on and off the field ) and got the world talking about the old " roy of the rovers stuff " Bale doesn't really have a lot of ties to us, sure he comes from Cardiff , but thats about it, its a shame, would have been great to have seen him play for us while he still has some sort of legs

Now lets get Rambo signed up for 1 season and enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Thank goodness......
    Agreed, he shouldn't be anywhere near lower half championship football. It would be embarrassing, and a bigger fall from grace than when Geoffrey Hayes, the presenter from Rainbow ended up stacking shelves in B+Q after falling on hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I always said that Rambo is more likely to finish up his career here, he actually has real ties to our club

whilst Bale would have been great to watch, world class free kicks, inspiring youngsters ( both on and off the field ) and got the world talking about the old " roy of the rovers stuff " Bale doesn't really have a lot of ties to us, sure he comes from Cardiff , but thats about it, its a shame, would have been great to have seen him play for us while he still has some sort of legs

Now lets get Rambo signed up for 1 season and enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is CCFC
    Lets not repeat the circus with Ramsey.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets not repeat the circus with Ramsey.������
    its been entertaining for 2 weeks though

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who gives a shit. Bale didn't say anything that linked him with us, not once. We may have been an option in his mind, but an option is all we were, thinking about it, we are in a privileged position to be considered an option. Grown men getting shitty like they've not got an invite to a party is rather funny though.
    We were definately in a privileged position to be considered an option, he's never talked down Cardiff City or did he rule us out of the reckoning and that's pleasant.

I've got no problem mind on the face of it the with people being disappointed that the hope that a long, long held speculation that he as a Cardiff lad may want one day to come and play his final days at Cardiff appears dead. No shame in wishing for a hero from our home town as wedded to the cause of Cardiff City and passionate about it as we are. Definate shame to turn to hatred towards him if anyone is mind, think that should be agreed, but a mistake to read disappointment as hatred or getting shitty in all cases.

I wish him well in whatever he does as he seems a decent family orientated bloke, I remember he had his whole family at his Real Madrid signing which said a lot to me

But that twitter video looks certainly looks like it was filmed at the Hensol Training ground.
    Not a great choice for his ‘unveiling’ considering all the media hype IMO

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    We were definately in a privileged position to be considered an option, he's never talked down Cardiff City or did he rule us out of the reckoning and that's pleasant.

I've got no problem mind on the face of it the with people being disappointed that the hope that a long, long held speculation that he as a Cardiff lad may want one day to come and play his final days at Cardiff appears dead. No shame in wishing for a hero from our home town as wedded to the cause of Cardiff City and passionate about it as we are. Definate shame to turn to hatred towards him if anyone is mind, think that should be agreed, but a mistake to read disappointment as hatred or getting shitty in all cases.
    Fair enough