+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agreed, he shouldn't be anywhere near lower half championship football. It would be embarrassing, and a bigger fall from grace than when Geoffrey Hayes, the presenter from Rainbow ended up stacking shelves in B+Q after falling on hard times.
    But aren't many of the MLS teams lower half championship or even league 1 standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    I wish him well in whatever he does as he seems a decent family orientated bloke, I remember he had his whole family at his Real Madrid signing which said a lot to me

But that twitter video looks certainly looks like it was filmed at the Hensol Training ground.
    Not a great choice for his ‘unveiling’ considering all the media hype IMO
    If it was filmed at Hensol, I wonder when it was????

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    But aren't many of the MLS teams lower half championship or even league 1 standard?
    I dont follow the MLS but yeah I dont think he should be playing in the Championship due to the standard holds up.

The highlights ive seen I get the impression that a lot of clubs play on artificial surfaces. I hope thats not the case.

Theres also been mention of him having lumps kicked out of him in the Championship as if its some sort of cloggers league.

Apart from a few teams (us for example) most play decent football.

I think the MLS will be far easier for him though. Nicer climate , almost certainly will add more to his wealth.

Hes made the decision which is best for him.

Just wished hed ruled us out the same time as he did with Getafe.

Who gives a shit. Bale didn't say anything that linked him with us, not once. We may have been an option in his mind, but an option is all we were, thinking about it, we are in a privileged position to be considered an option. Grown men getting shitty like they've not got an invite to a party is rather funny though.
    Plenty of people give a shit , obviously 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont follow the MLS but yeah I dont think he should be playing in the Championship due to the standard holds up.

The highlights ive seen I get the impression that a lot of clubs play on artificial surfaces. I hope thats not the case.

Theres also been mention of him having lumps kicked out of him in the Championship as if its some sort of cloggers league.

Apart from a few teams (us for example) most play decent football.

I think the MLS will be far easier for him though. Nicer climate , almost certainly will add more to his wealth.

Hes made the decision which is best for him.

Just wished hed ruled us out the same time as he did with Getafe.
    I thought the Getafe stuff was him just engaging in a bit of word play, as in - who's going to get taffy?

was this filmed at the vale ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets not repeat the circus with Ramsey.😂😂😂
    No “It’s Happening 2” thread?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

looks like, its getting late looking at the lights on the building, so at least he had the decency to do it almost under the cover of darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    No, they're MLS standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Think so. I'd hazard a guess that the deal was already done and filming this was the reason for him turning up there the other day.
    Makes all the speculation and stuff claimed as fact over the last few days, look even more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ive jumped, its on

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Think so. I'd hazard a guess that the deal was already done and filming this was the reason for him turning up there the other day.
    Makes all the speculation and stuff claimed as fact over the last few days, look even more ridiculous.
    He arrived in his car in the morning though, its getting darker in that video

doesn't he live just down the road, he might have sneaked up after everyone had gone, slipped the security guard a tenner to turn a blind eye and got on recording, in fact for another tenner the security guard might be the one filming, man of the people is our Gareth, always helping the working man out

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dear Gareth

Are in interested in signing for Cardiff ?

1 . Yes , talks are ongoing
    2. No

Thanks Gareth
    Yeah and then you’d all be on here going “HE TOLD US HE WAS INTERESTED HE LED US UP THE GARDEN PATH, WAS PROBABLY ONLY USING US TO GET A BETTER CONTRACT WITH THEM”

Spoilt children everywhere

Agreed, he shouldn't be anywhere near lower half championship football. It would be embarrassing, and a bigger fall from grace than when Geoffrey Hayes, the presenter from Rainbow ended up stacking shelves in B+Q after falling on hard times.
    Bungle, George and Zippy didn't lift a finger to help Geoffrey and they were f*cking minted. It's very similar to Bale v CCFC imo and I don't appreciate you dragging them into it because I f*cking loved Rainbow and you've now triggered PTSD flashbacks! That's my day ruined!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Plenty of people give a shit , obviously 🙄
    To the point of entitlement for some people.

Really disapointed about this. What is the gossip on why it didnt happen then?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Lol. In the know donuts.

"Its happening!!! Deal close!!! Unveiling soon......."

When hes already had his pic with a LA top on at our training ground. Clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Lol. In the know donuts.

"Its happening!!! Deal close!!! Unveiling soon......."

When hes already had his pic with a LA top on at our training ground. Clowns.
    "I trust my sources"

Well, they're not very good

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Really disapointed about this. What is the gossip on why it didnt happen then?
    When the gossip starts and it will id ignore it.

Too much rubbish posted in the weeks/days leading up to the decision.

He looks ill and underweight

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Bungle, George and Zippy didn't lift a finger to help Geoffrey and they were f*cking minted. It's very similar to Bale v CCFC imo and I don't appreciate you dragging them into it because I f*cking loved Rainbow and you've now triggered PTSD flashbacks! That's my day ruined!
    Rainbow was Ace! Bungle was the best, although a bit of a shit house grass in getting Zippy into trouble with Geoffrey. He'd walk around bollock naked in the house but wear bathers when they went to the beach.

One of the better summaries of the Bale to LA decision:

https://www.football365.com/news/opi...or-next-season

It even managed to shoe in the 'wet Tuesday night in Stoke' compulsory punch line!

Rainbow was Ace! Bungle was the best, although a bit of a shit house grass in getting Zippy into trouble with Geoffrey. He'd walk around bollock naked in the house but wear bathers when they went to the beach.
    Never meet your plushie heroes!

Attachment 4966

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    He arrived in his car in the morning though, its getting darker in that video

doesn't he live just down the road, he might have sneaked up after everyone had gone, slipped the security guard a tenner to turn a blind eye and got on recording, in fact for another tenner the security guard might be the one filming, man of the people is our Gareth, always helping the working man out
    Definitely the Vale training ground albeit on the FAW training pitch with Hensol Castle in the background, I live in the grounds of the training pitches and gutted I missed this to ‘get the scoop’

He could have a walked home afterwards his house is so close, another reason why I thought he’d have come to us.
    Odd he was at the Vale to do this video, must have been using the FAW (or City’s) facilities for some reason.

He could have done this from the golf course at his house or anywhere?