+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    All I could see in that report was it being said that on being told of it, Dalman was very very respectful, according to Paul Abbandonato. It did not say however who had been the one telling it to Dalman - for all the piece gave it could be taken that it was Paul Abbandonato doing the updating to Dalman of unsubstaniated reports and asking for his reaction to what they were reporting to be the case.
    This from the Wales on line article

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman said upon learning of Bale's decision on Saturday: "We wish Gareth the very best, want to see him get fit and do well for Wales at the World Cup.

"We hope he plays really well and that Wales also do well as a result.

"Gareth will always be welcome back home whenever he wants. He'd always be welcome at Cardiff whenever he feels it's his time."

Seems like a direct quote to me so seems strange if the news isn't true but if there is hope so be it but for I'm glad this is done as its been a drag
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 25-06-22 at 19:31. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman said upon learning of Bale's decision on Saturday: "We wish Gareth the very best, want to see him get fit and do well for Wales at the World Cup.

"Gareth will always be welcome back home whenever he wants. He'd always be welcome at Cardiff whenever he feels it's his time."

Seems like a direct quote to me?
    My point being - how did he learn it? Why didn't they explain who he had learned it from?("upon learning of it from Bale/his agent" it does not say) Not one story today has provided official confirmation directly from Bale or his representatives of the said decision, and those saying something was agreed have since revised to say he is mulling over an offer.

Essentially what is clear is things still aren't any clearer than they were yesterday or the day before - he's mulling over a MLS offer, we knew that already.

How WO report it leaves it open to consideration that Wales Online were the ones Dalman was doing the learning from, and while the headline they have ran with states City issue a classy response to Bale, I would say more likely is they issued said response to Wales Online on the phone, rather than to Bale himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Seems like a direct quote to me so seems strange if the news isn't true but if there is hope so be it but for I'm glad this is done as its been a drag
    Not mad on this quote from Dalman. If Bale ever plays for CCFC is has to be cos it’s good for CCFC not Bale.

He’s a Welsh legend and fair play but he is not bigger than the club