Never meet your plushie heroes!

Attachment 4966
    Proper kids TV.

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive jumped, its on
    Rambo 2: It’s gotta happen……sounds like a good movie

Personal sponsorship clinches the deal. He’ll get more money from endorsements than salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No, they're MLS standard.

Well of course, but how does MLS compare to other leagues such as our Championship and League 1, Bundeslig 2 etc

I saw something which suggested that LA Galaxy would be around 8th in the championship and other MLS clubs would be anywhere from there to mid league 1 but I didn't check what year it was written and I can't be bother searching for it again

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I was never sure how bringing in someone like Bale would work, allowing someone to come and go as they please, given how Morison is very much building a squad that basks in hard work and graft. I never thought he would have featured that often for us, meaning we'd need someone to fill his role when he didn't play or have squad upheaval as a result. Neither would be that satisfactory.

He's decided to go to America on a wage less than we'd offer him. That's the kick in the teeth. In a recent interview he didn't care where he played as it was only his fitness, not his ability, that was the issue. He's having an elongated holiday at a place he loves.

Let's not pretend that Cardiff means anything to Gareth Bale. He's a global superstar, and why not? I hope that, in 18 months or whatever, we don't bother with him.
    1000% this.

Some of the responses in this thread are well and truly OTT.

Were we considered an option? Yes. Did the media speculation in the previous 72 hours raise hopes beyond us just being an option? Yes.

I'm not sure the LA deal came about until relatively late on, but I said when his agent had the interview to Wales Online that there would be an agenda; and it was clearly done to stop the hyperbole that was starting to occur.

He can go to LA; come away from the spotlight, get some match fitness (the league isn't fantastic but it's championship comparable) and see where he stands in a year time.

I would've been absolutely delighted he came here, but this makes him no less of the Wales legend he already was. It makes him no more of a Cardiff City legend, but then he never was one.

The unveiling at Hensol is a bit of a but ultimately that took place yesterday evening with the FAW as I understand it.

Plus, I'd always have preferred Ramsey if we can get him fit and firing anyway and no, I've not got a bloody clue .

CCMB

Where speculation becomes fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Personal sponsorship clinches the deal. He’ll get more money from endorsements than salary.
    Closing endorsements at Real were around $10m per year. That’s got to influence any decision, how much can be carried over & the US of A is the land of sports endorsements.

I wouldn't be surprised if CCFC knew from day one that he wasn't going to play for us but said to him 'string the fans/mugs along for as long as you can and hopefully they will buy season tickets thinking you are going to join us'. Anyway Good luck in LA it looks a bit of a dump but the golf courses are good I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if CCFC knew from day one that he wasn't going to play for us but said to him 'string the fans/mugs along for as long as you can and hopefully they will buy season tickets thinking you are going to join us'. Anyway Good luck in LA it looks a bit of a dump but the golf courses are good I hear.
    LA is a fantastic place.

I wouldn't be surprised if CCFC knew from day one that he wasn't going to play for us but said to him 'string the fans/mugs along for as long as you can and hopefully they will buy season tickets thinking you are going to join us'.
    Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Have you seen LAFC team? I think I’d heard of one player…..
    They are top of their league though and he would most likely be fighting a relegation battle here, in what is considered a tough league to play in.

We’ve got next to no creativity in the squad so who is going to feed him the ball?

As I said probably the easier option to get himself fit and takes himself out of the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Jesus Christ
    Wrong thread. Try the "all Christians are idiots" line if you are looking for a response!

I am a Cardiff City fan , I am chuffed Wales are playing in a world cup final but I would have liked see Bale have a season or two here

I don't really care about November , I want us to win some games early season

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Have you seen LAFC team? I think I’d heard of one player…..
    Carlos Vela was on Arsenal's books for years and played at West Brom on loan. They've also just signed Chiellini from Juve, so can chat to Bale all season about how great the Euros final was.
    They do love players in their 30s🙂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They are top of their league though and he would most likely be fighting a relegation battle here, in what is considered a tough league to play in.

We’ve got next to no creativity in the squad so who is going to feed him the ball?

As I said probably the easier option to get himself fit and takes himself out of the limelight.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Proper kids TV.
    It was brilliant.

Lifted this from Wiki: Hayes was a fan of the Scottish football team Dundee United, having lived in the city in the 1960s. Hayes said that he asked the producers of Rainbow to make the Zippy puppet tangerine in colour, to match Dundee United's colours rather than the blue of local rivals Dundee.

Its good he is still motivated by money and more money.

And he was quite happy to let us dream .

I hope the money brings whatever that amount of money brings .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Its good he is still motivated by money and more money.

And he was quite happy to let us dream .

I hope the money brings whatever that amount of money brings .
    I think it's shite that he may have been motivated by money

The world is getting fecked by money

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Some of the responses in this thread are well and truly OTT.

Were we considered an option? Yes. Did the media speculation in the previous 72 hours raise hopes beyond us just being an option? Yes.

I'm not sure the LA deal came about until relatively late on, but I said when his agent had the interview to Wales Online that there would be an agenda; and it was clearly done to stop the hyperbole that was starting to occur.

He can go to LA; come away from the spotlight, get some match fitness (the league isn't fantastic but it's championship comparable) and see where he stands in a year time.

I would've been absolutely delighted he came here, but this makes him no less of the Wales legend he already was. It makes him no more of a Cardiff City legend, but then he never was one.

The unveiling at Hensol is a bit of a but ultimately that took place yesterday evening with the FAW as I understand it.

Plus, I'd always have preferred Ramsey if we can get him fit and firing anyway and no, I've not got a bloody clue .
    Well said!!

Closing endorsements at Real were around $10m per year. That’s got to influence any decision, how much can be carried over & the US of A is the land of sports endorsements.
    Of course , you dont want that little earner to dry up ...

Why didn't he just say Cardiff wasn't on his radar . I would have respected that more than the obvious disappointment to all Cardiff supporters are left with .

Why didn't he just say Cardiff wasn't on his radar . I would have respected that more than the obvious disappointment to all Cardiff supporters are left with .
    I agree entirely

That's all we asked for was honesty not too much to ask for was it.

That's all we asked for was honesty not too much to ask for was it.
    Was Bale dishonest at any stage? If so, how?