+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Gareth Bale is off to the US - not Cardiff.

https://nation.cymru/sport/gareth-ba...os-angeles-fc/

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Fùck!

Still chasing the money.... greed b'stard.

Disappointing, wish him all the best though obviously.
    Hope it serves him and Wales well.

He, almost went to China. What did anyone really expect? One last pay day.

Not too disappointed. The season would have revolved around him at a time when SM is bedding in a new team. Yes it would have been great to have a world class player in our team but at least now there are no distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Disappointing, wish him all the best though obviously.
    Hope it serves him and Wales well.
    ^^^this

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Not too disappointed. The season would have revolved around him at a time when SM is bedding in a new team. Yes it would have been great to have a world class player in our team but at least now there are no distractions.
    Whilst a little disappointed, I said similar in the other fred

So the Yanks can nobble him before the WC rather than the English Championship defenders.

He won’t be going for the money as he’s not a nominated player, most he’ll be on is 700k a year. If he wanted money he’d have gone somewhere else.

It’ll be a lifestyle decision and I can’t say I blame him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So the Yanks can nobble him before the WC rather than the English Championship defenders.

Now there's a thought

Bizarre move. All the best to him.

Will he get booed at Wales' next home game?

Yes I am gutted. Dont blame Bale for going to USA but feel City have been played.
    Will support Bale 100% for Wales but the aura has slipped for me a bit

he`s full of shit always said end his time at cardiff. wanker

It's Toshack in reverse, sort of. Gutted. Loan spell in Dec/Jan? Wonder if he fancies Stoke away as his first match in a City shirt?

Everybody says he's such a nice bloke, but personally, I think he's a plick. There's been weeks and weeks of speculation about him joining the Bluebirds. He was quick enough to say he was joining Getafe. If he had an respect for our club and our supporters he could have nipped the rumours in the bud at the very beginning as he obviously had no intention of joining Cardiff City.

judas

What a tease!

Whoever thought he’d end up in a blue shirt opposite Asda and Costco must have really been let out of Whitchurch for the evening. There was never really going to be any chance of him driving down Leckwith Road once a fortnight to play for his “home town club”. It’s a no brainier. Better lifestyle, better climate, more importantly more money. How difficult was a decision like that ?

How very, very disappointing. Both for ourselves and the Wales football team

Just looking at who owns LA FC. An insane list of names with huge wealth, fame and influence.

No contest really.

https://www.lafc.com/club/ownership

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Everybody says he's such a nice bloke, but personally, I think he's a plick. There's been weeks and weeks of speculation about him joining the Bluebirds. He was quick enough to say he was joining Getafe. If he had an respect for our club and our supporters he could have nipped the rumours in the bud at the very beginning as he obviously had no intention of joining Cardiff City.
    How do you know he had no intention? He probably didn't nip it in the bud because he was seriously considering it, but then in the end decided to go with another option he was offered. That's his right, and to be honest who can blame him

“I feel like I’ll never really lose my quality on the ball. I guess it’s a conversation to be had.
    I thought his quality dropped off in the last game when compared to many of those around him.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    How do you know he had no intention? He probably didn't nip it in the bud because he was seriously considering it, but then in the end decided to go with another option he was offered. That's his right, and to be honest who can blame him
    Personally, I would also have have opted for a year or two in the US if I was in his position, it's a no-brainer isn't it?